My 2012 CTS Sport Wagon - 18 Month Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My 2012 CTS Sport Wagon - 18 Month Review in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hands Down - Best Caddy I Have Ever Owned! Handles Phenomenally! I live and work in the Portland, Oregon region, ...
    ma2ch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

My 2012 CTS Sport Wagon - 18 Month Review

Hands Down - Best Caddy I Have Ever Owned!

Handles Phenomenally!

I live and work in the Portland, Oregon region, and have only seen about 5 other Sport Wagons here. I truly love this car. I am a life-long Cadillac owner, having possessed man different models,
    and this (so far) has been the best. I purchased the Sport Wagon based solely on the looks. I am constantly approached by admirers of this model - whether when I park and get out, or getting a "thumbs-up" when driving.

I've had very little negative issues. The automatic lift tail gate came out of alignment and was repaired, and currently it is idling roughly (goes in for service soon). Perhaps it is just me, but still after 18 months I struggle with the controls on the stereo/navigation system. It just is not intuitive. I still even hit the wrong power roof buttons. And why did it not come equipped with an electronic parking brake when the other CTS models of the same year have them (it was not available for the Sport Wagon.)?

My partner has an Infinity G35, and while it beats my Caddy off the line initially, the Caddy eventually overtakes the Infinity. I will give credit to Infinity however, their service far outranks that of Cadillac. Take the Infinity in for its scheduled oil change, and get a new Infinity loaner. Take the Caddy in for its scheduled oil change, get nothing.

My lease is up in another 18 months. Been considering the XTS. Anyword on a 2015 Sport Wagon??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Re: My 2012 CTS Sport Wagon - 18 Month Review

The word has been that Cadillac does not plan on building another wagon. That's a shame because I think the CTS wagon is sharp.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ma2ch View Post
    Hands Down - Best Caddy I Have Ever Owned!

Handles Phenomenally!

I live and work in the Portland, Oregon region, and have only seen about 5 other Sport Wagons here. I truly love this car. I am a life-long Cadillac owner, having possessed man different models,
    and this (so far) has been the best. I purchased the Sport Wagon based solely on the looks. I am constantly approached by admirers of this model - whether when I park and get out, or getting a "thumbs-up" when driving.

I've had very little negative issues. The automatic lift tail gate came out of alignment and was repaired, and currently it is idling roughly (goes in for service soon). Perhaps it is just me, but still after 18 months I struggle with the controls on the stereo/navigation system. It just is not intuitive. I still even hit the wrong power roof buttons. And why did it not come equipped with an electronic parking brake when the other CTS models of the same year have them (it was not available for the Sport Wagon.)?

My partner has an Infinity G35, and while it beats my Caddy off the line initially, the Caddy eventually overtakes the Infinity. I will give credit to Infinity however, their service far outranks that of Cadillac. Take the Infinity in for its scheduled oil change, and get a new Infinity loaner. Take the Caddy in for its scheduled oil change, get nothing.

My lease is up in another 18 months. Been considering the XTS. Anyword on a 2015 Sport Wagon??
    Hello ma2ch,

I am very happy to hear that you have been satisfied with your 2012 CTS Wagon! Please let us know if you would like any more information regarding the XTS. Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our product. I don’t have any information regarding the 2015 Wagon, or if there will be one, but here is some information about the 2014 that will be coming out soon:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...agon/2014.html

Thanks for posting your review of your vehicle! Be sure to private message us if you have any questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

paden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Just stumbled on this as I am researching my next possible purchase. Thanks for the info. I am looking into trading my 06 STS for a CTS Wagon. I need the utility but do not want a SUV. Do you have the 3.6? Most cars I see for sale are the 3.0, which I do not want. Also, I have heard complaints about seat comfort. I have a 41 mile one way commute in Houston, so my time in the car is extensive and comfort is important.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by paden
    Just stumbled on this as I am researching my next possible purchase. Thanks for the info. I am looking into trading my 06 STS for a CTS Wagon. I need the utility but do not want a SUV. Do you have the 3.6? Most cars I see for sale are the 3.0, which I do not want. Also, I have heard complaints about seat comfort. I have a 41 mile one way commute in Houston, so my time in the car is extensive and comfort is important.
    I regularly knock down 250 mile trips without a stop. 3 plus hours and find the car and seats very comfortable It took awhile to get used to the center stack and my right knee but moving the seat back took care of that problem. 2010 awd wagon

MKWAGON is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 AWD Sportwagon, Diamond white, 3.6 DI

Paden,

I have no problems with the seats in mine, nor have I had any complaints from any passengers. However, a lot of folks absolutely hate them and complain bitterly, If you could, I'd recommend you spend a day with a demo, or rent one before buying. If buying new, there may still be the option of the Recaros. The other thing to be aware of, is the abysmal fuel mileage reputation of the 3.6 AWD, though that's not likely something you'll want in Texas. I really enjoy driving mine, anytime, all the time. And yes, my 1 ton work trucks get equivalent or better mileage, though they don't get near the compliments. And, it's rare to see another in my area. Much luck and enjoyment with your new ride, whatever it is.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Agree with mkwagon above. I don't mind my seats, but try one out for a weekend. I have the 3.6 DI and it has more getupandgo that the 3.0 while mpg is comparable. AWD can get bad mpg.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    While i love the Recaros in the V, I had no problems with the base seats in my CTS coupe.

MBambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sportswagon AWD Premium

I don't know why some owners complain about the MPG of a CTS. My 2010 CTS AWD Premium Sportswagon matches or gets better than the window sticker prediction. Just completed a 2000 mile trip to California and even with all the mountains and traffic averaged 23.6 driving at legal speed limits. Initially I thought the seats were a little too firm but got used to them and now don't even notice it. This car is a dream cruising the highways or around town. My only real complaint is that the radio/video system is not user friendly and that my navigation 2014 update cost $200!! Just installed the latest version of Goodyear's/winter/ice tires and even with the 3 inches of snow on the ground the AWD just plows on through. The only limit is the low (5") front end clearance (watch out for those
    6-7" parking curbs. I love the turning direction headlights. This is the first time, having always driven wagons, that I have received compliments on the looks of a wagon and even a couple of thumbs up. Too bad the rumor is that the sleek and distinct Sportswagon model is being discontinued after next year.

Dave1442397 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon

I have the 2010 RWD 3.6 wagon and love it. I've put 36,000 miles on it (it had 22,000 when I bought it) and have had no problems.

My gas mileage is fine. I average around 19.5, but on long trips I get around 24mpg, and that's not doing the speed limit

I have no problem with the seats, and have done up to 600 miles with just a 10-minute break for gas and bathroom. I do think the seats in my wife's Acura RDX are better, but mine are fine.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I have the 2010 RWD 3.6 wagon and love it. I've put 36,000 miles on it (it had 22,000 when I bought it) and have had no problems.

My gas mileage is fine. I average around 19.5, but on long trips I get around 24mpg, and that's not doing the speed limit

I have no problem with the seats, and have done up to 600 miles with just a 10-minute break for gas and bathroom. I do think the seats in my wife's Acura RDX are better, but mine are fine.
    Hello Dave1442397,

I am glad to hear you are loving your 2010 CTS Wagon so far! Continue to enjoy your Cadillac. If you ever have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact us via private message so we can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.