Need part Number for Splash guard.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Need part Number for Splash guard. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi I have a 2008 CTS and I'm hoping somebody can help me, I'm looking for the part number for ...
    Peter18423 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Need part Number for Splash guard.

Hi I have a 2008 CTS and I'm hoping somebody can help me, I'm looking for the part number for the splash guard that is under the engine. The one that has to be removed before changing the oil. last time I got the oil changed I guess the technician didn't put all the screws back and it fell off while driving down the freeway. I need to replace it but don't know the part number I ordered one on line but it ended up being the wrong one. It was the one that fits under the front of the engine not under the oil pan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: Need part Number for Splash guard.

Peter, I believe the item you're needing is referred to as a "Rear Shield" in the parts catalog.
    Go to this website.. http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm .. and choose 2008 > CADILLAC > CTS, then choose BODY HARDWARE > RADIATOR SUPPORT > SPLASH SHIELDS. The component you need appears to be item 7 (Rear Shield w/o AWD) or item 8 (Rear Shield w/AWD). Add the component you need to the cart. On the shopping cart page click on "Submit Cart". On the next page type "I AGREE" and click on Proceed Without Verification. You will then arrive at the Check Out page which provides the part number of the component you placed in your cart. Once you have the part number you can then decide who/where to buy the component from. Do you have /did you order the retainers (screws)? I see various retainer bits are shown in the parts diagram at GMPD - items 2, 4, 5, 6 - for the front and rear shields. Good luck with all.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter18423 View Post
    Hi I have a 2008 CTS and I'm hoping somebody can help me, I'm looking for the part number for the splash guard that is under the engine. The one that has to be removed before changing the oil. last time I got the oil changed I guess the technician didn't put all the screws back and it fell off while driving down the freeway. I need to replace it but don't know the part number I ordered one on line but it ended up being the wrong one. It was the one that fits under the front of the engine not under the oil pan.
    Hello Peter18423,

I apologize that the tech didn’t put the screws all the way in on your splash guard and it has fallen off. I would be more than happy to contact them regarding this and see if they could give me the part number you are looking for, as well as let them know about this experience. Please private message me if this is something that you would like me to do. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

If you want to replace the shield that's fine but it doesn't do anything. They initially installed them to quiet engine noise but without it ,there is no appreciable difference. Some say it improves under car aerodynamics but at normal highway speeds there is not enough undercar turbulence to make a difference. Also, it has no real protective advantages since many CTS' don't even have them from the factor any more, just like the underhood appearance panels. The underside engine components on most cars are unprotected and run perfectly fine.

Peter18423 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Thanks for that info. I know the guard doesn't really do anything but my wife doesn't believe me so she wants it back on.

----------

Thanks Gregory; But it wasn't a Cadillac dealer that failed me it was one of those oil change chains and I'm pretty sure they will deny that they did any thing wrong. I biggest complaint is that it started coming off while traveling on I-5 and started draging on the ground once I pulled over you couldn't see it caude it would snap back into place. Once I got back up to 40MPH it would start draging again, I was lucky I was close to a friendss house So i could jack the car up and remove the half that was left after driving 35 miles with it draging on teh freeway. Didn't make for a nice trip.
    My bigger problem with this vehicle is that it came with no spare tire. My wife had a flat on the freeway and by the time she found a safe palce to pull over the tire was ruined thus the air pump and fix a flat serviced no purpose. Had to have the car towed and was lucky to make it to a tire shop 5 minuets before they closed. Without a spare she was stranded on the side of the freeway till I got there to help her. Now I need to buy a spare tire kit caus ei don't wantthat to happen again especially if it's after 5:00PM when the tire shops have closed or on a Sunday when none are open. I guess when Cadillac decied to elimante the spare they didn't think it through. As a Cadillac Customer Service Care expert maybe you can tell Cadillac that removing the spare was a bad decision. Even though I love the car I wouldn't buy another unless it had a spare. So my question to you is can you tell me the part number for the spare tire kit so I can get it from my local Cadillac dealer? Sorry Gregory but I don't know how to send a private message through this website.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Can't say that I blame her there are other GM cars besides just the CTS that use a splash guard as a diffuser underneath the car I know my car can use all the help it can get lol

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Peter,

Your oil change center has insurance for this type of problem! Take your receipt and the remainder of the plastic back there and ask to speak to the owner/manager. Yes they will deny it, but you are in charge!

On the spare tire issue, are you saying your wife would have replaced the shredded tire, on the side of the freeway if you had one? I know mine wouldn't have! That's why we have insurance to take care of that. If there is no spare tire, they will tow you to a tire store, you do need a new tire, right?

If you want to purchase a spare, I suggest you go to a salvage yard and buy one (and the jack, etc) from them and save a TON of $$. I think the last quote here for a spare was approaching $400!

Lastly, to contact Cadillac Cust. Svc. just click on that name on the email they sent to you!

Good luck, don't sweat the small details! Marv

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter18423 View Post
    Thanks for that info. I know the guard doesn't really do anything but my wife doesn't believe me so she wants it back on.

----------

Thanks Gregory; But it wasn't a Cadillac dealer that failed me it was one of those oil change chains and I'm pretty sure they will deny that they did any thing wrong. I biggest complaint is that it started coming off while traveling on I-5 and started draging on the ground once I pulled over you couldn't see it caude it would snap back into place. Once I got back up to 40MPH it would start draging again, I was lucky I was close to a friendss house So i could jack the car up and remove the half that was left after driving 35 miles with it draging on teh freeway. Didn't make for a nice trip.
    My bigger problem with this vehicle is that it came with no spare tire. My wife had a flat on the freeway and by the time she found a safe palce to pull over the tire was ruined thus the air pump and fix a flat serviced no purpose. Had to have the car towed and was lucky to make it to a tire shop 5 minuets before they closed. Without a spare she was stranded on the side of the freeway till I got there to help her. Now I need to buy a spare tire kit caus ei don't wantthat to happen again especially if it's after 5:00PM when the tire shops have closed or on a Sunday when none are open. I guess when Cadillac decied to elimante the spare they didn't think it through. As a Cadillac Customer Service Care expert maybe you can tell Cadillac that removing the spare was a bad decision. Even though I love the car I wouldn't buy another unless it had a spare. So my question to you is can you tell me the part number for the spare tire kit so I can get it from my local Cadillac dealer? Sorry Gregory but I don't know how to send a private message through this website.
    Hello Peter,

I will definitely pass along your input about the spare tire. Thank you very much for the feedback. I do see that you only have 7 posts, I think you might have to have 10 to private message on this forum, but I am not completely sure. I apologize that I did not see that before. If you could provide me with your VIN in an email to socialmedia@gm.com, I would be more than happy to locate the part number for you. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for responding.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.