Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Saw it on TV - new for 2014 - and thought I would check it out. Overall styling gets an ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA

Saw it on TV - new for 2014 - and thought I would check it out. Overall styling gets an A but for interior only a B. Tester was 3.3L Bronze with black seats. Prefer cashmere or a lighter color to offset all the darkness. The padding on dash and doors was black too and dull and didnt have the nice sheen the CTS has and no option other than black. The wood too was dark so overall there was no pop to the inside. Awfull lot of switches all over. Sometimes this can be overdone and become tacky. With the only 2 $3000 options - Tech and Premium - you get pretty much all one would want. Even heated washers. Sits on 19inch wheels and with side alert and lane departure, the bells were ringing although I was staying where I should. Map comes as a usb key. Maybe not a bad idea. Esthetics for console layout wasnt too bad but could be better with more intuitive given the plethora of buttons and settings. DIDnt like the shifter. Did like the front seat leg extender but didnt try it. Pep was a bit uneven but all fairness I need to play with that more. Paddle shifters, no oil gauge - but just about everything except HUD for $45K. There is a white pearl with cashmere I may test as well but need more time and away from cluttered highways. Worth a look but a real close one before considering any changes to my CTS. Quite roomy. front and back. IMHO

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA

Thanks for the personal review. I'm sure many will think a Kia review is totally out of place in a Cadillac forum, but I think it's worthwhile to see what you can get in other lesser priced cars, so that Cadillac can see what is possible feature-wise with a probable $15K-$20K price difference, feature for feature. (Yes I know cache, general build quality, etc. also factor in too)

qijovn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6DI AWD NAV 07 CBR600RR

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Saw it on TV - new for 2014 - and thought I would check it out. Overall styling gets an A but for interior only a B. Tester was 3.3L Bronze with black seats. Prefer cashmere or a lighter color to offset all the darkness. The padding on dash and doors was black too and dull and didnt have the nice sheen the CTS has and no option other than black. The wood too was dark so overall there was no pop to the inside. Awfull lot of switches all over. Sometimes this can be overdone and become tacky. With the only 2 $3000 options - Tech and Premium - you get pretty much all one would want. Even heated washers. Sits on 19inch wheels and with side alert and lane departure, the bells were ringing although I was staying where I should. Map comes as a usb key. Maybe not a bad idea. Esthetics for console layout wasnt too bad but could be better with more intuitive given the plethora of buttons and settings. DIDnt like the shifter. Did like the front seat leg extender but didnt try it. Pep was a bit uneven but all fairness I need to play with that more. Paddle shifters, no oil gauge - but just about everything except HUD for $45K. There is a white pearl with cashmere I may test as well but need more time and away from cluttered highways. Worth a look but a real close one before considering any changes to my CTS. Quite roomy. front and back. IMHO

It's just odd to me the Kia vs Cadillac comparo.....kia IMHO is like a shiny turd....its got all the "bells and whistles" most all manufacturers are making available these days, but you get minimal fit and finish, build quality...etc. Angelbones you hit it right on the head.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I don't much prefer shiny turds.

Regardless....does it remind you of the girl you knew in high school, like the commercial says??

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by qijovn View Post
    It's just odd to me the Kia vs Cadillac comparo.....kia IMHO is like a shiny turd....its got all the "bells and whistles" most all manufacturers are making available these days, but you get minimal fit and finish, build quality...etc. Angelbones you hit it right on the head.

Regardless....does it remind you of the girl you knew in high school, like the commercial says??
    Kia is in no way a "shiny turd." The Cadenza has outstanding fit and finish, superior to all but a few domestic autos.

With that said, it's not a competitor to the CTS; more like a competitor to the XTS. It's a front-drive with almost nonexistent driving dynamics. Very soft ride, though, and the interior materials are first-rate (IMO way better than the XTS offers).

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The couple of reviews I read on the Cadenza and its Hyundai counterpart, complained of a pretty flimsy chassis. They preferred the Hyundai, because it's softer suspension masked the chassis' shortcomings a bit.

snofun3 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by qijovn View Post

So I paid big bucks for my 08 CTS4, and got far more than a turd, I got a steaming POS, so, so much for your cliches.

The Quality wise the Kia will run all over a CTS.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

snofun3

I guess if I were unhappy with my car (regardless of brand) I'd get rid of it and move on. Your attitude won't get you any help here!

Marv
    qijovn likes this.

snofun3 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    snofun3

I guess if I were unhappy with my car (regardless of brand) I'd get rid of it and move on. Your attitude won't get you any help here!

Marv
    That hanger queen is thankfully long gone. I just chuckle when I see a holier-than-thou attitude. Just look at all of the threads here about major issues that haven't been solved even 4-5 years after the initial introduction, and tell me that a Kia is a turd compared to a Caddy. Right.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Cheez - just meant to pass on some info on a nice car thinking of where they were a few years ago. But the 2014 CTS is sharper.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

FYI, from the KIA website:

2014 Cadenza:
    base price ....... $35,100

packages:
    luxury pkg .......... 3,000
    technology pkg ... 3,000

additional options:
    bumper applique ..... 75
    cargo net ............... 50
    cargo tray .............. 80
    wheel locks ............ 55

destination ........... 600

total MSRP ...... $41,960 with all available options included.

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

My friend purchased a brand new Kia Sorento a couple years ago and initially I was shocked with the quality of the finish for the price. Interior trim was really nice and included a beautiful black wood grain. Would love for that trim to be in my car!

After about a year, it started having serious mechanical issues and it ended up being traded after the dealership couldnt figure out why it wouldnt fully go into Park. It said it was in Park but it would still roll like it was in neutral! Only experience I've ever personally had with a Kia but based on the types of issues it had, I'll have to pass.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Black'10CTS4 View Post
    My friend purchased a brand new Kia Sorento a couple years ago and initially I was shocked with the quality of the finish for the price. Interior trim was really nice and included a beautiful black wood grain. Would love for that trim to be in my car!

After about a year, it started having serious mechanical issues and it ended up being traded after the dealership couldnt figure out why it wouldnt fully go into Park. It said it was in Park but it would still roll like it was in neutral! Only experience I've ever personally had with a Kia but based on the types of issues it had, I'll have to pass.
    My own experience was also with a Sorento (2011) that I turned in on lease before I bought the CTS. The Kia was a terrific vehicle; I just didn't need or want an SUV any longer. But I wouldn't hesitate to lease another Kia if the price and vehicle character were right.

dandunham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS performance mdl 3.6L

I looked at a bunch of cars before purchasing my 2011 CTS, I talked to many of my peers and others as well. 3 of them had purchased the Hyundai Genesis - very similar to the Cadenza, and they were very happy and satisfied with the choice. they were rock solid and if they had any issues the dealers treated them very well. I drove the v6 and v8 version and they were both extremely nice cars. the Genesis was the runner up on my list, it was big , fast, comfortable and quite. to be quite honest it was a very close call. the reason I purchased the Cadillac was the name brand, driving dynamics interior styling and quality (accept for the seats) and exterior styling. Its my first US made car ever so I was frankly concerned about that but so far so good. at the end of the day I think the Cadenza is a player but I must say I do not care for the interior styling at all. but thats a personal thing.
    My take is that if the Cadillac brand wants to stay sharp they should be paying attention to all competitors, when you don't respect competitors thats when you get beat.

qijovn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6DI AWD NAV 07 CBR600RR

Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post
    That hanger queen is thankfully long gone. I just chuckle when I see a holier-than-thou attitude. Just look at all of the threads here about major issues that haven't been solved even 4-5 years after the initial introduction, and tell me that a Kia is a turd compared to a Caddy. Right.
    I don't spend any time on Kia's forums, so I don't know how to compare. This is a website for Cadillac Owners, last I checked these owners had some class. You, my friend are on the wrong forum.

Enjoy your snap-in plastic entry-level disposable vehicle.

Refer to attached link. Thanks

http://www.kia-forums.com/
    ^^It's even in English, for you!!!

Ko knee chi wa

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

from a cursory look through the Kia forum, it appears they have their own share of problems.
    I still know how we wound up with a KIA review on a Cadillac forum. If your "hanger queen" is gone, move on and join the complainers over at KIA.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.