Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just like everything else, everyone has their opinions. I definitely don't look at my car as just a tool to ...
    mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Just like everything else, everyone has their opinions. I definitely don't look at my car as just a tool to get me from A to B. If that's all I wanted, I certainly wouldn't have spent the money to buy a Cadillac. If all you want is an engine and 4 wheels, you could have saved yourself a lot of money. I wanted a vehicle that had class, reliability, and stood out from the crowd. I'm not saying that a car has to encompass everything I believe in, but it's certainly an expression of what I value.

TheVguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA

I'm the service manager for a Cadillac dealer who's dealer group includes 3 KIA stores and 2 Hyundai stores. Don't dismiss the Koreans too quickly. the fit and finish of the new ones coming out is on par with some of the stuff we were selling last year. Features match or exceed our, but like previously said, the driving dynamic just isn't there. yet.

snofun3 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    I have to admit while some of the interiors might be bland looking and not have as premium of materials fit and finish wise they are equal or better in some area's to anything GM offers.

The Snap Fit Plastic comment was funny to me because Cadillac's are put together the same exact way and they are put together no different than a Chevy Cobalt,
    Other than looks, styling, some premium interior materials and a lot more sound deadening there is no difference from what I have seen between any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVguy View Post
    I'm the service manager for a Cadillac dealer who's dealer group includes 3 KIA stores and 2 Hyundai stores. Don't dismiss the Koreans too quickly. the fit and finish of the new ones coming out is on par with some of the stuff we were selling last year. Features match or exceed our, but like previously said, the driving dynamic just isn't there. yet.
    Some voices of reason.

The Hyundai's and Kia's are in their 2nd generation (1st for the Genesis, Equus and Cadenza), versus 100+ years for Caddy, and they at a minimum are very viable alternatives, and in may ways superior. If their level of progress continues (and knowing Koreans I have no doubt they will) in 10 years a Hyundai will be what many here aspire to.

"Snap fit finish" - right. Go ask an interior guy which brand has a better fitting and better assembled interior.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by TheVguy View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Hope you will be a contributing member!

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.