Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Final note - most Cadenzas on the lots have the 2 options along with a mixture of the incidental add ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: Well I tried and not all that bad - short test ride with Cadenza from KIA

Final note - most Cadenzas on the lots have the 2 options along with a mixture of the incidental add ons for around $42K. But in the end we are what we drive and thats why we have a CTS. But GM needs to pay attention to costs and what is out there for a lot less.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by qijovn View Post
    I don't spend any time on Kia's forums, so I don't know how to compare. This is a website for Cadillac Owners, last I checked these owners had some class. You, my friend are on the wrong forum.

Enjoy your snap-in plastic entry-level disposable vehicle.
    I moved up to a Jaguar XF as I was so tired of mediocre quality, marginal performance and constant repairs, and it has been almost flawless. If you want an example of "snap-in plastic entry-level disposable vehicles", go look in your garage.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

OK, I just figured out how to manage my 'ignore list'. It's easy, just click on settings in the banner above and then click on edit ignore list below on the left margin. Then follow the instructions to ignore whoever you want to ignore!
    HurstGN likes this.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Very soft ride, though, and the interior materials are first-rate (IMO way better than the XTS offers).
    Better than the XTS? That'd be a sight to see. The ad agency that does Kia's ads (a.k.a. the stoners who came up with the hamsters and the Adriana Lima / Motley Crue acid trip of a super bowl ad) is in my office building, and they apparently get hooked up on Kias since our office parking structure is full of them. There are a couple Cadenzas, and they look okay from the outside. A bit busy for my tastes. I'll have to take a good look at the interior of one next time I notice one parked.

I personally wouldn't cross shop a Cadenza with a CTS, but lots of people seem to cross shop the Genesis with it. I just can't get over the anonymous faux Benz grille on the Genesis.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingThrough View Post
    I personally wouldn't cross shop a Cadenza with a CTS, but lots of people seem to cross shop the Genesis with it. I just can't get over the anonymous faux Benz grille on the Genesis.
    The Genesis is a pretty nice car, though it doesn't nearly measure up to the CTS IMO. But you can get one with a big-ass V8 that truly hauls.

We travel with some folks who own Lexus sedans (the big ones - LS) who, upon renting the Genesis, expressed amazement at how nice a car it was. One even said she'd consider one to replace her Lexus GS. I wouldn't go there; the ride in the Hyundai is pretty punishing for a supposed luxo sedan. But it's hard to argue value, as the things come loaded to the gills - in sharp contrast to Audi, BMW and Caddy where you need to add lots of expensive packages to get full equipment. It's interesting to me to see the different pricing strategies that these companies employ to attract similar buying populations. Jaguar has chosen to load up all their XFs, which is closer to the Hyundai model than the BMW one.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Jaguar has chosen to load up all their XFs,
    Very interesting, but sadly not even remotely close to being correct.

Base models don't even have Nav or rear camera, whereas full up models have (essentially) everything including blindside monitoring, 20 inch BBS, B&W or Meridian stereo, automatic rear window sunshade, heated cooled seats, steering wheel and on and on.

And, of course, you can go from a T/C 4 to a supercharged 6 to a supercharged 8.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Don't forget, you can choose to ignore this POSER in your settings and lower your blood pressure at the same time!

Winning!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Several members posting in this thread are on the verge of earning infractions and/or bans for "creative spelling", inappropriate language and insults. Everyone chill out, accept the fact that ANY other car may be compared to any of our cars, and please go up to the Site Rules forum and do some studying. You all electronically signed the Guidelines and Rules when you registered for CF. Follow them. Thanks, CF Staff.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Having friends and family including my sister that will only buy Hyundai & Kia's, And as much as I dislike those brands I have to admit while some of the interiors might be bland looking and not have as premium of materials fit and finish wise they are equal or better in some area's to anything GM offers.

The Snap Fit Plastic comment was funny to me because Cadillac's are put together the same exact way and they are put together no different than a Chevy Cobalt, My old G5GT, Cruze, Camaro, Malibu they all use the same fasteners, same size interior bolts, Headliner material is the same, Upper pillar trim material is the same, Same black ABS plastic in the lowers, Same chrome covered plastic interior door handles, and they all have silver plastic lol
    Other than looks, styling, some premium interior materials and a lot more sound deadening there is no difference from what I have seen between any of them.
    MoFex likes this.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    But in the end we are what we drive and thats why we have a CTS.
    Please elaborate on this ^ concept.

T.I.A.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post
    Please elaborate on this ^ concept.

T.I.A.
    Dont you think what you drive is a reflection on who you are? Just stating that we must feel pretty particular with what we drive and thats why the CTS.
    Tbbt likes this.

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

The worst two cars that I ever had were a 1989 Hyundai Sonata (first year they made that car) and a 1997 Cadillac Catera (first year for that car also). We now own a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and a 2013 Cadillac ATS. So never say never after a bad experience with a car and/or a brand of cars.
    99flhr likes this.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Dont you think what you drive is a reflection on who you are? Just stating that we must feel pretty particular with what we drive and thats why the CTS.
    No disrespect intended but no, not really. Bought a CTS because I liked the styling and it met my current needs. Driving it certainly does not make me anymore stylish . LOL
    One of the herd doing the morning commute and at least 50% of the other drivers view cars only as an appliance to get from A to B. They don`t see your car or mine.
    Buy what you like, not a badge or an image.
    JMO

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

The only problem I have with this thread is that I think it belongs in the Lounge (forum); there is not really a meaningful comparison with the CTS (only vague references). And then as it digressed (if I were moderators/administrators) I might have even 'closed' it. Well, that's my take on it.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post
    No disrespect intended but no, not really. Bought a CTS because I liked the styling and it met my current needs. Driving it certainly does not make me anymore stylish . LOL
    One of the herd doing the morning commute and at least 50% of the other drivers view cars only as an appliance to get from A to B. They don`t see your car or mine.
    Buy what you like, not a badge or an image.
    JMO
    I have to agree. Most of the people see cars as a tool to get them from A to B. Nothing else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.