Squeaking sunshade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By C "T" ess
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Squeaking sunshade in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I started noticing this recently on my coupe only when closing the shade, not opening. It's very faint and you ...
    gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    I started noticing this recently on my coupe only when closing the shade, not opening. It's very faint and you really can only hear it when the car is parked and the radio is off, and even then it's barely noticeable. Has anyone experienced this.

I figured I could bring it up next time I go in for an oil change, but I'm a little apprehensive of having them potentially pulling down the headliner after seeing CTSCHICK's experience. I was going to lubricate the tracks a little to see if that helped, but thought I would ask and see if anyone else has had it happen to them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Squeaking sunshade

If you wanna try lubing it your self they use Dielectric/Silicone grease on the inside and Krytox on the exterior especially where there is friction or contact with the glass panels.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK
    If you wanna try lubing it your self they use Dielectric/Silicone grease on the inside and Krytox on the exterior especially where there is friction or contact with the glass panels.
    I have a coupe which has one panel and it only tilts. It's definitely on the inside and it's only the shade.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I started noticing this recently on my coupe only when closing the shade, not opening. It's very faint and you really can only hear it when the car is parked and the radio is off, and even then it's barely noticeable. Has anyone experienced this.

I figured I could bring it up next time I go in for an oil change, but I'm a little apprehensive of having them potentially pulling down the headliner after seeing CTSCHICK's experience. I was going to lubricate the tracks a little to see if that helped, but thought I would ask and see if anyone else has had it happen to them.
    Hello gohawks63,

I am sorry to hear you are noticing a squeaking noise when closing the shade. I understand how you want advice from other members to see if you can resolve the concern on your own. Please keep us updated if you find a resolution or if you choose to bring it up with the dealer next time you are in for a visit. I want to make sure your vehicle issue is taken care of.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello gohawks63,

I am sorry to hear you are noticing a squeaking noise when closing the shade. I understand how you want advice from other members to see if you can resolve the concern on your own. Please keep us updated if you find a resolution or if you choose to bring it up with the dealer next time you are in for a visit. I want to make sure your vehicle issue is taken care of.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks for the note. No biggie yet. After almost 19K miles if this is my biggest issue, I have nothing to complain about.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I'd leave it alone. If the problem you described is only audible under very quiet conditions, I wouldn't do anything until it becomes annoying. Tere have been so many sunroof problems reported here that would cause me to leave well enough alone.
    99flhr likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Thanks for the note. No biggie yet. After almost 19K miles if this is my biggest issue, I have nothing to complain about.
    You're welcome gohawks63. Just want to let you know I am here if there is anything you would like to further discuss.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I thought I would follow-up on this. The noise actually began to get louder so I figured I would mention. It when I took it in for my next service (which was today). I just got an update and they are going to actually replace the whole sunshade so they are going to keep the car an extra day. We'll see if they put everything back together again.

On a side note I got a 2.0T ATS turbo as a loaner. Not sure what trim level it is, but it's definitely not the premium (has CUE, but no NAV and no auto dimming mirror). Much firmer suspension than even the FE2 setup in the coupe. Acceleration... I still stand behind a statement I made a while ago after test driving. From a "seat of the pants" perspective it didn't feel quicker than my coupe. Now I know that road tests and reviews have put the ATS around 6.0 seconds or maybe a little quicker, but it just didn't feel like it to me.

Back to the suspension, it is firmer, but not harsher. I was driving in Sport mode and the car felt very planted with no discernible body roll. I liked it.

Interior fit and finish - again, it didn't feel like there was a large leap in the interior materials and fit/finish compared to my Coupe. Maybe there is a noticeable different between the base model CTS, but I didn't see it compared to the premium trim level of my car. Color may play a factor into his as well as I have noticed that he lighter colors in the base model tend to look cheaper. I have ebony in my CTS and the interior in the loaner was the same.

Seats - I like the seats in the ATS better. No complaints with my car, but the ones in the ATS felt more comfortable and supportive.

The ATS is obviously a smaller car and felt like it, even when compared with the coupe, but it did feel very nimble. The exterior is still a bit bland for my tastes, but that's just personal preference. Overall nice car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.