New member looking at 2009 CTS DI - help?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LightningFast67
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New member looking at 2009 CTS DI - help? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi all, I'm currently eyeing a 2009 Cadillac CTS DI w/ the premium luxury package (and the luxury level 2). ...
    LightningFast67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New member looking at 2009 CTS DI - help?

Hi all,

I'm currently eyeing a 2009 Cadillac CTS DI w/ the premium luxury package (and the luxury level 2). It's black on black with sapele trim. 53,500 miles and its a one owner corporate vehicle. I'm trying to trade in my 2012 Ford Edge Sport but they will only offer $27k when I've been offered $28k by other dealers. They say they can't budge on their $22900 asking price, but I'm trying to wiggle them down to $22k with a trade-in value at $28k. Is this unreasonable? Or should I keep pressing? I can always walk away but I really like that vehicle. Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Oz Sr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe -AWD

Re: New member looking at 2009 CTS DI - help?

So you're trading backwards & requiring $5,000 from them to close the deal???

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I'd walk and wait for them to call you. If you appear to anxious they will never budge. As soon as if you lost interest, they will want to deal. Otherwise there are a lot of cars available at a price you are willing to pay. Remember the amount for the trade is irrelevant when it's the bottom line you are looking for. I always tell them not to insult me over the value of my trade, just make the cost where I won't it to be. I also negotiate for an out the door price so they don't start adding fees to increase their profit margin.

LightningFast67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, trading backwards in order to reduce the length of my loan (3 years vs 5 that were left on the edge). They ended up agreeing to my request. Heading up there now to take a look at it. The NADA and KBB were well above what I was asking, but I don't know how accurate those numbers were to real world asking prices.
    Oz Sr likes this.

vicious.ventu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I was a Chrysler Sales Associate for a few years, and from my experience It sounds like you hit a wall in negotiations. Every deal is gonna have different variables to take into consideration. But if your really set on this perticular CTS, and your set on getting 28K for your trade in and the CTS for 22k, I would suggest just walking away for a week or two, but keep in mind the numbers may not get to much better.
    2k is a big gap to close especially if the dealer is already being firm. If that CTS is your perfect fit your best bet would be to try and split the 2k difference with them. Maybe settle for 27,500 on your trade, and 22,500 on the CTS

----------

I would also suggest going in early before 10:00am on a Monday morning if possible. Not by appointment, its best to catch them of gaurd, and if possible try to deal with a new Manager, other than the one who initially worked the deal. If your sales associate doesnt happen to be there, be sure to mention his name so he atleast splits the deal.. but only if you were happy with their performance

fps_dean is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Quote Originally Posted by LightningFast67 View Post
    Yes, trading backwards in order to reduce the length of my loan (3 years vs 5 that were left on the edge). They ended up agreeing to my request. Heading up there now to take a look at it. The NADA and KBB were well above what I was asking, but I don't know how accurate those numbers were to real world asking prices.
    Congrats -- I hope it works out for you. I'm also looking at a '09 DI

pgdrews is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningFast67
    Hi all,

I'm currently eyeing a 2009 Cadillac CTS DI w/ the premium luxury package (and the luxury level 2). It's black on black with sapele trim. 53,500 miles and its a one owner corporate vehicle. I'm trying to trade in my 2012 Ford Edge Sport but they will only offer $27k when I've been offered $28k by other dealers. They say they can't budge on their $22900 asking price, but I'm trying to wiggle them down to $22k with a trade-in value at $28k. Is this unreasonable? Or should I keep pressing? I can always walk away but I really like that vehicle. Thanks for your help.
    I have a 2009 DI Premium Luxury Performance package - white diamond, in showroom condition - not an option is missing. Love it. I have 67k on it. For mine, I would pay $23k+ if I was in the market again. I would take the deal as it is, if super clean.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Not sure of how your state treats sales tax, but in Florida the trade in value is subtracted from the vehicle price and you pay sales tax on the difference. Therefore, at least in Florida, get the highest value for your trade-in. You may "pay more" for the new vehicle, but it is only a paper deal - it's all about the bottom line, and yours will be better (might be better) with the higher trade in value.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.