New Cadillac Logo?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New Cadillac Logo? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#axzz2ZtRPhBG6 Jens Meiners Mike Colias Automotive News July 23, 2013 - 11:32 am ET Picture of Cadillac logos in link ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

New Cadillac Logo?

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#axzz2ZtRPhBG6

Jens Meiners
    Mike Colias
    Automotive News
    July 23, 2013 - 11:32 am ET

Picture of Cadillac logos in link above^^^^

Cadillac is working on the first major change to its logo in more than a decade, pruning away the classic laurel wreaths that surround its crest, several sources told Automotive News.

The modified emblem is likely to appear on a concept vehicle that Cadillac plans to show next month at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California. The redesigned badge would appear on production cars no earlier than the 2015 model year, and the plans could change, the sources said.

A Cadillac spokesman confirmed the plans to show a concept at Pebble Beach next month but declined to comment on a badge redesign.

'Outdated and obsolete'

The plan to discard the wreaths was prompted in part by feedback from potential customers, the sources said. "Every time it was tested, the reaction was almost universally negative," a Cadillac insider told Automotive News, adding: "The wreath is seen as outdated and obsolete."

That's an image that Cadillac has been working hard to shed with successive generations of products aimed at younger buyers.

Cadillac's emblem has morphed nearly 40 times in the brand's 111-year history, and the wreath has come and gone over the years. The emblem was last re-engineered in 1999 to project a more streamlined, contemporary look and signal a departure from its legacy of producing old-fashioned, luxurious land yachts. An assortment of birds, a vestige of the original company logo, was stripped from the main crest, but the surrounding wreaths survived in a modified form.

That change coincided with the launch of a new brand signature that Cadillac called Art and Science, which was reflected in angular and aggressively styled concept cars such as the Cien and the Evoq. The look quickly trickled down to production cars, beginning with the first-generation CTS sedan and XLR coupe.

European approach

More recently, Cadillac has embraced a European approach to engineering and performance, a high-tech image that's at odds with the old-fashioned wreath. The Art and Science design language also is evolving, from sharp edges to sleeker, more-sculpted styling elements.

A single-piece logo would give designers more flexibility to play with the "face" of future Cadillacs. The new logo could be positioned in the center of the grille, as it is now, or above the hood.

But it would have implications for dealers and the sales organization as well, requiring new signage and stationery, for example.

The original Cadillac crest was inspired by the historic family coat of arms of Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac, the founder of Detroit and namesake of the brand.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: New Cadillac Logo?

Yep good riddance the way they had to chop the back of the new CTS to fit it just shows it doesnt match their new designs

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Yep good riddance the way they had to chop the back of the new CTS to fit it just shows it doesnt match their new designs
    Only time will tell.........

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    Just wonder what your b.f. does not know
    Huh?

Huh?
    Weird. I replied to your post where you stated that your b.f. told you so. Not sure what has happened…..gremlins must be editing this board. Now this post looks completely out of context.
    It is also interesting that you quoted a post that does not exist!

Thanks for clarifying both of your comments. I couldn't follow what was going on here. Which, of course, is nothing new for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    Weird. I replied to your post where you stated that your b.f. told you so. Not sure what has happened…..gremlins must be editing this board. Now this post looks completely out of context.
    It is also interesting that you quoted a post that does not exist!
    I edited my reply when I saw it mentioned pebble beach before you were able to post your qoute.
    Except what I quoted from you was there for the last 30 minutes and switched to edited to not edited lol

I edited my reply when I saw it mentioned pebble beach before you were able to post your qoute.
    Except what I quoted from you was there for the last 30 minutes and switched to edited to not edited lol
    As I said gremlins

I think y'all have something going on on the side. This is your way of communicating in different tongues so no one else will figure you out!
    MoFex likes this.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Bring back the ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    I think y'all have something going on on the side. This is your way of communicating in different tongues so no one else will figure you out!
    She seems to be like my daughter I always wanted to have......maybe that's why we have a "common language"

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFex

She seems to be like my daughter I always wanted to have......maybe that's why we have a "common language"
    Well....... Whenever ctschick posts I get a vision of Kate Walsh that did the cadillac CTS commercials. "When you turn your car on does it return the favor?" He he.

Quote Originally Posted by Citabria

Well....... Whenever ctschick posts I get a vision of Kate Walsh that did the cadillac CTS commercials. "When you turn your car on does it return the favor?" He he.
    Hey, it does not have to be Kate

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Damn I think the current caddillac logo is classy as hell. Along with the 1940's was one of fav's too.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFex

Hey, it does not have to be Kate
    Sounds just like a protective father!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.