Is this a good price? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Is this a good price? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by fps_dean I was thinking of throwing out 24k as a take it or leave it. Or I ...
    Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Re: Is this a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by fps_dean View Post
    I was thinking of throwing out 24k as a take it or leave it. Or I could throw out 23k and see if they counter at 24k. I think if they go for it that's not too terrible, and I should be able to get my loan in my target range. It is certified and the in service date on this car was sometime in July 09, giving me two full years of warranty.

Subaru's are popular out here, unfortunately I don't even fit in them comfortably (some of them I don't fit, and the seats are too short on the ones that I do). They also want similar money for a used one as this CTS, or a Maxima (the other sedan that I found that may work for me). If they don't take it, one of the '08s at Long at asking price look fair. That's also assuming I don't get a joke offer for my trade, but I doubt I will. And if that doesn't work out, there are plenty of Maximas I can put narrower tires on...

The entire reason I'm car shopping now is because I bought a house on a hill, and what's scarier than the hill itself is backing out the driveway up the hill and sliding into a tree which I almost did last winter when I drove by to look at the house on maybe 1mm of snow with snows on -- RWD is sadly not going to work.
    Did you check their website closely, the CarFax report, and/or the Cadillac CPO database? That car isn't popping up as certified by Cadillac. CarFax shows the original warranty expired, or expires today (48mo/50k). The only way I could get that car on Edmunds to over 25k was click a few more options I'm not sure are on there AND call it outstanding condition. Unless it has been kept in Jay Leno's garage, it ain't so on a car that old. If you're willing to drive up to a few hours, there are better deals out there. As suggested, check Auto Trader and cars.com. I did it that way and saved thousands, driving off the lot with the exact car I had been looking for, for a long time, and closer to home.

fps_dean is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    Did you check their website closely, the CarFax report, and/or the Cadillac CPO database? That car isn't popping up as certified by Cadillac. CarFax shows the original warranty expired, or expires today (48mo/50k). The only way I could get that car on Edmunds to over 25k was click a few more options I'm not sure are on there AND call it outstanding condition. Unless it has been kept in Jay Leno's garage, it ain't so on a car that old. If you're willing to drive up to a few hours, there are better deals out there. Ass suggested, check Auto Trader and cars.com. I did it that way and saved thousands, driving off the lot with the exact car I had been looking for, for a long time, and closer to home.

I found the car on autotrader actually, and you're right it's not CPO. For some reason, I thought it was certified which is part of the reason I was interested in this car in the first place. It's not. The '08s at Long suddenly look much more appealing as far as the price tag except that my interest rate will jump 3% going from a '09 to an '08, so my payment will remain about the same.

I am glad you pointed that out because I might not have figured that out.

The car is 100 miles from me. If they take a lower offer, it might just be the best '09 I'm going to find. If I am willing to drive another 100 miles to PA I can get something certified and comparable for less, but that's over 200 miles.

Oh is it worth it.... tough call
    MKWAGON likes this.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Should I offer less?
    You should always offer less. What is the guy going to do, kick your ass?

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

You are going to like a CTS over a Subaru guaranteed! Not that there is anything wrong with a Subaru but they don't have much if any style. It can't hurt to lowball them, the most they can say is no. When I made the offer at Olsen it came down to the manager of the dealership talking (trying to intimidate) me so I stuck out my American Express card in my left hand and held out my right hand to shake on it while I offered him $3,900 less than what the sticker was. He almost went for it, had him at 27K. If I could have gotten him to 26K it would have been a done deal. The chase is on!

My head hits the roof of the new 300 (I think the new seats don't go as low as the older ones) and my right leg sits on the console of a Taurus, so finding a car I fit in has been hugely problematic for me. There's a MKS at a local dealer which has a narrower console than a Taurus so that might workout, but the dealer screwed my mom pretty bad, and tried to screw her over a whole lot more -- fortunately she was smart enough to walk on that one. I know I fit in the '08-'13 era CTS just fine and recall having quite a surprising amount of room. Plus it's one of my favorite looking cars out there.

I've generally been decent at negotiating prices, but only once I know what's a fair but low offer. Considering I made the mistake of thinking its certified and I know better now, I'll be much quicker to walk if I can't get the price I want.

LastTripToTulsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD 3.6 DI

Is this a good price for the vehicle? Should I offer less?

http://www.olsencadillac.com/Vehicle...-MA/2034343813
    For comparison sake, I just purchased bought an '09 similar to that one a couple months. Mine has about 20k more miles, but it also has the Navigation, cooled seats, nicer rims and pretty much every other option that one is missing. I payed just over 21k for mine after TTL. Bought it from a dealership in the burbs of Chicago.

I found this. It's a hellish drive but if I could talk them down a little...

http://www.holmancadillac.com/Vehicl...-NJ/2016377763

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

There's an 08 AWD with a year left CPO for 23k 30 miles from the other place you first looked with 42k miles on it. If you can swing a grand more than you were first looking at, for 26.7k (or less, that's the asking price), there's a 3.0 2011 AWD with only 20k mi CPO about 90 miles away. That 09 with no warranty and nearly 35k miles for over 25 grand doesn't sound so good anymore huh? The deal you posted at first glance looks OK too. So what if you have to drive a bit? Think about how much fun the drive home will be.

I'm really looking for a DI engine and a sunroof. Wood trim preferably too.

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Twentybucks,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It seems like you knew how to work with negotiating for a great deal. I hope you are enjoying your CTS so far!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Laura, I have owned many GM products over the years, this is my first Cadillac and I really like this car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Twentybucks View Post
    Thanks Laura, I have owned many GM products over the years, this is my first Cadillac and I really like this car.
    Hi Twentybucks,

You are welcome! Thanks for being a loyal GM customer and welcome to the Cadillac family! I am happy to hear you really like your car.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Well that car was trashed. They said that it was fine and then had some scratches on it that must have happened while on the lot, but there was a ton of paint missing on both sides and the front, inside the doors even. The entire car really needs to be scraped and painted. Then someone got some paint all over the interior components of the car -- with that much paint missing, what the hell is really going on?

I would have offered $15k for it. The fact is my STS with 100k on it is in MUCH better shape.

That said, I definitely know what I'm looking for now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.