engine light coming on intermittently
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, engine light coming on intermittently in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2009 CTS direct injection. In the last 6 months the engine warning lamp has come and both ...
    Brian10956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

engine light coming on intermittently

I have a 2009 CTS direct injection. In the last 6 months the engine warning lamp has come and both times when the mechanics took care of it it was a new coil.(different ones) The light is coming on again but it goes off before I can get it to the shop. While it is on I noticed some hesitation in accelerating and I have also noticed that the remote start won't operate. Well again the light came on and I did not get to the shop before it went off. The remote start works again that the engine light is off.
    Does anybody have any ideas on what is the problem. I want to have it fixed before it ruins a trip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: engine light coming on intermittently

Even though the light it isn't on the previous code or codes for what ever the problem was that set the light off with be in the DTC History and depending on the code it will remain there for 10,20,40, 100 drive cycles.
    So if you take it in they will be able to view the history.
    The remote start isn't working when that happens is because of the problem that sets off the light to protect the engine.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian10956 View Post
    I have a 2009 CTS direct injection. In the last 6 months the engine warning lamp has come and both times when the mechanics took care of it it was a new coil.(different ones) The light is coming on again but it goes off before I can get it to the shop. While it is on I noticed some hesitation in accelerating and I have also noticed that the remote start won't operate. Well again the light came on and I did not get to the shop before it went off. The remote start works again that the engine light is off.
    Does anybody have any ideas on what is the problem. I want to have it fixed before it ruins a trip.
    Hello Brian10956,

I apologize that you are experiencing an intermittent check engine light on your CTS. Could you provide me with the name of the dealership, your name, contact info, VIN, and mileage so I can call and discuss this concern with them? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

snerz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Had a hesitation and flashing check engine light on my 2009 CTS 3.6 DI, 54,000 miles. Put in fresh plugs and bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner and problem solved.

Brian10956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The dealer replaced the timing chain and also cleaned the fuel injectors. A week later it came on again and the catalic converter needed replacement

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.