Running Lights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Running Lights in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; One of my running light's has gone out. I have discovered in order to replace it I will have to ...
    Brian10956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Running Lights

One of my running light's has gone out. I have discovered in order to replace it I will have to remove the front bumper. Since I don't want to do it too often I am also going to replace the other diving light.
    My car is a 2009 CTS with around 40,000 miles.
    My question is are there any other bulbs that I should replace since I'll be in an easier position to do so with the bumper off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I would just replace them all while they were accessible. Other than HIDs, bulbs are cheap.

Brian10956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Running Lights

I think the headlights are hid I'm need to check if any other bulbs are also.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Is that the same as DRL's? If so replace with led's. I got mine on ebay for about $50 and is very bright.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian10956
    I think the headlights are hid I'm need to check if any other bulbs are also.
    None of the other bulbs are HID.

t5mika is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Mine also went out, but it was not the bulb, it was oxidized bulb connector inside the housing.
    Don't worry about the bumper removal. It takes 15 minutes. You don't even need to take it off completely, just the top side and the fender well mounts to get access to the headlight bolts.

Another thing is that none of the other "bulbs" don't seem to be replaceable (parking and blinker LEDs), without splitting the housing in half, which again is not exactly easy.

PJL
    PJL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

I found the process to replace the DLR for a 2008 CTS sedan (with Xenon headlight) somewhere on this forum, and started doing it. As far as I could tell when I started to perform the bumper removal, it got pretty involved and required removing trim parts that seemed to be to be easily broken == and likely expensive to replace if broken. So I stopped, put it all back together, and went to my dealer. I'm pretty handy with these types of things, but this didn't seem like a low-risk process when I actually got into it.

Jschmank is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Silver CTS AWD

I found a youtube video for the bumper removal process. It is actually very simple, and the bumper only needs to be pulled back a few inches to access the headlamp, which you have to remove to change the bulb. It took me about 30 minutes total. You remove the plastic trim on top of the radiator and about three bolts per side to get to the headlamp. Its a $400 bill to have it done at the dealer. Do a search in youtube and you'll get a pretty good idea for the process.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.