Need help! Maybe future CTS owner.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tbbt
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Need help! Maybe future CTS owner. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, I've been looking at a 2008 Cadillac CTS for $13,900 below to mid average price for the mileage ,and ...
    Bkeibs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Need help! Maybe future CTS owner.

Hello,

I've been looking at a 2008 Cadillac CTS for $13,900 below to mid average price for the mileage ,and year where I live. But hears the catch the CTS has 98,000 miles on it. I was wondering about how good these cars are? Would a new transmission be involved? The interior/exterior is absolutely flawless! Very clean and looks well kept! Plus the dealership is not one of those sketchy ones but a well known/liked place. The tires look brand new too. If anyone can help me out/give me info on a some what high mileage CTS experience they had that would be amazing! Or just anything in general! I will PM you if you want the CarFax.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: Need help! Maybe future CTS owner.

How much do you plan on driving it?

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

On the surface it sounds good. Will you be allowed to take it to your mechanic for an inspection? Is there any type of warranty whatsoever? Three days to bring it back with no questions asked?

Pretty much everyday, but only a around the town car. No long road trips or anything, like only 15-30 min drives usually.

----------

Im not sure about mechanic but it wouldn't hurt to ask. They offer warranty but I have to call and ask about. I will defiantly be doing a tough test drive myself and using every minutes to find any weird sounds or kinks that worry me.

Tbbt is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Wow, that's the type of mileage I trade my cars in! Sometimes, there is nothing wrong with them, but other times there are subtle things I have noticed based on my experience with the cars.

As tinman says, get it inspected before you buy and ask about warranty coverage and cost. Do you have good karma?

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

I had an '08. Never again will I get the first year of GM / Cadillac production.

Thank you for the replies! I think I might just go with my replacement idea and get the Kia Optima or Volkswagen CC instead. I rather not worry about when my car will give up. Thank you all so much!

Tbbt is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Bkeibs View Post
    Thank you for the replies! I think I might just go with my replacement idea and get the Kia Optima or Volkswagen CC instead. I rather not worry about when my car will give up. Thank you all so much!
    It's NOT about the make of the car, it's about the mileage! Compare the cars apple to apple and mileage.
    C "T" ess and 99flhr like this.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bkeibs View Post
    Thank you for the replies! I think I might just go with my replacement idea and get the Volkswagen CC instead. I rather not worry about when my car will give up. Thank you all so much!
    A used German car is a lot of things, inexpensive to maintain is not one of them. JMO

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

A car that might float your boat is the Hyundai Genesis sedan. Very nice auto for the money, and you can get some deals on used ones. They're pretty reliable and service on one will cost much less than a VW. Its character is surprisingly similar to the CTS - try driving one.

Esso the Clown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts 2008, Cts 2003

its a great car man!

Sal33n is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4

I bought my 2009 with 94k miles on it back in Feb. It drives like a brand new car. I frickin luv it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.