Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My wife's keyless entry fob doesn't work. Mine does. Could it be the little battery needs replacing? I need to ...
    DaveL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon/AWD/3.6

Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010

My wife's keyless entry fob doesn't work. Mine does.

Could it be the little battery needs replacing?
    I need to get her fob working.

Went to the dealer this morning. " Too busy, make an appointment." (too busy to change a battery in a fob? We had driven an hour hoping it would be easy.

Yesterday I took another car, and blocked her vehicle with my CTS and forgot her key didn't work. She couldn't use her car.

Cars! So complicated. Great when they work..

----------

ps. We bought our new-to-us CTS wagon from an out of town Cadillac dealer. We love it! However, while they provided an Owner's Manual, it is for a 2011. Not a2010 manual. Is there a difference?

They never provided a manual for the audio/gps system. I have faltered using it. The satellite radio package, and traffic reporting were never set up as a trial, as they should have been. We never received the dealer survey, though we would have happily provided constructive comments. We have bought lots of import cars. Driving? Love the CTS. Purchasing from this dealer? Well...

So glad we have this wonderful wagon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Cadillac owner manuals are posted on Cadillsc.com

So you drove 1hr to see a dealer to change your battery? It takes 30 seconds to change it.
    DaveL likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    My wife's keyless entry fob doesn't work. Mine does.

Could it be the little battery needs replacing?
    I need to get her fob working.

Went to the dealer this morning. " Too busy, make an appointment." (too busy to change a battery in a fob? We had driven an hour hoping it would be easy.

Yesterday I took another car, and blocked her vehicle with my CTS and forgot her key didn't work. She couldn't use her car.

Cars! So complicated. Great when they work..

----------

ps. We bought our new-to-us CTS wagon from an out of town Cadillac dealer. We love it! However, while they provided an Owner's Manual, it is for a 2011. Not a2010 manual. Is there a difference?

They never provided a manual for the audio/gps system. I have faltered using it. The satellite radio package, and traffic reporting were never set up as a trial, as they should have been. We never received the dealer survey, though we would have happily provided constructive comments. We have bought lots of import cars. Driving? Love the CTS. Purchasing from this dealer? Well...

So glad we have this wonderful wagon!
    Hello DaveL,

I am happy to hear you are quite satisfied with your new-to-you CTS! I apologize that you have had some issues, like the key fob not working and the trial version of satellite radio not being set up. Have you reached out to out Canadian Customer Care team? Their number is 800-263-3777 if you would like to contact them regarding these concerns. Please keep us updated on the situation if you do! Thank you very much for your time. I hope you enjoy your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    Cadillac owner manuals are posted on Cadillsc.com

So you drove 1hr to see a dealer to change your battery? It takes 30 seconds to change it.
    I broke a keyless remote for another car... a tab broke that held it together. My wife's idea, to take it to the dealer.
    I was tempted to buy a battery still...but concerned I don't have the right manual.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello DaveL,

I am happy to hear you are quite satisfied with your new-to-you CTS! I apologize that you have had some issues, like the key fob not working and the trial version of satellite radio not being set up. Have you reached out to out Canadian Customer Care team? Their number is 800-263-3777 if you would like to contact them regarding these concerns. Please keep us updated on the situation if you do! Thank you very much for your time. I hope you enjoy your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Truly appreciate your response Gregory!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Truly appreciate your response Gregory!
    Hello DaveL,

You are very welcome! We will look for your future updates!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory, I am simply thrilled with our wagon. This is a hiccup along the way!

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Take the remote to Radio Shack; if you are not comfortable changing it yourself. They will change it for you.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Here is a long but very indepth video of how to do it. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...b-battery.html

Once you do it the first time it is literally 30 seconds to do every time after that. And terrible that the dealership made you come back.
    DaveL and Tbbt like this.

The video really helps.
    Thank you!

----------

Follow up...the dealer determined that the remote doesn't work. They looked, for a long time, but have ordered one through parts. Good news...we will have 2 remotes.

Thank heaven for OnStar. They locked both remotes in the car.

Sine we bought the car used, we only have 2 remotes. No other keys? And the dealer we bought from, the Cadillac dealer in Orangeville only provided one that works...wonderful.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Your dealer did an inexcusable thing...make an appointment. Bad. And the dealer you bought it from should give you a manual that matches your M.Y. (model year).

If you can PM me your email address I will send you the electronic 2010 manual. I have the original in my car and an electronic one in my computer. I will gladly send it to you.
    DaveL likes this.

Thanks Tinman. pm sent.
    Got a kick out of them locking both remotes in the car.

We just got 2 remotes. Should there be keys too?

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

How is that possible? I'm pretty sure the car won't lock unless in motion if the key is still inside the car. Also do you have the passive keyless system? (No key required to start). I'm assuming you do. If you do then the key is inside the FOB.

The mechanic took the car, and both keyless entry fobs He apparently left both fobs inside the car on the seat. Closed the door and walked away. Car locked itself.

My wife was inside the dealership, waiting in the lounge. They asked if she had another key...and didn't They used OnStar to unlock the car. Thank heaven we have OnStar!

We were there because one fob doesn't work.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

The mechanic took the car, and both keyless entry fobs He apparently left both fobs inside the car on the seat. Closed the door and walked away. Car locked itself.
    Hmm ... sounds like a design flaw.

The Kia lease that I recently returned had a smart key also; that vehicle would not lock if the key was inside. If the CTS is not so designed, they need to change the design.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Hmm ... sounds like a design flaw.

The Kia lease that I recently returned had a smart key also; that vehicle would not lock if the key was inside. If the CTS is not so designed, they need to change the design.
    My Dad's Lexus won't lock with the key inside. Last night was proof!

----------

Thanks Tinman. pm sent.
    Got a kick out of them locking both remotes in the car.

We just got 2 remotes. Should there be keys too?
    David, send me a PM with your personal email so I can send you the file. I can't do it through the PM system here (which I hate because it is so cumbersome).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.