Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc Hello DaveL, I am happy to hear you are quite satisfied with your new-to-you ...
    DaveL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon/AWD/3.6

Re: Keyless entry...1 fob doesn't work on CTS Wagon 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello DaveL,

I am happy to hear you are quite satisfied with your new-to-you CTS! I apologize that you have had some issues, like the key fob not working and the trial version of satellite radio not being set up. Have you reached out to out Canadian Customer Care team? Their number is 800-263-3777 if you would like to contact them regarding these concerns. Please keep us updated on the situation if you do! Thank you very much for your time. I hope you enjoy your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory, I called... minutes and minutes of voice mail h_ll followed by a request to key in my home phone number for a machine...no I haven't talked to a human there.

I am truly impressed with your response here, and other reps. I guess the Canadian market is different.

This is an incredible forum, with great participants. So glad to be here!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    My Dad's Lexus won't lock with the key inside. Last night was proof!

----------

David, send me a PM with your personal email so I can send you the file. I can't do it through the PM system here (which I hate because it is so cumbersome).
    Gladly! I shall send a pm.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Gregory, I called... minutes and minutes of voice mail h_ll followed by a request to key in my home phone number for a machine...no I haven't talked to a human there.

I am truly impressed with your response here, and other reps. I guess the Canadian market is different.

This is an incredible forum, with great participants. So glad to be here!

----------

Gladly! I shall send a pm.
    Hi DaveL,

I am sorry you are unable to reach anyone with the Canadian Customer Care phone number! I am glad you think this is a great forum and are happy to be part of the community. I see another member and you were going to interact through a messaging system. I am posting a site to the Canada contact page http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview maybe you could give another form of contacting them a try.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi DaveL,

I am sorry you are unable to reach anyone with the Canadian Customer Care phone number! I am glad you think this is a great forum and are happy to be part of the community. I see another member and you were going to interact through a messaging system. I am posting a site to the Canada contact page http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview maybe you could give another form of contacting them a try.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you Laura! That is very helpful.
    I have sent a message asking for help.

I am very impressed that Cadillac owners receive such help in the US. We have had many import cars...Porsche, Audi, BMW and happily this is our second Cadillac. We made a good choice!

Thank you Laura! That is very helpful.
    I have sent a message asking for help.

I am very impressed that Cadillac owners receive such help in the US. We have had many import cars...Porsche, Audi, BMW and happily this is our second Cadillac. We made a good choice!
    Hi DaveL,

You are welcome! We are here to assist. I hope you are able to get a hold of the right person in Canada who can further assist you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    DaveL likes this.

I hope that GM Canada aspires to the same level as you.
    Automated response says I shall be contacted in 24 hours. It's a digital world...

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

DaveL,

My CTS sounds the horn 3 times if a key is left in the car and the other one is out of the car. So...when traveling with my wife, she MUST take her purse with her (out of the car, but easier than trying to find it in her suitcase...errr purse).

Marv

My horn honks too.
    Wonderful dealership.
    My wife was offered and enjoyed a lovely breakfast.
    The mechanic took the car, 1 working key fob, and one key fob that didn't work. Later they asked her for help, took her to the car, and it was locked. Both key fobs were inside the car. We have no other keys.
    The service rep called OnStar from the dealership. OnStar opened the car.
    Delighted with OnStar! Glad we have it.
    she left the dealership and they are ordering a replacement fob. That was visit two...

I had an '06 Vette coupe with keyless entry. I love this feature!

Really enjoy my cts but I am concerned the Cadillac dealer that sold it to us didn't provide more working keys. One worked well; at the cost of these, perhaps I should be grateful I got 2 fobs.

Here's the GMCanada response...

"
    Thank you for your e-mail.

Owners manuals are available on-line at GM.CA, you can go and download it or just read it on line. *Please be advised that owner and service manuals are available for purchase through our distributor, Helm Incorporated. *Please contact Helm directly, toll-free, at 1-800-782-4356, for further assistance and information.
    Or you can also ask your near seling dealership for a 2010 manual, if they have them, I am sure they won't hesitate to provide you with one as well as the GPS one.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. *Please visit our website again!

Maritza L.
    Customer Care Ambassador
    www.gm.ca

To contact me directly:
    1-800-263-3777
    Press Option 4
    Extension 2547

If you wish to reply to this email, please click here: https://contactus.gm.ca/req_reply.as...68296&lang=ENU"

Very quick.

----------

We are delighted with our cts.
    Since we got it we have bought 4 snowtires at the great Cadillac dealership nearby, had the oil changed twice there, and last visit had both differentials drained, flushed and refilled (approx $700 IIRC)

Oh, forgot...changed all 3 wipers, though the selling Cadillac dealer said they were changed before the sale.

We have had the car about 4 months.

I asked 3 questions that weren't answered or referred to.
    1. Should the dealer have provided the proper year of manual, because we don't know what changed between years (car is a 2010; manual is a 2011)
    2. Should the dealer have provided a gps/radio manual? Not knowing how to operate gps/traffic/routing affects vehicle safety
    3. How can we get the dealer survey provided to new owners for feedback ... we never had the chance to provide feedback.

Frankly the response seemed half- hearted and was less helpful than aid from members here. I am disappointed in the Canadian GM response.

We are currently looking for a replacement for our Porsche truck. While owning our cts has been great, buying it from the Cadillac dealer in Orangeville was challenging, time consuming and I have regrets and I am trying to learn from the experience.

I asked 3 questions that weren't answered or referred to.
    1. Should the dealer have provided the proper year of manual, because we don't know what changed between years (car is a 2010; manual is a 2011)
    2. Should the dealer have provided a gps/radio manual? Not knowing how to operate gps/traffic/routing affects vehicle safety
    3. How can we get the dealer survey provided to new owners for feedback ... we never had the chance to provide feedback.

Frankly the response seemed half- hearted and was less helpful than aid from members here. I am disappointed in the Canadian GM response.

We are currently looking for a replacement for our Porsche truck. While owning our cts has been great, buying it from the Cadillac dealer in Orangeville was challenging, time consuming and I have regrets and I am trying to learn from the experience.
    Hello DaveL,

I apologize that you are disappointed in the Canadian team’s response to your concern. I am also sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience from the dealership in Orangeville, but it seems as though you have been able to find another dealership that has been good to work with. I see they are currently assisting you with your key fob concern. I do see that the Canadian agent also gave you her phone number and extension. Have you thought about reaching out to her and letting her know that you were not satisfied with the response you received? I think that not only will you be able to receive an answer that will satisfy you more, but it will also provide feedback to their team. Thanks for continuing to keep us updated! Laura and I will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    DaveL likes this.

Gregory ,perhaps Cadillac ownership is different here.

I have time to support good performance and service. I don't have time to try and change behavior of a person who apparently doesn't care. No links? it's on the GM Canada corporate website. I am sure that's easy to find. <<sarcasm>>

Quality in a company shows in how problems are solved.

I appreciate the quality you bring. Thank you.

Great car! I shall resolve the manual issue. And while looking for future vehicles, I shall remember the performance of the Orangeville Cadillac dealer, and having to resolve the manual issue myself.

Having the proper manuals is a safety issue. It affects safe operation of my vehicle.

Thanks for your comments.
    The members here have been very patient with me. Thank you.

Guess it's time to hound the dealer. No news. They had ordered a new fob. No word and it has been a while.
    we only have one working fob/ key for the car.

Questions?
    Quick comments from service advisor that it is fob software. Was there a technical service bulletin?
    Do I need to get a Service manual?

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Yesterday, I went to the local Caddy dealer because, after viewing the YouTube videos and reading all the graphic presentations of how to do it, I was not comfortable changing the batteries in my two remotes.

The Cadillac service department required 25 minutes to replace the batteries in the two remotes. It would have taken me two hours (I watched the process) and I would likely have killed the dog in the process - due to frustration. The problem was in getting the printed circuit board to align properly before closing the fob back up.

Batteries cost me like ten bucks, whereas I could have gotten 'em for about five bucks from regular retail. The added five bucks to watch someone else get frustrated with the process was worth it.

By the way, the "little slot" that the manual says you're supposed to slip your screwdriver into to start the process of opening the fob? My fobs don't have the slot. Not sure whether that's a peculiarity of the '09 model, but this kind of thing doesn't engender confidence in the brand.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

The slot is there. It is especially hard to see for aesthetic reasons. It appears as if it is a very small gap in the case seam. In the future, Radio Shack will replace them for the cost of the battery.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    The slot is there. It is especially hard to see for aesthetic reasons. It appears as if it is a very small gap in the case seam. In the future, Radio Shack will replace them for the cost of the battery.
    Yeah, but if Radio Shack destroys the fob, I'm on my own - and I don't think that will be the case at the Cadillac dealership ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.