New CTS owner and only one complaint so far.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New CTS owner and only one complaint so far..... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just bought a pristine 2010 CTS 3.0....It handles and drives beautiful, a large improvement over my old Chrysler 300. I ...
    steelpony5555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS Vanilla Latte

New CTS owner and only one complaint so far.....

Just bought a pristine 2010 CTS 3.0....It handles and drives beautiful, a large improvement over my old Chrysler 300. I don't even think the seats are that uncomfortable.... My only complaint is where do I put my stuff??? I mean the center console is a joke, the glove box is tiny, the door slots are only big enough to hold a knife and not much else and the pouches on the seat backs are small too. For a full size car there are no cubby holes or shelfs. Where do you put your cell phone or change or keys etc. I know there is not much I can do about it, just wanted to rant. But yeah do love the car so far .....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: New CTS owner and only one complaint so far.....

Cell phone which is connected to radio using CTS 2 pronged cable, sits in center console nicely. No need to access it. For change primarily for toll roads, I use the touch open storage bin where one of the 12v plugs are at the bottom of the center console. Keys usually wind up on front seat or in the pop open cup holder(or in pocket after being out of the car). I do hate the door compartments. What is stored there is usually hard to get out quickly or easily. I use the rear seat divider(in Coupe) for storing my cell phone charger if needed and not connected to radio.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Yeh no problems here either once you get a system down on what and where you put things.

Driver side door pocket Pepper spray and sungglasses case
    Top center console storage, gas receipts, work keys, EZ pass toll transmitter, and my galaxy S4 in an otterbox protection case. One of the biggest phones out there and it fits.
    Lower center console storage, 16 gig thumb drive plugged into the USB for music, my car cell phone charger with cord, 1/8" to 1/8" 3ft long cord as backup to play music in that side trench and my keyfob in the keyfob holder.
    Still have plenty of room.
    Or I alternate my keys and or key fob from the lower center console to the cup holder or center dash storage depending on if I have drinks in the car.

Purse hang bag and day bag on the back passenger floor behind the driver side seat. makes them harder to steal and they dont become flying objects during driving plus they wont slide around and scuff up my seats.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

The slot in rear of center console is to be used to store key fob and if you dont have too much attached to it, it will fit OK in the slot and extra keys or store cards lying on top in console.

Yeah we are getting things managed. Just moving out of the 300 we had a big sack full of stuff we had in the doors, glove box, console etc. Lol Lol yeah, the pepper spray does fit nicely in the door, now just gotta find a place for my things that go boom.... I did like all the open cubby holes in the 300 though since was easy to just toss the phone or what ever into one or on the shelf on the console. But we are downsizing and have stuff pretty much put in place.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

my CTS coupe has a change holder in the lower console.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Am I satisfied with the space? Yes. Could it use a couple more cubbies and/or cup holders? Yes as well.

Can't complain about the cup holders since I don't need to be buying those 44 oz drinks anymore....lol lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.