Have a question...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Have a question... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi everyone, I'm new owner of a 2012 CTS Coupe Premium and I have a newb question. I try to ...
    rubenmer1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium (RWD), 1999 Seville STS

Have a question...

Hi everyone,

I'm new owner of a 2012 CTS Coupe Premium and I have a newb question. I try to search for the answer and no luck maybe because the question is stupid. So here is my question, My car came with wheels 18x8.5(tire 235/50R-18) front and 18x9(tire 265/45R-18) on the rear, can I upgrade the wheels of my car for the Summer Tire Performance Package (19x8.5 tire 245/45R19 front and 19x9.5 tire 275/40R19 rears)? My concern is if the car would look modify or will look as original from factory. Sorry if the question is being answer before.

Thank you
    Ruben

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: Have a question...

Not an answer for you but a warning on the use of summer tires - not practical for highway driving, poor tread life and I dont recall anyone who had the summer package liking the 19inch summer tires. But now posting this I expect that those who like the summer package to chime in.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by rubenmer1 View Post
    My concern is if the car would look modify or will look as original from factory.
    Will look as original as every other car equipped with this factory option.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr

Will look as original as every other car equipped with this factory option.
    Is it AWD? I don't believe that the 19" wheels were an option on the AWD models and there may be a reason for that.

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Not an answer for you but a warning on the use of summer tires - not practical for highway driving, poor tread life and I dont recall anyone who had the summer package liking the 19inch summer tires. But now posting this I expect that those who like the summer package to chime in.
    I do have the 19" wheels w/summer tires, right from the factory on my 2013 CTS V-6 Coupe. No problem with the 19" or tires, but due to a 3" wood screw in one of the rear tires, I had to purchase two tires for the rear axle. Reason was I had 11K on the tires. I now have "All-Season" tires on the onseorear axle. No noticeable difference so far. NOTE: I will never obtain a vehicle that doesn't have a spare. I have the Idiotic pump & sealant package. Enough said!

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    I have the 19" summer tire package on my 2012 coupe. At first when I was looking, I was a little leery on purchasing the package because of past experience with ZR tires and tread life. So far after 17,000 miles the tires are still in good shape. If the option is available on my next caddy I would purchase again.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ctspremium

I do have the 19" wheels w/summer tires, right from the factory on my 2013 CTS V-6 Coupe. No problem with the 19" or tires, but due to a 3" wood screw in one of the rear tires, I had to purchase two tires for the rear axle. Reason was I had 11K on the tires. I now have "All-Season" tires on the onseorear axle. No noticeable difference so far. NOTE: I will never obtain a vehicle that doesn't have a spare. I have the Idiotic pump & sealant package. Enough said!
    Unfortunately, almost all new luxury cars don't have spares.

On the other had you should have no problem switching to the factory 19" wheels and tires. A lot of people on the forum have changed to the 19" V wheels as well and love them. It will look factory as well.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

The 19s certainly will look great just as if you had bought it optioned out that way. You don't state how you will be getting these. Buying a package? Buying Wheels separate from the tires? If the latter, then you don't necessarily have to go with GM decided. You can use other brands that get longer life and fit the 19s. I bought my Continental ExtremeContact DW on Tirerack and have been very happy with them. Plenty of others on there to compare which is what I would suggest.

Stock or what came on mine are ContiSportContact 3.

Thank you guys for all your answers. What I gather is, the wheels will look as a Factory option and that the Summer Tires that comes with it suck. The reason I ask is because on eBay there is a guy who's selling the wheels, tires and center cap all together for a reasonable price. Also the seller claims "the condition of them is absolutely, positively Flawless and like-new with no curbing, scratches, blemishes, nada." So before I went and look at the wheels to verify his claim, I want it to make sure that it will fit my car as 99flhr said, as original as every other car equipped with this factory option. BTW, my car is RWD.

Thank you again.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Just make sure they are for a coupe. Coupes have a different wheel offset from wagons and sedans (which are the same for those two vehicles).

tinman,

The wheels that I'm talking are 19x8.5 Front and 19x9.5 Rear. Are those the one for Coupe? According to the posting he also claim that the wheels are from a CTS Coupe 2012.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I don' t know for sure. Hopefully someone will pipe up.

Quote Originally Posted by rubenmer1
    tinman,

The wheels that I'm talking are 19x8.5 Front and 19x9.5 Rear. Are those the one for Coupe? According to the posting he also claim that the wheels are from a CTS Coupe 2012.
    Yes, my 2012 coupe came with 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.
    tinman likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft

Yes, my 2012 coupe came with 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.
    I believe that the AWD models are 9" in the back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.