2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I purchased my Cadillac out of state from Fred Beans Cadillac in Doylestown, Pa. I checked with them at week ...
    rdomeck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Wagon

2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer?

I purchased my Cadillac out of state from Fred Beans Cadillac in Doylestown, Pa. I checked with them at week 5 and they said I needed another piece of paper. I provided them with that piece of paper 1 week after as that is how long it took to schedule the police inspection of the vin. I am still waiting.

I filled out the customer satisfaction and did receive a call from them and they were supposed to call me back and never did....

Looks like my next vehicle purchase will be something other than Cadillac as this is really ridiculous to wait this long to be able to license my new car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

producerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05-ESV + 08
    What does one have to do with the other? Its not the "brand" of car you bought that is at fault. Just because one dealership is inefficient at filing paperwork and bad at customer service has nothing to do with the quality and satisfaction from a Cadillac!
    rspreng, C "T" ess, snafu and 2 others like this.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Sounds like a dealer issue, not a Cadillac issue, to me.
    C "T" ess, 99flhr and Tbbt like this.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: 2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer?

rdomeck,

It is a problem with your choice of dealers (not Cadillac), and being out of state complicated things. It does take longer to get paperwork when working with an out of state dealer. You have to satisfy the registration requirements of two states.

How long does your temporary tag last? Here in CO it's good for 90 days.

Good luck and keep us informed, Marv
    99flhr likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I have purchased out of state and it never took me that long.

I also have to agree with every other comment regarding Cadillac vs. your dealership. Really? You take this as a Cadillac issue? Think it through. Yeah, you have every right to be angry. But be upset with the dealer.
    C "T" ess and 99flhr like this.

rdomeck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Wagon

I am upset with Cadillac as they now have known about the issue for 3 weeks and have not done the things that they said they were going to do... My temp tag was good for 30 days. So it has been expired 30 days!

Yes this is mostly the dealership issue, but some fault falls onto the customer care that is not doing anything either!

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

I really do not care for this reply?

Contact an attorney.
    Have them light a fire under the sellers ass.

Try the BBB. Try talking with the Gen. Mgr. or the F & I guy/gal. Escalate it each day until you get to the President. But still, Cadillac has nothing to do with this. Calm down and talk slowly, rationally and most importantly, be polite.
    snafu and angelbones like this.

ISSUE has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do with Cadillac. The fault is all with dealership and its processing of paperwork.

Cadillac would not get involved with this issue at the dealership level.

Just phone or email the principle owner (s) of said dealership. If u do email them the cc all parties involved in the sale also.

I personally would not even know how to contact "Cadillac" at a corporate level ))
    99flhr likes this.

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Actually, IMHO, any failure on the part of the dealer to deliver documentation of purchase/ownership and terms thereof, in any form or fashion does, in fact, have something to do with Cadillac proper. They are franchises and must adhere to a host of standards. Not only did I have to hurry the paperwork along for tag/title, and ensure its accuracy (initially numerous errors), after two months, including calls to GM HQ, I still do not have a formal certificate showing my car as CPO, nor so I have a hard copy of the CPO warranty, aside from what can be downloaded from the WWW and a few INTERNAL GM docs the dealer printed out, that, in code, state it as being CPO vehicle. The dealer says there is nothing more they can do, and Cadillac ALWAYS says the dealer has to do it, despite my repeatedly telling them the dealer has no such forms or software to print such a thing. Not only is this just plain silly, is is probably a violation of the MMWA, though I'd have to read it to be sure. Once thing for certain: a customer should not be expected to download the entire webarchive of the SPO section on Cadillac. com, then whatever appears in "My Cadillac" (which I had to call and have corrected), then beg the dealer for cryptic internal docs that allude to CPO. Why not a certificate with the VIN, a ref number, and the T/C of the CPO warranty on good old-fashioned paper? Without exaggeration, nearly TWO DOZEN phone calls had led to zero progress. THe disconnect between GM and their dealerships is laughable, and certainly not a model of a seamless experience that all vendors of high end products and services should strive for.

Then use certified mail, return receipt requested. Or, as was previously stated by amunderdog, get an attorney.

Really....I have never heard of such a problem.....learned something new.

We do not have such issues in Canada.

I have bought two Escalades in California and no problems.

Good luck.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog
    I really do not care for this reply?

Contact an attorney.
    Have them light a fire under the sellers ass.
    Seriously? An attorney? No wonder we have a litigious culture.

Escalate to the general manager or the finance guy.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor
    Actually, IMHO, any failure on the part of the dealer to deliver documentation of purchase/ownership and terms thereof, in any form or fashion does, in fact, have something to do with Cadillac proper. They are franchises and must adhere to a host of standards. Not only did I have to hurry the paperwork along for tag/title, and ensure its accuracy (initially numerous errors), after two months, including calls to GM HQ, I still do not have a formal certificate showing my car as CPO, nor so I have a hard copy of the CPO warranty, aside from what can be downloaded from the WWW and a few INTERNAL GM docs the dealer printed out, that, in code, state it as being CPO vehicle. The dealer says there is nothing more they can do, and Cadillac ALWAYS says the dealer has to do it, despite my repeatedly telling them the dealer has no such forms or software to print such a thing. Not only is this just plain silly, is is probably a violation of the MMWA, though I'd have to read it to be sure. Once thing for certain: a customer should not be expected to download the entire webarchive of the SPO section on Cadillac. com, then whatever appears in "My Cadillac" (which I had to call and have corrected), then beg the dealer for cryptic internal docs that allude to CPO. Why not a certificate with the VIN, a ref number, and the T/C of the CPO warranty on good old-fashioned paper? Without exaggeration, nearly TWO DOZEN phone calls had led to zero progress. THe disconnect between GM and their dealerships is laughable, and certainly not a model of a seamless experience that all vendors of high end products and services should strive for.
    This is different since Cadillac has to recognize it as a CPO vehicle.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Your dealer probably sold you the car before they received the title in their name so it goes from the original owners name to the dealers and then to yours which increases the waiting time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.