2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Dealers do not put the vehicle in thier name. A licensed dealer can legally reassign title from the owner who ...
    Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Re: 2 months and still no title work from my Cadillac dealer?

Dealers do not put the vehicle in thier name. A licensed dealer can legally reassign title from the owner who traded in the car to the new owner. Thats what they are allowed to do being a licensed dealer. Often times what holds up paperwork is money and the dealer not getting it in a timely manner. Sometime banks hold checks and will not credit accounts till they are sure the check is good and then they might wait even longer. Some of the most careful banks have been scammed by bogus checks. Not saying this it the case here but these kinds of things play into delays that occur. Cash is even suspect nowadays. If I go and put $10,000 in my bank today I cannot go and withdraw it tomorrow, 5 days before I can access the money. Many banks do this to prevent crime.

I bought a new truck in another state and the conditions of the sale was they would send the necessary paperwork (manufacturers Statement of Origin) when my check cleared the bank and they had the money even though they had my $30,000 trade in vehicle. Took about 3 wks as I recall, dealer issued temp plates in state (WI) of sale good for 90 days. No dealer it going give you a title till they are certain your money is good.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

The next thing you should do is to MAKE the selling dealer fed-ex you a new transit/temporary plate. If you've talked with them since your plate expired, they should have offered a new one.

If you have a transit/temporary plate issued in PA, you can ask them what's happening with the title, etc.

Again, this is a Dealer issue, not Cadillac. Cadillac or any manufacturer can only ask a dealer to do certain things, they cannot force them to do things. Sounds like the F&I person at the dealership needs to get his/her department on the ball.

I too have purchased vehicles in other states and never had a problem with the paperwork. Good Luck!

Marv

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rdomeck View Post
    I purchased my Cadillac out of state from Fred Beans Cadillac in Doylestown, Pa. I checked with them at week 5 and they said I needed another piece of paper. I provided them with that piece of paper 1 week after as that is how long it took to schedule the police inspection of the vin. I am still waiting.

I filled out the customer satisfaction and did receive a call from them and they were supposed to call me back and never did....

Looks like my next vehicle purchase will be something other than Cadillac as this is really ridiculous to wait this long to be able to license my new car!
    Hello rdomeck,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with receiving your title work from the dealership. I would be more than happy to contact them to see if I could obtain any information on your behalf. Please private message me your name, contact info, VIN (if you have it), and the name of the sales representative you have been working with. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Seriously? An attorney? No wonder we have a litigious culture.

Escalate to the general manager or the finance guy.

----------

This is different since Cadillac has to recognize it as a CPO vehicle.
    Yes, I know the CPO issue is different, but my point was, I can almost guarantee you there is a contract between GM/Cadillac and a dealership that clearly says the dealer agrees to abide by all applicable federal state/local laws and regulations, and f they don't, penalties up to and including cancellation of the agreement may occur. My other point is, once they have your money, the level of service, especially seemingly trivial (to them) paperwork is a low priority, if a priority at all. I even spoke to a VP in Dearborn and he has yet to rectify my issue ref the CPO docs, and still don't have proper documentation.

As for someone getting an attorney involved, that has nothing to do with litigiousness. Our system of law is adversarial. It is also costly. MANY large corporations will let everything from tiny to huge LEGITIMATE claims slide as long as possible because they know over 90% will progress no further than an initial complaint because the majority of the public does not have the funds or resources to purse the matter, especially a consumer dispute. However, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, federal and state Unfair and Deceptive Trade practices Acts, and in some states, lemon laws, give the consumer an arsenal of weapons to fight an injustice. Attorney fees and heightened damage awards are sometimes available in an attempt to discourage future noncompliance by the defendant. What far too many people forget is, the laws are not just there to compensate the subject victim, but to keep the same thing from happening to YOU. Remember that the next time you read about what you feel is a frivolous suit with an unwarranted verdict/award. You don't know the whole story, just a distorted boiled down media version.

A letter from an attorney can be the difference between the wrongdoer getting away with the misdeed with the victim left holding the bag, and quick. immediate rectification of the wrong. In other words, if the claim is large enough, and AFTER you've exhausted all the prescribed procedures via normal channels to no avail, hiring an attorney to draft a demand letter is very sound advice. I've done it more than once, and it's had the desired effect every single time.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    Yes, I know the CPO issue is different, but my point was, I can almost guarantee you there is a contract between GM/Cadillac and a dealership that clearly says the dealer agrees to abide by all applicable federal state/local laws and regulations, and f they don't, penalties up to and including cancellation of the agreement may occur. My other point is, once they have your money, the level of service, especially seemingly trivial (to them) paperwork is a low priority, if a priority at all. I even spoke to a VP in Dearborn and he has yet to rectify my issue ref the CPO docs, and still don't have proper documentation.

As for someone getting an attorney involved, that has nothing to do with litigiousness. Our system of law is adversarial. It is also costly. MANY large corporations will let everything from tiny to huge LEGITIMATE claims slide as long as possible because they know over 90% will progress no further than an initial complaint because the majority of the public does not have the funds or resources to purse the matter, especially a consumer dispute. However, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, federal and state Unfair and Deceptive Trade practices Acts, and in some states, lemon laws, give the consumer an arsenal of weapons to fight an injustice. Attorney fees and heightened damage awards are sometimes available in an attempt to discourage future noncompliance by the defendant. What far too many people forget is, the laws are not just there to compensate the subject victim, but to keep the same thing from happening to YOU. Remember that the next time you read about what you feel is a frivolous suit with an unwarranted verdict/award. You don't know the whole story, just a distorted boiled down media version.

A letter from an attorney can be the difference between the wrongdoer getting away with the misdeed with the victim left holding the bag, and quick. immediate rectification of the wrong. In other words, if the claim is large enough, and AFTER you've exhausted all the prescribed procedures via normal channels to no avail, hiring an attorney to draft a demand letter is very sound advice. I've done it more than once, and it's had the desired effect every single time.
    All valid points, but this may simply be a situation where there is a delay in processing paperwork. Engaging a lawyer seems extreme.

Escalate to the GM, ask them to send you an new temporary tag if need be. It just sounds premature to bring in a lawyer.

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    All valid points, but this may simply be a situation where there is a delay in processing paperwork. Engaging a lawyer seems extreme.

Escalate to the GM, ask them to send you an new temporary tag if need be. It just sounds premature to bring in a lawyer.
    Agreed on title/tag docs, but still, when your state's deadline has passed, and you keep getting bounced from dealer to DMV and back with no resolution, your only legal option is often to let the car sit in the garage. Personally, my MO is to plant myself in front of whomever is responsible for supplying the docs and not leave without them. If my payment has cleared and I still don't have the paperwork, all sorts of options open up, but none of them should be necessary. It takes five minutes to fill out the forms, and anywhere from five minutes to, in some places, five hours standing in line to get the tag/reg cert, with the title to follow shortly. Something so simple and routine should not be a headache for any car buyer.

Try escalating a complaint to GM HQ. Ask CS to do it and the answer will be, "we can't do that. We don't have any way to do that." Just happened to me again today when, after two weeks, I got (finally) another return call ref getting OFFICIAL CPO docs, with my having to recite the entire story for the umpteenth time.If you're not adept at finding unpublished numbers, email addys, and digging up corp organizational charts to pinpoint who is responsible, the general counsel's office getting something on official letterhead with complete documentation and sound, knowledgeable citations to applicable law, with copies of necessary complaint forms already filled out and ready to file is about the only thing that has a snowball's chance in Hades of getting a meaningful response. If the problem is egregious enough and looks really bad from a visual perspective, a social media video that goes viral can also be effective. All of this takes time, money, and the ability to withstand a lot of frustration and incompetence while keeping your BP at an acceptable level. At that point, I usually start considering cutting my losses and trading for a car from I manufacturer and dealer I know will treat me right, which, in my case, if it comes to that, means back to a CPO'd German car, or one of a select few Japanese models.

jlbags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS4 Wagon, 65 Deville Conv, 03 SLS - For Sale

I had a similar experience and GM was absolutely no help at all. It was complete incompetence at the dealership, but they do represent GM...
    Mine took 4 months. Never even got a written apology or acknowledgement of their mistake from the dealer - Ryan Cadillac in MN.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by jlbags View Post
    I had a similar experience and GM was absolutely no help at all. It was complete incompetence at the dealership, but they do represent GM...
    Mine took 4 months. Never even got a written apology or acknowledgement of their mistake from the dealer - Ryan Cadillac in MN.
    Cool. I hate my (now former) dealer here in Jacksonville, Claude Nolan Cadillac.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Return the car. This will show Cadillac that their cars are defective because of paperwork. What exactly do you want GM to do.
    In Pa. The State Police have jurisdiction over licensing issues. Report the dealer to them and you will have some sort of answer in short order.
    But again since this is the fault of GM, just return the car. They are made in Michigan, I'm sure your gps will get you there.While you are at it; return that loaf of bread to the bakery because the grocery store mis-priced it. You have legitimate complaints but your rationale is confused.
    Actually, IMHO, any failure on the part of the dealer to deliver documentation of purchase/ownership and terms thereof, in any form or fashion does, in fact, have something to do with Cadillac proper. They are franchises and must adhere to a host of standards. Not only did I have to hurry the paperwork along for tag/title, and ensure its accuracy (initially numerous errors), after two months, including calls to GM HQ, I still do not have a formal certificate showing my car as CPO, nor so I have a hard copy of the CPO warranty, aside from what can be downloaded from the WWW and a few INTERNAL GM docs the dealer printed out, that, in code, state it as being CPO vehicle. The dealer says there is nothing more they can do, and Cadillac ALWAYS says the dealer has to do it, despite my repeatedly telling them the dealer has no such forms or software to print such a thing. Not only is this just plain silly, is is probably a violation of the MMWA, though I'd have to read it to be sure. Once thing for certain: a customer should not be expected to download the entire webarchive of the SPO section on Cadillac. com, then whatever appears in "My Cadillac" (which I had to call and have corrected), then beg the dealer for cryptic internal docs that allude to CPO. Why not a certificate with the VIN, a ref number, and the T/C of the CPO warranty on good old-fashioned paper? Without exaggeration, nearly TWO DOZEN phone calls had led to zero progress. THe disconnect between GM and their dealerships is laughable, and certainly not a model of a seamless experience that all vendors of high end products and services should strive for.
    tinman likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

My work is done here.

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328
    sounds like a dealer issue, not a cadillac issue, to me.
    amen !!

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

What I like is someone who is wrong, but they are sure of it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.