Prop shaft
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Prop shaft in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am almost certain my prop shaft is causing this very annoying vibration. I feel it on the floor, in ...
    Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

Prop shaft

I am almost certain my prop shaft is causing this very annoying vibration. I feel it on the floor, in the steering wheel, in my seat; but interestingly not in the shifter. When I have my oil changed I rotate my tires and re balance the two going up front, so I am pretty confident its not the tires. My question for all you CTS lovers is; has anyone successfully removed the prop shaft and repaired it or do I have to replace the whole thing? I see these REVSHIFT adds on the site; can we install these like a u joint? I hate like hell to give this to a dealer to play with for days then get it back with the same problem. I have rebuilt numerous drive shafts over the years but this one is very different. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Re: Prop shaft

Hello Joe,

I apologize that you are experiencing a vibration with your prop shaft. I see that you are reaching out to the community for input on doing this repair yourself, but if you do end up taking it to the dealership, I would like to get involved and assist you in working with them. Please private message me if you do end up taking your vehicle to the dealership so I can contact them on your behalf. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

matthewsimmons is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Prop shaft

I'm having a similar or same problem. My vibration happens from 40-50 mph and 20-40% throttle. Nobody seems to know what the cause is but I've always thought it was driveshaft related since I have had the wheels/tires balanced no problem.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.