2010 sedan driver door won't open
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 sedan driver door won't open in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My driver's door will not open. It locks/unlocks fine, but when I pull the handle inside (or lift outside) nothing ...
    GT!
    GT! is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Silver 2010 Sedan 3.6 AWD

2010 sedan driver door won't open

My driver's door will not open. It locks/unlocks fine, but when I pull the handle inside (or lift outside) nothing happens. I feel no resistance as I do so - it's like the handles are no longer connected to the latch mechanism. Without being able to open the door I don't know how to get into the door to investigate. Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GT!

Re: 2010 sedan driver door won't open

Update ... managed to open the door I've disassembled and at first could not duplicate the problem. I then remembered that prior to not opening I'd had problems with the door not engaging the latch when it was closed. Figured it must obviously be related to this so looked for a way the mechanism would not latch. The answer ... if the inner door handle remains in the open position it will not engage. I then noticed that the pivot point on the latch mechanism where the cable from the inner door handle attached was sticking. I then tested ... if that only releases *part way* the door will latch, but it will never open again because it needs to cycle back to the proper resting position or it will never engage (I believe it took a lock cycle to get it into this condition, but not 100% sure). I took some pics and will post them up later. I'm pretty certain this is it. Fix is just to lube the pivot point. It now moves much more freely than before lube. Off to reinstall ...

GT!

Re: 2010 sedan driver door won't open

Here is a pic showing the pivot point that was sticking.
    ctsdoorlatch.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.