Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2010 sedan driver door won't open

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jbassett03 
#1 ·
My driver's door will not open. It locks/unlocks fine, but when I pull the handle inside (or lift outside) nothing happens. I feel no resistance as I do so - it's like the handles are no longer connected to the latch mechanism. Without being able to open the door I don't know how to get into the door to investigate. Help!

#2 ·
Update ... managed to open the door :) I've disassembled and at first could not duplicate the problem. I then remembered that prior to not opening I'd had problems with the door not engaging the latch when it was closed. Figured it must obviously be related to this so looked for a way the mechanism would not latch. The answer ... if the inner door handle remains in the open position it will not engage. I then noticed that the pivot point on the latch mechanism where the cable from the inner door handle attached was sticking. I then tested ... if that only releases *part way* the door will latch, but it will never open again because it needs to cycle back to the proper resting position or it will never engage (I believe it took a lock cycle to get it into this condition, but not 100% sure). I took some pics and will post them up later. I'm pretty certain this is it. Fix is just to lube the pivot point. It now moves much more freely than before lube. Off to reinstall ...

#4 ·
How did you get the door to open I have an have a 2010 cts with same problem can't get panel off with door shut and can't seem to get door to open at all no matter what I do tried messaging with locks while pulling handles tried pushing door squirting wd40 into the the inside or handles everything and. Irving works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.