How many 2013 & @ what $
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, How many 2013 & @ what $ in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; As a new owner I was wondering how many 2013 models are on here & around how much did you ...
    Oz Sr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe -AWD

How many 2013 & @ what $

As a new owner I was wondering how many 2013 models are on here & around how much did you pay? I bought my (Base) Black Raven 2013 Coupe 3.6 AWD (w/o Options) a few weeks ago from a dealer over 5-hours away, they delivered it to my doorstep the next day @ $8,425 off sticker price (final price w/o tax $36,236). I think I did good????

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Re: How many 2013 & @ what $

If you listed the model (premium, performance etc) it might be useful to get a feel for how well you did.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Options do make a difference.

May I ask why do you go by 'Tinman', I guess you could say I'm a Tinman too (Retired Sheet Metal Tradesman/Journeyman).

You got it, Oz SR. I have a custom metal fabrication shop. We do lots of different things especially stainless steel
    Oz Sr likes this.

Very Cool! The trade was good to me, I was very lucky to have been able to retire @ age 55 after 35 years as a Tinsmith.

You're doing better than me! Still at it and I just turned 62. (jeez, 62. I can't believe that).

Not far behind Tinman, On Tuesday (16th) I'll be 60. Like you I can't understand how???

Retirement took some getting use to. In the beginning I sometimes felt like a kid skipping school but I'm in the grove now, at least while the wife is still working anyway...

BTW, I wanted to ask you what you mean by "Shooting Brakes" in your heading?

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Sr View Post
    Not far behind Tinman, On Tuesday (16th) I'll be 60. Like you I can't understand how???

Retirement took some getting use to. In the beginning I sometimes felt like a kid skipping school but I'm in the grove now, at least while the wife is still working anyway...

BTW, I wanted to ask you what you mean by "Shooting Brakes" in your heading?
    A "shooting brake" started way back in old England as a horse drawn carriage that took hunters out to the hunt. Obviously it evolved to mean a motor vehicle. Technically today it means a two-door station wagon, so I am stretching it a little bit to call my wagon a "shooting brake", but nonetheless I think it's a cool name for a wagon.

There are some cool concepts out there today for a wagon. MB has one and so does Jag. Easily in the six figure range, but they are beautiful. Google "shooting brake" to see.
    Oz Sr likes this.

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

The dealer where I bought my 2008 CTS which I traded in on my 2013 ATS is advertising a sale on 2012 CTS-yes 2012, of which they still have quite a few. I could even have bought a 2013 CTS for $ 700 less than I paid for my ATS. The discounts on any older model CTS is going to get deeper and deeper when the new model comes out. Probably be some very good deals out there.
    Oz Sr likes this.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    You're doing better than me! Still at it and I just turned 62. (jeez, 62. I can't believe that).
    Ah, your can's old! Boogity Boogity!

$700 less than a CTS??? Yet you bought a ATS??? Maybe I'm missing something, you picked the ATS over the CTS? Please don't get me wrong, the ATS is a very nice car but isn't the CTS the next step up? Had the ATS been offered in a coupe I may have considered it but the way it looks now my CTS may be the last of the coupes...

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz Sr
    $700 less than a CTS??? Yet you bought a ATS??? Maybe I'm missing something, you picked the ATS over the CTS? Please don't get me wrong, the ATS is a very nice car but isn't the CTS the next step up? Had the ATS been offered in a coupe I may have considered it but the way it looks now my CTS may be the last of the coupes...
    The ATS is newer with updates that the older outgoing CTS doesn't have. You will not be able to get a new 2014 CTS for only $700 more than an ATS.
    Oz Sr likes this.

I understand the ATS is newer but isn't it really a difference class of car (entry level -4cyl etc...), again it's a very nice car but not a CTS Coupe. Maybe that doesn't sound good the way I've said it but what I mean is; isn't the ATS & CTS two different markets +/or buyers??? I'm not trying to offend anyone, just trying to understand why you would pay $700 extra for a ATS over a CTS (maybe it's just me?). I guess (as they say) that's why we have vanilla & chocolate Ice Cream.

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

CTS was $ 700 less than the ATS because the CTS had larger rebates.

Couple of factors influenced my decision and someone with the same set of factors may have decided differently. Liked the idea of a smaller car which the ATS is. When I got in the 2013 CTS, it looked exactly the same as the 2008 CTS I was trading in and felt that might blunt the excitement one feels when getting new car. The technology in the 2013 CTS was 5 years old already (with the new 2014 CTS) coming out and my son would never forgive me if I got a car that didn't have new technology. Plus my wife wanted the IPAD.

I had a few second thoughts whether I made the correct decision, but here 5 months later, I know I made the right one.

----------

I saw that the 2014 CTS will start at around 45k-probably 6k more than the lowest price 2013 CTS.

----------

I am sure another CTS would have been more age appropriate with me being almost 67 (Cadiilac is targeting people in their 30's for the ATS). But the overriding factor again was that the car looked exactly the same inside (except for the back up camera in the rear view mirror) as my 2008 CTS trade-in. And even at my age, you like to get a little excited about buy a new car and a car that looked the same didn't do that for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.