Door latch not working on my CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Door latch not working on my CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just bought a 2010 CTS base sedan has 37,00 miles. Today the door was not wanting to latch when ...
    glockky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

Door latch not working on my CTS

I just bought a 2010 CTS base sedan has 37,00 miles. Today the door was not wanting to latch when it was shut. You would have to pull on the handle on the inside several times then you could get the door to latch. Is this a common problem? I have had this car for a week and I am already starting to get worried about it. I have to take it next week to get new brakes the brake dust I am getting is horrible. If someone has a simple fix for the door it would be much appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

coolbrezze72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 White Diamond CTS

Re: Door latch not working on my CTS

Hi, glockky. I've seen a video on you tube of a guy replacing the door handle sensor. You should check it out, I think I typed how to remove the door panel for a Cadillac CTS. Hope that helps.

glockky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

So its not linkage that actually opens the door? The handle is hitting and actuator that opens the door?

coolbrezze72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 White Diamond CTS

I'm not really sure. I would watch the video.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    I just bought a 2010 CTS base sedan has 37,00 miles. Today the door was not wanting to latch when it was shut. You would have to pull on the handle on the inside several times then you could get the door to latch. Is this a common problem? I have had this car for a week and I am already starting to get worried about it. I have to take it next week to get new brakes the brake dust I am getting is horrible. If someone has a simple fix for the door it would be much appreciated thanks
    Hello glockky,

Congrats on your recent purchase of your CTS! I am sorry for any troubles you are already experiencing with it. I see you are taking your vehicle in for new brakes; I would recommend while you are there for service with this issue to discuss the door latch issue. I understand you want advice from other forum members to see if it is a fix you could do yourself, which is a great approach. However, I figure since you will already be at the dealer, it won't hurt to discuss this new concern. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss any concern further or have questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

It's still under warranty, why not the dealer handle it. While not a big problem it has happened to others on the forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.