Pleased with gas mileage
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Pleased with gas mileage in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just finished a 2200 mile trip from N. California to Minneapolis via Gillette WY. Overall fuel mileage was 26.4 MPG ...
    popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

Pleased with gas mileage

Just finished a 2200 mile trip from N. California to Minneapolis via Gillette WY. Overall fuel mileage was 26.4 MPG which I consider good considering the 75 MPH speed limits in Wyoming and South Dakota (drove a bit faster than the limit). Anyone else happy with highway fuel mileage?

4100 miles on the car with 58% oil life remaining. Will have the 1st oil change done when I get back home. Oil level is still good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Pleased with gas mileage

Thanks for sharing a 'positive' assessment of what a driver can get with a CTS! Of course there will be naysayers piping up too. I also have had similar results when traveling Interstate Highways!

You did a great job of watching your speed, with the passes you climbed, a truly great job!

Thanks, Marv

LastTripToTulsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD 3.6 DI

I've never been disappointed with my CTS' s gas mileage either. My typical commute is mixed highway/city with an average speed of 45 MPH and I get around 22MPG. When I go in long, mostly highway trips I also get in the 25-26 range. You really can't expect much more out of a 300HP engine in an AWD car.
    99flhr likes this.

lvdw55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, SUNSET BLUE

I concur....I've always been satisfied with the mpg on both city and highway miles.
    99flhr likes this.

popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

Good to hear of other positive results!

akamai43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Black diamond tricoat on Black 3.6
    I love the mileage I get on my CTS. it's a great deal better then the 2000 Catera Sport I use to own.

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Having had more time now with my CTS 3.6 coupe, I'll take the bait, pipe up, and be somewhat of a naysayer. If I drove it using the techniques of a hypermiler, I could get the 18/27 (21) estimate. In reality, it's been closer to 14.5/24.5 (19.5). Admittedly, I'm not wasting any time getting up to the speed limit, but I'm not burning rubber either. With a 50/50 city/highway split, I can see getting 21, but an 18 MPG avg. in town is not going to happen no matter how I drive it. I seriously considered a V, so I wasn't counting on hybrid-like mileage, but I am a surprised it isn't one or two MPG higher. I usually do a little better than the EPA estimates. The car went through the CPO inspection and a second engine diagnostics test, so nothing throws a code, except maybe whoever is sitting in the passenger seat.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

My '09 recently turned 30,000 miles and its averaging 24.0 mpg combined per the DIC as I have never reset it from day one. Mostly rural drving, no stop lights or express ways around here, stay under 60 mph. Only gas I use is Murphy 89. Other stations are 10-15 cents more.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Coupes have a lower gear ratio, than even AWD, so your mileage will differ.

rddd1962 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD Diamond White/08 SRX V6 AWD Crystal Red

I am very happy with my
    mileage. Much better than the 07 3.6 I had. Avg according to the DIC is 22.4 on flat Hwy I avg 27- 28 on the Hwy in the hill and mountains I see 26 -27. I am usually at 75-78 on the Hwy. 32k since I got it last Aug. Now has 60k on it.

xCCTer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 G80 MYB Crystal Red Premium Luxury

I have to say I was always surprised by the numerous threads about crappy gas mileage and excessive oil consumption.
    My 2008 CTS 3.6DI RWD auto coupe has 59k miles on it and has always gotten just under 21mpg combined driving.
    I installed an RX catch-can (after reading numerous posts here) which has never had one drop of oil in it, and it uses about 1/2 a quart of oil between 5k mile changes which I do myself.
    I do not drive it like I stole it, but I don't drive it like an old lady either. It definitely sees revs in the 4500 range several times a month. The ticking of the DI injectors is barely audible at idle with the hood open.
    I put a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment through it every couple months.
    Mark
    99flhr and lvdw55 like this.

dreiloft is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by xCCTer
    I have to say I was always surprised by the numerous threads about crappy gas mileage and excessive oil consumption.
    My 2008 CTS 3.6DI RWD auto coupe has 59k miles on it and has always gotten just under 21mpg combined driving.
    I installed an RX catch-can (after reading numerous posts here) which has never had one drop of oil in it, and it uses about 1/2 a quart of oil between 5k mile changes which I do myself.
    I do not drive it like I stole it, but I don't drive it like an old lady either. It definitely sees revs in the 4500 range several times a month. The ticking of the DI injectors is barely audible at idle with the hood open.
    I put a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment through it every couple months.
    Mark

My 2008 CTS 3.6DI RWD auto coupe?

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

So far I'm getting about 21 mpg in mostly suburban driving.

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    I drive a 2013 CTS Premium with the V-6 (318), DI Coupe. City/Hwy mix pretty steady @ 19.4 mpg and on trips it gives around 28 mpg. I do not "Baby" this vehicle, nor do I do "Burnouts". It is driven like it should be. I suppose if I stuck strictly to posted mph, I could do even better, but I might get run over by the "crazies". So far, a great vehicle. Our 4th Caddy in 12 years, and all different models. We do miss our '03 SLS though.

xCCTer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 G80 MYB Crystal Red Premium Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft View Post
    My 2008 CTS 3.6DI RWD auto coupe?
    Sedan. My bad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.