Pleased with gas mileage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Pleased with gas mileage in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; 16-18 city & 22 highway based off of comparing actual refills and what was used in between because I never ...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Pleased with gas mileage

16-18 city & 22 highway based off of comparing actual refills and what was used in between because I never go by the DIC MPG calculations.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

I was getting rather low mileage until I found the inner front tires were wearing out far faster than they should have. I got a 4 wheel alignment and my mileage (combined) came up to about 20.2 (per the DIC, reading an average speed of 33.x)

Over the holiday weekend, we took a trip from Pittsburgh PA to Norwalk OH. I reset everything as I got on the highway and we made only 1 stop at a rest area along the way. The highway only part gave 28.5 (per the DIC, reading an average speed of 66.5). I was usually doing the speed limit to 5 above the speed limit, but there was a bit of construction in Ohio, and the troopers were very active in writing up "customers". So I did back it down in the construction areas. Direction didn't matter as I got the same returning to PA.

TomFont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium

I've put about 2500 miles on my recently purchased CTS-4 with the 3.6 (22k miles). My normal commute is about 65% highway and I'm only squeaking out 19.5 MPG and I don't have a heavy foot. I'm a bit disappointed because my 2006 AWD Passatt with a 3.6 is only about 300 pounds lighter and got about 26 MPG on the same commute, but to be fair, it required premium gas. I'm going to install a K&N stock replacement air filter. Any other suggestions or thing to check?

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Tomfont,

You didn't say what model you have, coupes have a lower final ratio, it can make a difference.

What tire pressure are you running? Again, makes a difference. Hills? Try driving with your Driver Information Center in the instant mileage mode and watch how much difference there is when going up hill, taking off from a light, etc. It's amazing how much little things do make a difference.

Welcome and Good Luck, Marv

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I say. Everyone knows CTS's get crappy gas mileage.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I say. Everyone knows CTS's get crappy gas mileage.
    Speak for yourself...I didn't know that when I bought mine.

It's now better than it was originally, so I'm learning to live with it. Now if we can get gas back to a buck a gallon I'd be happy! No lie, yesterday, I saw 1 gas station go from $3.53 to $3.65 in less than 4 hours, and on my drive to work, a station went from $3.59 to $3.61. Gasbuddy reported in the middle of the day, it went up again to $3.65. On the way home 9 hours later, it went up again to $3.69!!

It's getting brutal to be a CTS owner.

TomFont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium

Thanks Marv,
    It's a sedan. I have the 19inch tire upgrade and they're set at 36 PSI. Yes, unfortunately some hills which I understand hurts but what goes up must come down on my 75 mile/day round trip commute.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I am getting 21 MPG combined Hiway/City driving. I have also noticed the numbers keep improving the longer I have had the car. I also took all those engine cover pieces off and the car seems smoother in hot city traffic.

----------

21 MPG combined is pretty good for a 300hp+ car that weighs anywhere from 3900-4300LBS.

popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

Update: 26.2 MPG over 4672 miles. Ave. speed 62.4 MPH. Mostly freeway driving with city driving in Mpls., and Quad Cities, IA. (The John Deere Golf Classic was great). 30% oil life remaining at 6664 miles.

smooth_ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD

I did 180 miles down to Cape May, NJ this weekend. I saw 32.7 mpg at 65mph going down -- there must have been a nice tailwind. Coming back I saw 28.7 at 64 mph, very little wind. 47k on OEM tires.

conedoctor is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I just picked up a 2010 AWD wagon with the 3.0 and coming from an 08 Sierra Denali I think this car is great on gas!

A member mentioned a K&N filter, this will hurt MPG not help it.
    Built4Comfort likes this.

Bob Shaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS

First fill-up on my 2013 3.0 CTS Sport Sedan was 18.6 mpg. Mostly around town driving. I don't think that's too shabby.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.