Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pleased with gas mileage

CTSCHICK Guest

Re: Pleased with gas mileage

16-18 city & 22 highway based off of comparing actual refills and what was used in between because I never go by the DIC MPG calculations.

Last edited by CTSCHICK; 07-11-13 at 07:32 AM.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

I was getting rather low mileage until I found the inner front tires were wearing out far faster than they should have. I got a 4 wheel alignment and my mileage (combined) came up to about 20.2 (per the DIC, reading an average speed of 33.x)

Over the holiday weekend, we took a trip from Pittsburgh PA to Norwalk OH. I reset everything as I got on the highway and we made only 1 stop at a rest area along the way. The highway only part gave 28.5 (per the DIC, reading an average speed of 66.5). I was usually doing the speed limit to 5 above the speed limit, but there was a bit of construction in Ohio, and the troopers were very active in writing up "customers". So I did back it down in the construction areas. Direction didn't matter as I got the same returning to PA.

TomFont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium

I've put about 2500 miles on my recently purchased CTS-4 with the 3.6 (22k miles). My normal commute is about 65% highway and I'm only squeaking out 19.5 MPG and I don't have a heavy foot. I'm a bit disappointed because my 2006 AWD Passatt with a 3.6 is only about 300 pounds lighter and got about 26 MPG on the same commute, but to be fair, it required premium gas. I'm going to install a K&N stock replacement air filter. Any other suggestions or thing to check?

Tbbt is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior

Tomfont,

You didn't say what model you have, coupes have a lower final ratio, it can make a difference.

What tire pressure are you running? Again, makes a difference. Hills? Try driving with your Driver Information Center in the instant mileage mode and watch how much difference there is when going up hill, taking off from a light, etc. It's amazing how much little things do make a difference.

Welcome and Good Luck, Marv

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 ATS Performance Coupe 2.0T

I say. Everyone knows CTS's get crappy gas mileage.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I say. Everyone knows CTS's get crappy gas mileage.
    Speak for yourself...I didn't know that when I bought mine.

It's now better than it was originally, so I'm learning to live with it. Now if we can get gas back to a buck a gallon I'd be happy! No lie, yesterday, I saw 1 gas station go from $3.53 to $3.65 in less than 4 hours, and on my drive to work, a station went from $3.59 to $3.61. Gasbuddy reported in the middle of the day, it went up again to $3.65. On the way home 9 hours later, it went up again to $3.69!!

It's getting brutal to be a CTS owner.

TomFont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium

Thanks Marv,
    It's a sedan. I have the 19inch tire upgrade and they're set at 36 PSI. Yes, unfortunately some hills which I understand hurts but what goes up must come down on my 75 mile/day round trip commute.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I am getting 21 MPG combined Hiway/City driving. I have also noticed the numbers keep improving the longer I have had the car. I also took all those engine cover pieces off and the car seems smoother in hot city traffic.

----------

21 MPG combined is pretty good for a 300hp+ car that weighs anywhere from 3900-4300LBS.

popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

Update: 26.2 MPG over 4672 miles. Ave. speed 62.4 MPH. Mostly freeway driving with city driving in Mpls., and Quad Cities, IA. (The John Deere Golf Classic was great). 30% oil life remaining at 6664 miles.

smooth_ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD

I did 180 miles down to Cape May, NJ this weekend. I saw 32.7 mpg at 65mph going down -- there must have been a nice tailwind. Coming back I saw 28.7 at 64 mph, very little wind. 47k on OEM tires.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I just picked up a 2010 AWD wagon with the 3.0 and coming from an 08 Sierra Denali I think this car is great on gas!

A member mentioned a K&N filter, this will hurt MPG not help it.

Bob Shaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 XTS Luxury Edition

First fill-up on my 2013 3.0 CTS Sport Sedan was 18.6 mpg. Mostly around town driving. I don't think that's too shabby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12