New owner questions - several
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New owner questions - several in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Well, I got the car home yesterday! I had a nice 800 miles trip to get acquainted with it, and ...
    DaddyRocket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New owner questions - several

Well, I got the car home yesterday! I had a nice 800 miles trip to get acquainted with it, and it was fantastic!

I do, however, have some questions. It's a 2010 with 32K miles on it. Is it still under factory warranty? I think it's a 4 year, 50k mile, but it doesn't specify transferable on the B2B like it does with the powertrain.

The driver's side windows have some scratches in them. They are clearly in line with the travel of the window, and look like they are caused by internal components, the window guide runners. Is that something that anyone else is seeing? Would it be covered by the warranty?

The up adjustment of the steering wheel seems to be a bit finicky. Sometimes it just doesn't respond. Fortunately the memory still works to put it back when i lower it and can't bring it back up, but still... Any thoughts? Again, warranty issue there?

The paint has some scratches, and one spot that needs some body work. Is my best bet to call a local Cadillac dealer and ask for their preferred paint and body shop? Anyone around Atlanta have some suggestions?

The DVD-Nav system, any way to tell what map version I have, and if it's worth updating? I'm sure i'll update this thread as more questions arise!

Thanks!

DR

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: New owner questions - several

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRocket View Post
    Well, I got the car home yesterday! I had a nice 800 miles trip to get acquainted with it, and it was fantastic!

I do, however, have some questions. It's a 2010 with 32K miles on it. Is it still under factory warranty? I think it's a 4 year, 50k mile, but it doesn't specify transferable on the B2B like it does with the powertrain.

The driver's side windows have some scratches in them. They are clearly in line with the travel of the window, and look like they are caused by internal components, the window guide runners. Is that something that anyone else is seeing? Would it be covered by the warranty?

The up adjustment of the steering wheel seems to be a bit finicky. Sometimes it just doesn't respond. Fortunately the memory still works to put it back when i lower it and can't bring it back up, but still... Any thoughts? Again, warranty issue there?

The paint has some scratches, and one spot that needs some body work. Is my best bet to call a local Cadillac dealer and ask for their preferred paint and body shop? Anyone around Atlanta have some suggestions?

The DVD-Nav system, any way to tell what map version I have, and if it's worth updating? I'm sure i'll update this thread as more questions arise!

Thanks!

DR
    Hello DaddyRocket,

Happy to hear your excitement with your new Cadillac! Your vehicle is still covered under factory warranty with the time and mileage parameters you stated. If you provide me with your VIN, I can inform you of all the warranty and their time and mileage parameters. With your VIN provided, I can help answer your other questions also. It is best to private message me, so we can continue our interactions that way.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

DaddyRocket,
    You should be in pretty good shape as far as your NAV is concerned given what came with the 2010 CTS, but you can and probably should update to the 2013 update level that has been out for a while.
    You can confirm your current level by pressing the CONFIG button on your console below the radio. On the screen that comes up, select the NAV ta b. On the screen that then comes up, select the box that says Map Database Information. This will present the screen with your NAV map and software levels. Every disk update contains a map update of course, but also provides updated AUDIO and NAV software to correct bugs and add enhancements, if any.
    The current level with the 2013 update will show the following on the screen: Application - 5.00, Database - 14.114.23.032812.24. Whats important in the Database levels is the update date - in this case its 032812 which means its update date is from March of last year. The updates are usually a year behind so thats why its from 2012.
    Update costs $199 but has recently been on sale for $159. You cannot borrow anyone's disk as they are tied to your VIN when you purchase it and that then provides you with an AUTH code that must be entered after inserting the disk for update. Update takes around 2 1/2 hours or so but can be interrupted at any time so you dont have to sit with the car running for the whole time at onesitting. When you turn off the engine and then restart the car, the update will continue from where it left off. Do NOT eject the disk until it says to do so. Just leave it in the drive while you are using the car so the update restarts and runs. When its done it will tell you. Select the CD tab when updating to view status of update and info.
    Good luck - website for update ordering is - www.navigation.com and select the Cadillac logo to get to the proper page for the CTS. Then enter the model of car(CTS) and your year(2010).

OH - and dont forget to read the Owners Manual.[COLOR="Silver"]

Correction: Use DISC tab on NAV popup screen to view progress, not CD tab.

----------

DaddyRocket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the advice, jg. I'll check out the software version later today.

Unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky souls who didn't get the manual with the car. Fortunately I found it online, so I've got everything working. Including the garage door opener!

The only issue I've found is the bluetooth. The phone system doesn't pair the phone book? It won't display the number calling, just asks if I accept or decline. I would think it would at least display the number. during a call, the number comes up in the center console, but nothing is shown on the display. Is there a setting I'm missing there?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRocket
    Thanks for the advice, jg. I'll check out the software version later today.

Unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky souls who didn't get the manual with the car. Fortunately I found it online, so I've got everything working. Including the garage door opener!

The only issue I've found is the bluetooth. The phone system doesn't pair the phone book? It won't display the number calling, just asks if I accept or decline. I would think it would at least display the number. during a call, the number comes up in the center console, but nothing is shown on the display. Is there a setting I'm missing there?
    It should display the number. Mine does.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

It should display the number. Mine does.
    I think it depends on the phone. Mine does too but have heard others saying it doesn't.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Should also show MINUTES left on your Onstar account. Go to this site for usable phones by carrier for bluetooth - http://gmtotalconnect.com/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.