Cadillac Transmissions Suck - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Transmissions Suck in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by tinman Mark I'm not sure what other GM models may have the same drive train/engine/ transmission/ awd ...
    99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Cadillac Transmissions Suck

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Mark

I'm not sure what other GM models may have the same drive train/engine/ transmission/ awd setup as our Cadillac's do. If you go to a non Cadillac dealer I would make sure your dealer is familiar with it. Good luck. Let us know.

Paul

BMW uses this same GM French built tranny, call them perhaps they`ll fix it.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Hmmmm. How about that last definition? Spot on, but I know Cadillac won't be asking me.

Thanks for schooling us RAB.
    Tinman, just tried to send you a PM, but unable to because your message bank is full. Can you clear some space.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

All clear.

Doublems is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Sedan

All Clear

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Try your dealer. Hopefully they have good employees and the dealership gives a damn. GM doesn't seem to truly care. They will give the impression they care , but in the end it's about the bottom line and not their customers. For a second opinion ask CTSCHICK.
    Hahaha

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Truthfully it really is beginning to sound and look like the messages from customer service are generated by a machine, or a banana trained chimp, my apologies if I'm wrong, I have had good luck ( knock on wood) with GM service however, and know that there is more than likely corporate and legal limits to what GM is allowing them to say and do, .... Do remember what happened to the last customer service rep.

Maybe she got to envolved?????

Also you have to remember that the dealerships are in all reality franchises of GM. They spend a lot of money with GM , however NOTHING gets paid WITHOUT THE CUSTOMER. GM seriously needs to set some ground rules for there outlets. Featuring dealers who CAN afford to extend proper courtesy and service.
    C "T" ess likes this.

Doublems is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Sedan

Hahaha? My experiences with GM dealers in Ontario has always been positive. Having no experience with dealers in the U.S. you may be right to chuckle, snicker or even lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07 View Post
    Truthfully it really is beginning to sound and look like the messages from customer service are generated by a machine, or a banana trained chimp, my apologies if I'm wrong, I have had good luck ( knock on wood) with GM service however, and know that there is more than likely corporate and legal limits to what GM is allowing them to say and do, .... Do remember what happened to the last customer service rep.

Maybe she got to envolved?????

Also you have to remember that the dealerships are in all reality franchises of GM. They spend a lot of money with GM , however NOTHING gets paid WITHOUT THE CUSTOMER. GM seriously needs to set some ground rules for there outlets. Featuring dealers who CAN afford to extend proper courtesy and service.
    Laura from Customer Service here is an actual person she called me last Wed within minutes of starting her work day to help resolve my problem along with calling the dealership I was having a problem with.
    While also forwarding my case to a regional rep and ect.
    The rep contacted me Friday when Laura said she would even though it was a 4 day holiday weekend for most or some people and I wasn't honestly expecting it until Monday.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK

Laura from Customer Service here is an actual person she called me last Wed within minutes of starting her work day to help resolve my problem along with calling the dealership I was having a problem with.
    The rep contacted me Friday when Laura said she would even though it was a 4 day holiday weekend for most or some people and I wasn't honestly expecting it until Monday.
    That's actually cool....not trying to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07 View Post
    That's actually cool....not trying to offend.
    No offence taken I just thought I would mention it.

Now whether the dealership actually does what they say they are going to do is a different story

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Hi CTSCHICK,

I am glad to hear the rep contacted you on Friday. I always try to help where I can. You know how to reach us in the near future if any other questions or concerns arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I have picked up my car late last week before our holiday. They put in a remanufactured transmission. So far I have made it through the weekend...but I never drove my car after I got it home and I still have not driven it today.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

I have picked up my car late last week before our holiday. They put in a remanufactured transmission. So far I have made it through the weekend...but I never drove my car after I got it home and I still have not driven it today.
    Wow, although I think you should get a whole new one a rebuilt one from a plant is leagues better then one rebuilt by th monkey at your dealership who've probably rebuilt 3 the whole year (yours).

My rationale on the reman tran is that those who rebuild transmissions do it every day all day. Like you said, OMG, it wasn't rebuilt by a monkey who did it for 2 or 3 times in his lifetime
    MoFex likes this.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

My rationale on the reman tran is that those who rebuild transmissions do it every day all day. Like you said, OMG, it wasn't rebuilt by a monkey who did it for 2 or 3 times in his lifetime
    Factory reman Transmissions are as good as new ones. They replace all wear parts and bearings, etc. They also have the equipment to fully test is before it's shipped to a dealer. As stated above, dealer techs are not rebuilding trans on a daily basis and do not have the equipment to fully test it prior to re-installing it in your car!

Marv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.