Cadillac Transmissions Suck - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Transmissions Suck in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thank you for clarifying for me, tinman. I appreciate it as I have not been involved in this process and ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Cadillac Transmissions Suck

Thank you for clarifying for me, tinman. I appreciate it as I have not been involved in this process and am just coming into it now.

I am going to be notifying my department head of this situation so that we can get you to the proper channel for assistance. Again, our deepest apologies that this has been such an ordeal.

Regards,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    I can't believe this. I certainly wasn't expecting your transmission to fail yet again. That dealer should be banned from repairing cars. You do deserve better and am hoping they do the right thing and take the damn car back for analysis or whatever they want to do with it. (except for reselling it of course) This may help make my decision for my next car too...if they can't back their product, why take the chance of buying another one as it could be a lemon.

A sincere good luck to you sir!
    tinman, C "T" ess and RAB like this.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Cadillac needs to clean up stuff like this if they expect to sell the next generation of CTS at the prices they are asking for.
    RAB likes this.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I think it's the dealer's fault for not properly repairing the trans the first time. While I wouldn't expect a trans failure, it does happen but a dealer should have fixed it right the first time. I'm pretty sure there are no longer any field reps to intervene in these problems. I had a neighbor who was the factory rep for the Corvette platform for Florida. There is no longer such a position and he has since transferred back to Michigan.
    I'm curious; has anyone, anyone at all ever receive any help from Cadillac Customer service other than lip service. I called the Cadillac number and they answered Chevrolet Customer service, so you are obviously calling a Call Service in who knows where. Tinman didn't you say this was elevated to someone who was going to assist you furthere and now all of a sudden they want to elevate this to someone who can hlp you.
    As several others have said, I would try another dealer. Jax has to have more than one. Like I said at this point it's a lack of service knowledge than the trans. Come on down here we have two great dealers with in 15 minutes of each other.

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

tinman...I know from a previous post that you and I have been using the "paddles" more often. Cadillac put them there for a reason, but I wonder if the V6 trannie isn't strong enough for manual shifting. I've been here for 2.5yrs and haven't seen a post yet bout trans problems as bad as yours. Matter of fact, this is the first one that I can remember on the non V board for the '08-'13 cars. Sounds like 2 of the 3 repairs are dealer issues to me. Good luck tinman...you'll get it right.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I was just told that they are going to give me a "new" transmission. It is obvious that they cannot properly repair a trans, and by now they should be pretty good at pulling it out and putting it back in, so there is hope there.

C"T"ess, Laura "escalated my problem up a level to a "Lauren". The rest is lip service. I have not received any further help from the Customer Service on this Forum. As nice as they are, nothing was accomplished. Nothing.

I even had problems with the Cadillac Concierge as well. That, truly, was a major joke. No Mobile Service Technicians to check me out and help me? In Jacksonville? I know we are in the top 50 in population, so we aren't some backwater 'burg, but on one can help me? Cadillac is a shield and a logo, and I hope it is not the standard of the world. If it is then this world is in trouble.

We have a new player in town for service, a large dealer who I will try next time. Claude Nolan Cadillac is not the answer. Fields Cadillac will be out of my way, but I will try them next time. I took it back to Claude Nolan Cadillac because I love getting abused and mistreated. But since they were the ones who screwed me the first time AND the second time, well, you don't change (penis's) in the middle of a (fornication).

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

It is my opinion and only mine; I wouldn't go back to the same dealer. If they screwed it up three times what makes you so sure they won't mess up a new one. To be certain it just your car with these problems, i let another dealer take a crack at it.

I had the damn car towed into my loser Cadillac dealer, Claude Nolan Cadillac.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Is it possible that the problem isn't the transmission itself but some other component that's putting undue strain on the transmission?

The only thing I can think of is my right foot, my right hand and what's in between.

----------

Seriously, what could it be? Guys and gals track their cars with no issues. I don't rag my car or "drive it like I stole it". I do row thru the gears, but that's in traffic so I don't go nuts. Engine limiter cuts out at max rpm. Why me, Lord?

blunted is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Eldorado , '12 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    cadillac needs to clean up stuff like this if they expect to sell the next generation of cts at the prices they are asking for.
    x1000000000000
    csudhoff likes this.

Update:

Received a call from my stealership. Three working days later my car is ready with a new transmission. Each time the morons had my car in before for the two transmission rebuilds they had it for over two weeks. Now, was it really more economical to rebuild the transmission each of those two times?

I am not angry anymore. It is more of a feeling of, sigh, whatever. Disappointment in Cadillac, the marque and its Customer Service is what I guess it is.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    I hate to say it but it sounds like the dealer was screwing GM out if billable labor hours. The dealers are suckling off the old corporate tit to put it bluntly, and screwing them at the same time! Oh, and screwing their customers too!

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

This entire screw up /storyline here is a sad reflection on the dealership, Cadillac customer service and "the new" General Motors.
    GM is pricing the upcoming 2014 CTS to mimic the prices of the big boys (BMW, M-B, Audi, etc.), but the joke of it is GM/Cadillac is not even in the same league. Cadillac still has a long way to go when it comes to providing proper customer service.
    MoFex likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post

This entire screw up /storyline here is a sad reflection on the dealership, Cadillac customer service and "the new" General Motors.
    GM is pricing the upcoming 2014 CTS to mimic the prices of the big boys (BMW, M-B, Audi, etc.), but the joke of it is GM/Cadillac is not even in the same league. Cadillac still has a long way to go when it comes to providing proper customer service.
    With my past bad dealings with GM dealers, after my car was off B2B I tried to keep my self up to date on what was going on with GM
    I remember reading about GM bragging in the media about hiring a Consulting Firm to look into customer service and dealership experiences.
    I remember them bragging about doing 1000's of mystery shopping and ect..
    Even though I honestly thought it was sad that Gm had to hire a firm to look into something they should have obviously already known.
    It lead me to believe and hope that things would be different now but they are the exact same

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.