weather stripping on passenger side door
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, weather stripping on passenger side door in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The weather stripping on the passenger side door opening (not the door itself), near the top, of my 2012 CTS ...
    tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe

weather stripping on passenger side door

The weather stripping on the passenger side door opening (not the door itself), near the top, of my 2012 CTS Coupe is falling out. I can push it back up but it just won't stay and falls back out. It doesn't come all the way out but if you look through the window you can see it, more than you should. Is there something I can do to fix or do I need to take it to the dealership?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jghiller is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: weather stripping on passenger side door

I have the same problem on my 12 Coupe passenger door rubber molding at top. Dealer quickly readjusted it and inserted it properly but after almost a year, it seems to be starting to pull away again. No issues with window or door closing or leaks but I dont like how it looks. Might have to get it replaced. I will mention to dealer that apparently there are others with same issue for possible followup with GM.

1955CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS4 Coupe

I have the same problem. No water leaks, but I do have some wind noise. It is defiantly different from the drivers side. I haven't had a chance to have the dealer look at it but that will be done on my next service/tire rotation/swap.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

As the rubber gets older and dries out it shrinks. You can get a grease that you can apply that will make it expand again and it should adhere better. The dealership should sell this it is also in the manual. The stuff is really messy and is very water resistant so make sure you have towels or rags handy and clean the rubber throughly before applying. Or you can got to an auto shop and get dielectric grease. Also make sure that the painted edge is squeaky clean. Since is has fallen off the the surface has a layer of dust and dirt that will make it hard for the rubber to grab back on. Overall should be a $2 fix and make the rubber look new again.

tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe

OK, glad others have this problem also. I'm going to the dealership to have them fix it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

tjbennett,

It looks like you're taking the CTS in soon to get the weatherstripping addressed. Please keep us updated on how this goes!

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

1955CTS4,

We're sorry that this concern is surfacing on your 2013, but I see you already have a plan of action to get it looked into. We hope the upcoming visit goes well, but don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

3M weatherstripping adhesive to adhere the rubber to the door frame/body, the factory grease as a release agent for the door
    IIRC the product is 3M # 77

Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Got home from the service department yesterday and noticed the exact same thing on my 2012 coupe, except on the driver's side. Guess that goes on the squawk list for the next service.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.