2012 SW drivers window will not go up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2012 SW drivers window will not go up in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I was waiting in my car while my wife was shopping, all windows down, sun roof opened. She came back ...
    Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

2012 SW drivers window will not go up

I was waiting in my car while my wife was shopping, all windows down, sun roof opened. She came back and went to put up all windows, three went up and my drivers side window would just go up about an inch and then quickly go back down. Looked at the manual and tried to do the reprograming but that didn't work. Any body have any ideas? This is the first issue I have had with my CTS since new in Feb 2012.
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    This happened to me when I had my Maxima...turned out to be a window regulator malfunction. I was covered under warranty at the time but remember it wasn't a very expensive repair. (under 200) Maybe your CTS is running into the same issue.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 base CTS Sportwagon

Re: 2012 SW drivers window will not go up

Could be reversing due to pressure (anti pinch feature). Try grabbing it on the way up and helping it. You finally get to use your warranty.

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

I took my SW to Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI. as my normal dealer Crestview Cadillac service is closed on Saturdays. Let me say they treated me well, got there at 8 and was out of there by 9. It was the regulator and they had them it stock and all is well again with my CTS.
    Great service from Suburban Cadillac, just like I have received over the past 10 years from Crestview Cadillac. Thanks guys on this forum as well.

Tom

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Nice to hear it was a quick fix. Thanks for the update!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wheeler View Post
    I took my SW to Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI. as my normal dealer Crestview Cadillac service is closed on Saturdays. Let me say they treated me well, got there at 8 and was out of there by 9. It was the regulator and they had them it stock and all is well again with my CTS.
    Great service from Suburban Cadillac, just like I have received over the past 10 years from Crestview Cadillac. Thanks guys on this forum as well.

Tom
    Hello Tom,

I’m happy to hear that you were able to get into another dealerships service department on a Saturday and get your vehicle fixed. Especially since it seems like it’s about to rain here in Michigan. I’m glad that you were able to get in and out of the dealership and that you were very satisfied with their service. If you have any further concerns regarding your CTS, please feel free to reach out to us via private message so we can look into it for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.