Should I buy a 2011 CTS coupe? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Should I buy a 2011 CTS coupe? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I now need to qualify my post in #14. My automatic transmission went out again for the THIRD time. Only ...
    tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Should I buy a 2011 CTS coupe?

I now need to qualify my post in #14. My automatic transmission went out again for the THIRD time. Only get a manual transmission.

al williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 coupe-- manual shift-- 1 of 65 built.

jtb: If the car you are considering came with 19" wheels, then it is the FE3 suspension with staggered tires and slightly different swaybars from FE3 in the sedan to account for the difference in tire sizes. Axle ratio is 3.73 rather than 3.42 in the sedans so it will feel a bit quicker than a sedan. (Camaro also usually has a numerically lower axle ratio.) The roof and seats are lower than the sedan.
    EVH5150 likes this.

kalfonse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm reading all this input bc I am looking to buy a 2014 coupe. There are so many things I'm considering but I'm going for black even though its masculine. I love this car. Want the saffron interior but it's only available on the V..,,so many things to consider.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

So consider buying a V.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Man do I love the ratio's on our manual coupe's! It feels like a rocket ripping through the gears, and it feels so effortless. I always hear about the automatics upshifting to sixth gear too quickly and to me that would suck a lot of the enjoyment out of our Coupe's, I have heard sport mode drastically changes the upshifting habits of the automatic coupes which is cool and should help the performance and feel of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by al williams View Post
    jtb: If the car you are considering came with 19" wheels, then it is the FE3 suspension with stare alwaysggered tires and slightly different swaybars from FE3 in the sedan to account for the difference in tire sizes. Axle ratio is 3.73 rather than 3.42 in the sedans so it will feel a bit quicker than a sedan. (Camaro also usually has a numerically lower axle ratio.) The roof and seats are lower than the sedan.

----------

Sorry for your problems dude. Funny you said only get the manual, I have preached those exact words to friends and family members for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I now need to qualify my post in #14. My automatic transmission went out again for the THIRD time. Only get a manual transmission.

CaddyRum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium Coupe

I'm a new member and just traded in my 05 Mustang GT for a Thunder Gray 2011 Premium CTS Coupe. I can honestly say I love my CTS Coupe. I thought I would miss the torque of my Stang but the Coupe gets up and moves. Now I'm looking for bolt on mods to inhance performance. Also looking for brake upgrade parts.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Congrats and welcome to the coupe club!

P.S. Nice choice of color!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Welcome.

I used to have a 2006 Mustang (V6) convertible that was a summer top down car. Traded it in along with my '12 Premium CTS coupe for the V.

I missed having a convertible and about a month ago I picked up a 2011 Mustang GT California Special convertible. It's a nice enough and good looking car, but it's not a V. Back in 2011 the 5.0 was rated at 412hp. Never thought I would ever say that 412 felt "slow".

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your V. You'll love it.

----------

Pictures of the GT/CS. The previous owner removed the GT/CS stripes. Assuming it was so that he could add the 5.0 emblems.

----------

Edit.

Never mind. Believe it or not, I thought I was posting in the V forum.

Nonetheless, my comments still stand. You will love your coupe. Never did I drive a car that got so much attention, and yes, I'm referring t my previous 3.6 coupe.

Congrats again.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the coupe club!

P.S. Nice choice of color!
    Welcome. and don't listen to vfaninva...he's color blind!!! lmao!

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    LOL! You're just jealous 'cause we got two colors for the price of one!
    wcthunder likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.