Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So there's this d-bag coworker of mine who's in love with his turbo 90's sentra. It's a real POS looking ...
    OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip?

So there's this d-bag coworker of mine who's in love with his turbo 90's sentra. It's a real POS looking car but it does haul. Obviously he would win, but he wants to race on the street and that's just dumb. So I said f it. Great lakes dearest July lets go.

So just wondering who's done it, stock? What mods? I'm guessing it's going to pull 16 second 1/4 mile. Thinking I'm going to turn off AWD to see if there will be a difference.

Really don't care about the race. I've been want to have some fun and see if I can hit 100 at least with her for once.

So tell me about your stories!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG
    So there's this d-bag coworker of mine who's in love with his turbo 90's sentra. It's a real POS looking car but it does haul. Obviously he would win, but he wants to race on the street and that's just dumb. So I said f it. Great lakes dearest July lets go.

So just wondering who's done it, stock? What mods? I'm guessing it's going to pull 16 second 1/4 mile. Thinking I'm going to turn off AWD to see if there will be a difference.

Really don't care about the race. I've been want to have some fun and see if I can hit 100 at least with her for once.

So tell me about your stories!
    I don't recall where, but I think I read that the AWD really only results in a .1 second penalty in 0-60 times. It's more a function of the added weight as opposed to power required to drive the wheels. That's probably because the torque distribution varies.

OMG

Re: Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip?

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I don't recall where, but I think I read that the AWD really only results in a .1 second penalty in 0-60 times. It's more a function of the added weight as opposed to power required to drive the wheels. That's probably because the torque distribution varies.
    Which is really impressive considering from what I read here on the forum the AWD is almost 4300lbs vs the 3900lbs of the RWD. I'm guessing the went with more agressive gearing to make up for it which also explains the crappier gas mileage.

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

I recently watched a youtube video of a CTS running a high 14 14.8 maybe (cant recall) and I was pretty impressed.... however there was no description of the mods done to it.

Also....... ya cant turn off AWD...... or did you mean traction control?

If you're planning on running a 16ish of even 15ish kind of time, you wont be hitting 100mph in the quarter either.

OMG

Quote Originally Posted by CTS4MATION View Post
    I recently watched a youtube video of a CTS running a high 14 14.8 maybe (cant recall) and I was pretty impressed.... however there was no description of the mods done to it.

If you're planning on running a 16ish of even 15ish kind of time, you wont be hitting 100mph in the quarter either.
    Dragtimes has a few times posted and they are all high 14's with the AWD 96-98MPH so yeah I won't be hitting 100. But for the RWD. It is possible. User RAB has posted many times about this you simply pull the AWD fuse, keeps all the saftey systems and it becomes 100% AWD.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by CTS4MATION View Post
    -----------------------
    -----------------------
    Sorry CTS4MATION, but you can in fact turn off AWD. Pulling the all-wheel drive fuse causes the system to default to 100% full time rear wheel drive. That's one of the great things about the AWD system on the 2nd gen CTS. The mistake that Cadillac/GM made, imo, was not providing an AWD-RWD drivetrain mode switch inside the cabin.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    Dragtimes has a few times posted and they are all high 14's with the AWD 96-98MPH so yeah I won't be hitting 100. But for the RWD. It is possible. User RAB has posted many times about this you simply pull the AWD fuse, keeps all the saftey systems and it becomes 100% AWD.
    RWD 6-speed manual coupes are definitely the fastest out of the bunch.

I recently had a friend in my car who had that Dyno app on his I phone. For kicks we did a few runs with it and got some great times! 14.4@99mph and worst 14.6@97mph. I should point out this was not done at a real drag strip, so times could be better or worse all depends on track conditions; reaction time to tree, ripping off perfect shifts, etc. I will say I have driven stick almost all my life and therefore I certainly know all the various launching and shifting techniques used by many of those car magazine drivers/reviewers.

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

You can beat his ass. Personally i would leave the AWD in. Power brake that bad boy at about 4 grand and it will launch. Shift it manually and keep the rpms up to maximize horsepower. You probably wont come out of fourth and you will definitely tip 100. Have fun, but don't break it! low 14's for sure.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    (skip) I should point out this was not done at a real drag strip, so times could be better or worse all depends on track conditions; reaction time to tree, ripping off perfect shifts, etc. (skip)
    Just an FYI ... reaction time has nothing to do with ET.

Click HERE for some ET's on DragTimes. Not quite as quick as my '98 Regal GS that I owned before our CTS.

Agreed. A POS Nissan Sentra don't make me laugh, this race shouldn't even be close. A 90's Sentra isn't even worth a couple hundred bucks, what a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    You can beat his ass. Personally i would leave the AWD in. Power brake that bad boy at about 4 grand and it will launch. Shift it manually and keep the rpms up to maximize horsepower. You probably wont come out of fourth and you will definitely tip 100. Have fun, but don't break it! low 14's for sure.

----------

Good point. That must have been a quick Buick. I consider anything in the 14's very quick for any type of upscale luxury car. Muscle type cars are a whole different animal of coarse so I am sure 13's should be the norm for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMill View Post
    Just an FYI ... reaction time has nothing to do with ET.

Click HERE for some ET's on DragTimes. Not quite as quick as my '98 Regal GS that I owned before our CTS.

OMG

Agree that those 90's Sentras are POS's but their engines are very boost friendly. His LOOKS like a junker too, but I've risen in it and it will do 13's I'm pretty sure depending on how he hooks up. Not really all to concerned about beating him. I've had a faster car than him in the past and could've chose to have one again but chose the CTS as more practical alternative. Thanks for all the tips and advice guys I'll definitely post up pics and results when the day comes along.

Also if anyone here on the forum wants to join in feel free! It will be in the middle of July, most likely the 17th at Great Lakes Dragway in Wisconsin.

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Sorry CTS4MATION, but you can in fact turn off AWD. Pulling the all-wheel drive fuse causes the system to default to 100% full time rear wheel drive. That's one of the great things about the AWD system on the 2nd gen CTS. The mistake that Cadillac/GM made, imo, was not providing an AWD-RWD drivetrain mode switch inside the cabin.
    OK, by pulling a fuse.... I was thinking as if there were some magical OEM button/switch to do this that mine didnt have. However I was unaware about pulling the fuse..... Thats nice to know for sure!

OMG

I should correct he actually drives a 97 maxima. He's apparently going around asking others to come watch him kick my ads. Guy's a bigger tool then I thought. This should be fun.

I should correct he actually drives a 97 maxima. He's apparently going around asking others to come watch him kick my ads. Guy's a bigger tool then I thought. This should be fun.
    That's almost as funny as a 90's Sentra. I think those came stock with a 3.0L 180-200HP, I could be wrong though. Not even close to the beauty that is the Cadillac CTS!

----------

You should tell him his POS is beneath you, and why would I risk my Beautiful Cadillac against such a piece LOL! Tell him he's bringing a knife to a gun fight lol.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post

That's almost as funny as a 90's Sentra. I think those came stock with a 3.0L 180-200HP, I could be wrong though. Not even close to the beauty that is the Cadillac CTS!

----------

You should tell him his POS is beneath you, and why would I risk my Beautiful Cadillac against such a piece LOL! Tell him he's bringing a knife to a gun fight lol.
    More like a stick or rock to a gunfight...lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.