Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Ha ha ha! Nice one my friend, I can't believe the kind of money people dump in these sh-tty old ...
    EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Re: Soooo who's taken their CTS4 to the drag strip?

Ha ha ha! Nice one my friend, I can't believe the kind of money people dump in these sh-tty old dime a dozen type of cars. I just laugh when people talk about all that rice crap such as; my 1997 Maxima/Sentra has boost, CAI, stupid loud exhaust, and various silly stickers. The bottom line is we drive a mother F--king Cadillac! All that tuner sh-t is and should be beneath us.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    More like a stick or rock to a gunfight...lol.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    ^^^ I hate it too. We get a lot of that around here...they just can't play with the big boys and their toys! lol

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I hear you brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    ^^^ I hate it too. We get a lot of that around here...they just can't play with the big boys and their toys! lol

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

I asked him to confirm if he's still going and he said yeah but he's looking for a set of slicks. I'm like DOOD if you really have 400+HP as you claim and you need slicks to guarantee a victory against me you have other problems. I then busted his bubble to let him know that they won't let you run slicks against street. So now he's looking for Radials. LOL. As my other coworker said "you've been breathing too much exhaust fumes" (His turbo manifold had a crack and it was leaking into the car cabin. LOL)

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG
    I asked him to confirm if he's still going and he said yeah but he's looking for a set of slicks. I'm like DOOD if you really have 400+HP as you claim and you need slicks to guarantee a victory against me you have other problems. I then busted his bubble to let him know that they won't let you run slicks against street. So now he's looking for Radials. LOL. As my other coworker said "you've been breathing too much exhaust fumes" (His turbo manifold had a crack and it was leaking into the car cabin. LOL)
    Slicks on the front wheels?

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Slicks on the front wheels?
    Yup. Common with the high HP FWD cars (Cobalt SS and many modded civics). They just need something to make up for the lack of traction. But they also are limited because they can't go very wide. I've rode in his maxima. Between the turbo lag and the lack of traction he will need every advantage to not get embarrased.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.