Extended Warrantee
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Extended Warrantee in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just purchased 2010 CTS AWD 31,000 miles. Since I am now owner. will Cadillac automatically send me a option to ...
    jpamea is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury

Extended Warrantee

Just purchased 2010 CTS AWD 31,000 miles. Since I am now owner. will Cadillac automatically send me a option to buy an extended warrantee once the original 3yr/36000K expires? Anyone have any suggestions on the best extended coverage to purchase?

Thanks, jerry

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Your Cadillac warranty is 4yrs/50k not 3/36

Secondly of you're looking for extended warranty I'd suggest the gm warranty GMPP.

law87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Extended Warrantee

Quote Originally Posted by jpamea View Post
    Just purchased 2010 CTS AWD 31,000 miles. Since I am now owner. will Cadillac automatically send me a option to buy an extended warrantee once the original 3yr/36000K expires? Anyone have any suggestions on the best extended coverage to purchase?

Thanks, jerry
    While I dont have first hand experience but I been doing extensive research on Route 66 warranty, you may want to look into it, probably cheaper.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks, jerry
    Hello Jerry,

You are able to purchase an extended warranty. You are supposed to do that before your warranty on your vehicle expires. In regards to purchasing an extended warranty, the GMPP is a great one to look at. The site, www.gmprotectionplan.com goes into detail about the GMPP. If you have other questions or concerns, please private message me.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

There is some info somewhere on this or the CTS-V forum about the gmpp. There is a certain dealer who has the best discounts. Worth it to search it.

----------

Basic 4 year / 50,000 miles
    Free Maintenance N/A
    Drivetrain 5 year / 100,000 miles
    Roadside 5 year / 100,000 miles
    Rust 6 year / Unlimited miles

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2010/...#ixzz2Wm0qiTyJ

Bloated ComputerTech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here is your guy for GMPP
    Dennis Fichtner of Fichtner Chevrolet
    Finance Manager
    Phone : 406-628-4618
    dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I've had two gmpp warranties that I purchased from David Fitchtner. He has the best price. Much cheaper than your local dealer and it's the same exact coverage; the very same product.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

I was going to post a thread on this eventually but figured I'd get your input now. I bought a new 2012 CTS in February of 2012. I already have 30,000 miles on it. So im going to exceed the 50k miles for the bumper to bumper in 8-10 months from now. Im trying to figure out whether its worth it or not to go for the extended warranty. Powertrain is covered until 100k so I don't have to worry about that yet, but looking at gmpp website is only making me more confused. What level of protection would fit? It seems like the basic plan protects against what Ill still be covered by under the powertrain warranty

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    I suggest the GMPP major guard. That's the best from GMPP, and when I shopped around I went to 3 dealers and talked to the service writers and they said they are easy to work with, where other warranty companies can make it difficult. If you buy, buy before you get 36,000 miles as their pricing goes up after that. Good Luck! I went through Greg Bell Chevrolet. They can no longer sell into my state as Idaho wanted to make sure they got their sales tax I guess. Also Blacks Cadillac has been mentioned before, but they knew they couldn't sell in my state, luckily when I bought mine Bell didn't know they couldn't.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

One important factor; when you buy an extended warranty, the mileage goes back to the in service mileage.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    One important factor; when you buy an extended warranty, the mileage goes back to the in service mileage.
    Hmm...extended warranty price is determined, in part, by elapsed time and miles from in service date; but coverage is effective from its purchase date and added to then current odometer miles. For example, my 2008 CTS in service date is 12/05/2007, and on 01/27/2011 at 23.9Kmi, I purchased 56Kmi/84mo GMPP Major Guard coverage expiring at 79.9Kmi or on 01/27/2018, whichever comes first.

C t ess is right in certified pre owned warranties though cadillac. 928s is right for aftermarket

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

Citabria, thanks for your clarification.
    I thought the OP and others were talking aftermarket extended warranty, not CPO.

Quote Originally Posted by 928S
    Citabria, thanks for your clarification.
    I thought the OP and others were talking aftermarket extended warranty, not CPO.
    I thought so too. I have a 2010 CPO car which is 100k or 6 years from in service date. I also have a 2009 car with GMPP which is 5 years from date of purchase of warranty or 72000 additional miles or in my case December 2017 or 108000 on the odo.

MBambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sportswagon AWD Premium

I just bought a 5 year extension & 75,000 mile cap Premier policy (matches factory warrantee) from USAA with no deductible for $2004. It is sub-contracted to Assurant Protective Service. I assume that anyone USAA associates with is an upstanding company. GMPP & Warrantee Auto Protect both quoted $26-2700 with Endurance wanting $3200!

----------

I believe a CTS 2010 warrantee is for 4years and 50K miles full coverage along with 5 years and 100K on the drive train. and not 3 & 36K.

Thanks, jerry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.