Gettiing ready to buy a used 08 - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Gettiing ready to buy a used 08 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Sal33n It had 90k miles on it which you may think is high but the CPO warranty ...
    law87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Gettiing ready to buy a used 08

Quote Originally Posted by Sal33n View Post
    It had 90k miles on it which you may think is high but the CPO warranty totally was worth it. A few weeks after I got it the interior lights would not turn off if you open the driver door. Took in in under warranty which they replaced the electronic lock assembly and fixed it. While there they also noticed a leak from the front engine cover which I did not know about because there was no dripping just as you describe. Upon teardown to fix it they also replaced the timing chains, replaced the water pump and replaced the camshaft thrust washers because endplay was a little out of spec. Now mind you the car was driving like an absolute dream and I had no idea about the leaks or timing chains loose. The cost to me was $0. I have no idea how much it would have cost me if I didn't have the CPO warranty. My car still looks brand new and even still smells new inside. It drives like a brand new car even with the miles. Steering is tight and straight. And yes it also has the panoramic roof
    ----------

By the way, CPO stands for Certified Pre-Owned.
    there is no way I can find a deal like that in Baltimore. I do have route 66 signed up which kind of put my mind at ease, its going to give me factory warranty till 100k then from there on they only worry about power train to 120k I believe. 1900 for the warranty, pretty good reviews on the net so far and its recommended by a the bank that loan me the money for the car.

Sal33n is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    You would have had a few thousand dollars in your repairs, Sal33n.
    Yikes!!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by law87 View Post
    there is no way I can find a deal like that in Baltimore. I do have route 66 signed up which kind of put my mind at ease, its going to give me factory warranty till 100k then from there on they only worry about power train to 120k I believe. 1900 for the warranty, pretty good reviews on the net so far and its recommended by a the bank that loan me the money for the car.
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=3&Log=0

2 hours away, I live alone lol Towing my old car back to my home probaly cost a grand hahah.

Sal33n is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4

Do you have a pic of the car you want to buy? Also is it AWD or RWD?

Do you have a pic of the car you want to buy? Also is it AWD or RWD?
    I dont, its AWD. doesnt really matter I dont expect Caddi AWD to be functional like a Subaru. Not a deal breaker to me.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

It had 90k miles on it which you may think is high but the CPO warranty totally was worth it. A few weeks after I got it the interior lights would not turn off if you open the driver door. Took in in under warranty which they replaced the electronic lock assembly and fixed it. While there they also noticed a leak from the front engine cover which I did not know about because there was no dripping just as you describe. Upon teardown to fix it they also replaced the timing chains, replaced the water pump and replaced the camshaft thrust washers because endplay was a little out of spec. Now mind you the car was driving like an absolute dream and I had no idea about the leaks or timing chains loose. The cost to me was $0. I have no idea how much it would have cost me if I didn't have the CPO warranty. My car still looks brand new and even still smells new inside. It drives like a brand new car even with the miles. Steering is tight and straight. And yes it also has the panoramic roof

----------

By the way, CPO stands for Certified Pre-Owned.
    Hello Sal33n,

I am happy to hear about your situation. Glad to know repairs were done by the dealership to fix these concerns and you were covered through the CPO warranty. I bet you were happy about that! Continue to enjoy your Cadillac

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Whether it's it's a weep or a leak, it will manifest itself into a larger problem. I know off no extended warranty the will pay for new seals, they are considered maintenance. Keep in mind that a rear main seal means the engine has to come out. It sounds like you are dead set on this car, so at this point nothing anybody on the forum says will change your mind.You asked for advice and every response has been the same; walk away from the car We have all been CTS owners, I'm on my fourth. Buy the the car and good luck. Whatever you save put it in the bank, you'll need it.
    tinman and snafu like this.

does anyone know if the rear seat fold back on the 1SA model?

Took a test drive again, there was noise coming from the panoramic roof (wind noise) unacceptable. among other things but thank you all for your help, and the search continues.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    You'll find one. Glad your staying away from the first...

Even if you have to travel two hours, you may have a friend that can drive you in exchange for a couple of beers (after the trip of course)

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess
    Even if you have to travel two hours, you may have a friend that can drive you in exchange for a couple of beers (after the trip of course)
    and after the sale...lol. That's more like a 6 pack too

does anyone know if you can pay extra to extend the CPO warranty?

you can purchase an extended warranty from GM; GMPP or after market provider. Route 66 is the one most often mentioned but I know nothing about them.

JCBCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Base Manual Tran

Not sure where you are in the search but I have an 08...no seepage but the car burns a quart and a half between oil changes (about 7000 miles) VERY COMMON WITH THE V-6. Oil level a little low does not mean there is anything wrong...just depends if the owner has topped it off lately.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.