HDD softkey on NAV screen 2013 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, HDD softkey on NAV screen 2013 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just purchased new 2013 CTS and recorded my music files from USB to the HDD but when selecting HDD source, ...
    07cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts

HDD softkey on NAV screen 2013 CTS

Just purchased new 2013 CTS and recorded my music files from USB to the HDD but when selecting HDD source, only the playlist softkey at the bottom of the nav screen works. The others, Songs, Albums, Artists just go blank for a few seconds when touched. I can still access these lists through the center screen control. These softkeys work however when selecting AUX as source. Anyone have this too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: HDD softkey on NAV screen 2013 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by 07cts View Post
    Just purchased new 2013 CTS and recorded my music files from USB to the HDD but when selecting HDD source, only the playlist softkey at the bottom of the nav screen works. The others, Songs, Albums, Artists just go blank for a few seconds when touched. I can still access these lists through the center screen control. These softkeys work however when selecting AUX as source. Anyone have this too?
    Hello 07cts,

Congrats on your new CTS! I hope you are enjoying it Do you have the CUE system or the non-CUE? I am just wondering so I can provide you with the correct general support phone number who will be able to further assist you with this.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 07cts
    That's how I believe it works. Turn the dial around the center menu button. You will then get a menu that allows you to select by title, artist, album, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    That's how I believe it works. Turn the dial around the center menu button. You will then get a menu that allows you to select by title, artist, album, etc.

Yes it works that way but not if you press the softkeys on the bottom of the screen. The softkeys on the bottom do work in AUX though which makes me feel something is odd.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello 07cts,

Congrats on your new CTS! I hope you are enjoying it Do you have the CUE system or the non-CUE? I am just wondering so I can provide you with the correct general support phone number who will be able to further assist you with this.

Laura M.
    The 2013 CTS does not have CUE

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

And thanks gods for that!

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

You're absolutely right -- those buttons at the bottom of the audio screen don't do anything AFAIK (except for the random and playlist buttons). Moreover, the way the thing work is very poorly explained in the manual.

Here's how to access the lists of songs, albums, artists -- just touch the large button in the middle of the screen, as shown below, and you'll get another menu that lets you select a list of artists, etc.:

Soft Keys.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    And thanks gods for that!
    Agreed!

I didn't like it either nor many of the other changes in direction Cadillac has chosen to follow in 2014. Skip the arcade and just give me the tried and true mechanical controls particularily when it's -45C in the dead of winter y

----------

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    You're absolutely right -- those buttons at the bottom of the audio screen don't do anything AFAIK (except for the random and playlist buttons). Moreover, the way the thing work is very poorly explained in the manual.

Here's how to access the lists of songs, albums, artists -- just touch the large button in the middle of the screen, as shown below, and you'll get another menu that lets you select a list of artists, etc.:

Attachment 117298
    Yes I can either access those functions by pressing in the center of the screen or using the round menu dial but what makes it odd is that all those bottom buttons do work in AUX mode with USB connected?

One thing you may not be aware of is that the car's 40GB HDD holds only 9GB of music as the rest is allocated to the NAV system and data. A thumb drive in the USB port can hold much more, obviously -- I have a 32GB drive in it filled with music.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    One thing you may not be aware of is that the car's 40GB HDD holds only 9GB of music as the rest is allocated to the NAV system and data. A thumb drive in the USB port can hold much more, obviously -- I have a 32GB drive in it filled with music.
    Yes I did read that and also use a 32GB USB but I don't like how long it takes to read and scan I'd tags after I take it out to add more songs.

Agreed -- very slow. But there's always the radio while you're waiting.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 07cts View Post
    Yes it works that way but not if you press the softkeys on the bottom of the screen. The softkeys on the bottom do work in AUX though which makes me feel something is odd.

----------

Hello 07cts,

The Infotainment Customer Support Group can be reached at 855-478-7767, Hours of operation: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST, Seven days a week. I hope this helps! Please reach out to me again via private message if other concerns or questions arise.

Regards,

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.