ATS in black/white camo on the road still?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, ATS in black/white camo on the road still? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; OK, so I'm driving home from work last week in Pittsburgh and it was about 7:20-ish as I crossed the ...
    HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

ATS in black/white camo on the road still?

OK, so I'm driving home from work last week in Pittsburgh and it was about 7:20-ish as I crossed the West End Bridge. This bridge has a decent crown, so you really can't see more then halfway across. Over the crown of the bridge I see a camouflaged car like all the spy photos we see online. This was the black and white straight lines. The grill area was covered in a black screening cloth. As we were both doing 35-40, the look see I got was very quick, but it was a Cadillac ATS. At first I thought it might be a CTS, but I determined that by the fact it was smaller and the location for the Cadillac logo was centered in the grill area, not up into the hood trim like what's been shown on the new CTS. I have no idea how many doors it had, but it was an ATS.

Does anyone know why an ATS would be on the road in full camo? And in Pittsburgh? There's no car shows or anything I'm aware of...maybe visiting a dealership, but why in camo?

It was neat to see, but odd at the same time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: ATS in black/white camo on the road still?

Could have been an ATS-V or ATS coupe. Or maybe it's just a mule they're continuing to use for other purposes (updated software configurations or things that would change independently of the stock hardware configuration).

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

I agree with reciprocity. Probably an ATS-V or ATS coupe. I see camo'd all the time here in the LAX area of Los Angeles. Probably because Honda and Toyota have operations nearby. I always wonder what non-enthusiasts think when they see a camo'd vehicle cruising down the road next to them.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Maybe the car was en route to a cross-country destination and being used by the Manufacturer for real-world testing? I agree, it was likely an ATS "V-Series" or ATS Coupe version. Last July, I posted an Opulent Blue ATS Sedan I saw parked in downtown Pittsburgh on a Saturday, wearing Manufacturer's plates. The production ATS was not at dealerships for at least two or three more months . . .

Vanilla Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon

Pittsburgh is a great place to test cars. Bad roads, lots of hills. Cars really get a workout. Saw a Buick Encore in camo almost 2 years ago roaming the streets of Pittsburgh. Not really an uncommon site.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Naw, Vanilla Wagon, I gotta disagree with you and agree with the OP. Why would anybody want to be in Pittsburgh?

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

ATS-V or ATS V-Sport?

Vanilla Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Naw, Vanilla Wagon, I gotta disagree with you and agree with the OP. Why would anybody want to be in Pittsburgh?
    Sure beats Florida. Only good thing in Florida is Disneyworld. You can keep the oppressive heat, yearly hurricanes, the unexpected sinkhole and all the bugs. Give me Pittsburgh anytime.
    HurstGN likes this.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Wagon

Sure beats Florida. Only good thing in Florida is Disneyworld. You can keep the oppressive heat, yearly hurricanes, the unexpected sinkhole and all the bugs. Give me Pittsburgh anytime.
    Agreed except there are TWO good things in Florida: Key West and Disney World!

Disneyworld is good?

We know the Bruins are!

----------

It seems that most of the problems created by mother nature are everywhere else but in Florida. Floods along the Mississippi, Tornadoes in the Midwest, Hurricanes along the Eastern Seaboard. We may have been lucky over the last decade, but it hasn't been too bad here.
    Remember, I am in the very northeast portion of Florida. We get seasons here so, yes, it is hot in the summertime (well, ah, yeah), but October to May is fantastic. You have winter, we have summer. Life is a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Disneyworld is good?

We know the Bruins are!

----------

It seems that most of the problems created by mother nature are everywhere else but in Florida. Floods along the Mississippi, Tornadoes in the Midwest, Hurricanes along the Eastern Seaboard. We may have been lucky over the last decade, but it hasn't been too bad here.
    Remember, I am in the very northeast portion of Florida. We get seasons here so, yes, it is hot in the summertime (well, ah, yeah), but October to May is fantastic. You have winter, we have summer. Life is a compromise.
    What's the temp down there in the winter? We'd probably call them fall temperatures

Hey, I'm a transplanted Yankee, so I know what you're talking about.

Winter gets to freezing overnight, like 30 degrees F., then it warms up to 50 - 60 during the sunny days. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Hey, I'm a transplanted Yankee, so I know what you're talking about.

Winter gets to freezing overnight, like 30 degrees F., then it warms up to 50 - 60 during the sunny days. Nice.
    Yeah, that IS the perfect weather! (not too hot and not too cold) But, I do like the snow too...

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Watch it tinman !! I'll take your oil can away and let Toto piss on you! We'll give you the nickname "rusty".

Hell, I can't move right now with no transmission in my car. Cadillac beat you to it and they pissed all over me already.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.