Weird issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Weird issue in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Yesterday when I got into my 08 DI, my "assisted parking mirror tilt" function moved my rear view mirrors in ...
    anpirz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Weird issue

Yesterday when I got into my 08 DI, my "assisted parking mirror tilt" function moved my rear view mirrors in reverse like its supposed to but left the rear view mirrors in the downward angle. Now, everytime I turn on the car the rear view mirrors tilt down to the ground and stay their, making me adjust every time I turn it on. Is this a short somewhere? Can I DIY this? Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sberl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 DI, 2008 CTS 3.6, 2002 Escalade 6.0

Re: Weird issue

The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I just disabled the tilting and am also interested in a solution.

anpirz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I disabled it too but the mirrors still tilt downwards every time I turn the car on. It's annoying to adjust the mirrors that often

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: Weird issue

I disabled the feature on both my 2008 and 2011 CTS because I find that the mirrors tilt down too far to be of any use when backing up -- I don't need to see the curb by the front passenger door when I'm parallel parking, I want to see what's behind me and where the rear wheel is in relation to the curb. I've found that leaving the mirrors in their normal position is more helpful.

q80rebel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ive had the same issue recently..it was woeking well for over a yea but lately its been getting stuck downwards when I reverse and I have to adjust it when I put it in D.. but I have realized if I put it in gear nd give it sme time before I push gas it actualy idjusts back to normal..so pretty much if I slow down the process from revering then driving it works fine, however that wasnt an issue before

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.