TRANSMISSION POWER FLUSH @ 50K miles - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, TRANSMISSION POWER FLUSH @ 50K miles in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I follow what ever is in the owners manual for maintenance (except I do oil changes every 6500-7k miles). The ...
    dan87951 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Too many cars to list...

Re: TRANSMISSION POWER FLUSH @ 50K miles

I follow what ever is in the owners manual for maintenance (except I do oil changes every 6500-7k miles). The engineers know what the cars require. I changed our diff fluid (front + rear) @ 30k miles and it was pretty bad from the all the break in shavings. I filled it backup with what GM recommended as well. I only do pan drops and change the filter as well. I agree never use a machine to "flush" the system out, that's when problems occur. A simple pan drop and refill is the best method. Those "flush" services leave all the shavings and old filter in the car... to me that's nuts!

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

The transmission filter is supposed to get changed after the flush is performed.
    Knowing when to do it or when not to do it is the main thing for the safety of the transmission.

I have watched my b.f. do it on friends and neighbors trucks that tow a lot many times.
    Including my own cars.

jimmie jam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS LUXE

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    my transmission dropped out twice in the past 30 days I do believe it has been done for me.
    Don't assume that they changed you fluid. They will often just put the "old" fluid back in. Case in point, I had my C6 in for the common oil pan gasket leak. Since they have to drop the complete front suspension to get at it the service also calls for an allignment as the last part of this procedure. At the time of this service my one year was up on the oil/filter (oil/filter change is per DIC or 12 months, whatever comes first). He said we'll "take care of it". Sure, they changed the oil but not the filter thus contaminating the new oil, great. Then they said "yea, we took the front suspension down but put it back the same way so we didn't need to align it". The point here is NEVER "assume" they changed the fluid even though the service calls for it.

lvdw55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, SUNSET BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam View Post
    Don't assume that they changed you fluid. They will often just put the "old" fluid back in. Case in point, I had my C6 in for the common oil pan gasket leak. Since they have to drop the complete front suspension to get at it the service also calls for an allignment as the last part of this procedure. At the time of this service my one year was up on the oil/filter (oil/filter change is per DIC or 12 months, whatever comes first). He said we'll "take care of it". Sure, they changed the oil but not the filter thus contaminating the new oil, great. Then they said "yea, we took the front suspension down but put it back the same way so we didn't need to align it". The point here is NEVER "assume" they changed the fluid even though the service calls for it.
    Good point, NEVER assume. Remember when you ASS/U/ME, you make an ASS/ (out of) U/ (and) ME.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Amazing, simply amazing.

A moot point now. My trans took a third dump inside of 2 months. Now, I am told, a new trans is on order. I presume they include new fluid.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.