Moon roof leaks
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Moon roof leaks in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; i have a 2008 cadillac cts 3.6 di and my moonroof is leaking. i heard that it is a defect ...
  1. #1
    touchdown1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2

    Moon roof leaks

    i have a 2008 cadillac cts 3.6 di and my moonroof is leaking. i heard that it is a defect in the cts model. how do i resolve my issue? thanks, mike

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    70
    Posts
    844

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    There are MANY threads on this topic. Please don't start a new one. Search can be your friend if you use it.

  4. #3
    billeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS 2012 CTS
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    114

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    Old Chinese proverb:

    Never put window in roof.

  5. #4
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,282

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown1999 View Post
    i have a 2008 cadillac cts 3.6 di and my moonroof is leaking. i heard that it is a defect in the cts model. how do i resolve my issue? thanks, mike
    Hello Mike,

    If you private message me with your VIN and current mileage, I am more than happy to further assist you with this concern.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  6. #5
    hauler's Avatar
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moline,IL
    Posts
    512

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    Lots of good information and advice here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-me-about.html

  7. #6
    touchdown1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    hi Laura m. I (PM'd you). I also noticed that the water leaked into the trunk of my 2008 cts. it is damp in the trunk area where I had the water build up in the rear floor and seat. I also noticed the leak in front also. the water build up varies on how the car is parked. it depends on the tilt of the parked vehicle on the street. I have read some of the forums and it has been stated that General Motors is aware of it and they have been addressing the issue on most occasions. I do have a warranty. please help me resolve this issue. thanks, Mike.

    ----------

    thanks hauler for the link. it was helpful

  8. #7
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,282

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown1999 View Post
    hi Laura m. I (PM'd you). I also noticed that the water leaked into the trunk of my 2008 cts. it is damp in the trunk area where I had the water build up in the rear floor and seat. I also noticed the leak in front also. the water build up varies on how the car is parked. it depends on the tilt of the parked vehicle on the street. I have read some of the forums and it has been stated that General Motors is aware of it and they have been addressing the issue on most occasions. I do have a warranty. please help me resolve this issue. thanks, Mike.

    ----------

    thanks hauler for the link. it was helpful
    Hello Mike,

    I see that Laura has responded to your PM and asked you for some additional information. She will be out of the office for the weekend, but I will be sure to pass along the information to her when she gets back on Monday. Thank you very much for your time.

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  9. #8
    jlmhester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    I am having the same type issue with my 2008 CTS. About a month ago I opened the trunk of my car and noticed mildew on a leather jacket that had been stored in it. This prompted me to investigate further. As I removed the contents of my trunk I discovered that the entire floor of my trunk was wet and mildewed. I removed the panel that covers up the spare tire. That entire space under the panel was full of water. It appeared the water was evaporating upward into the trunk causing the trunk floor to be wet and mildewed. I used a shop-vac to remove the water and cleaned my trunk the best I could, thinking it was just a minor mishap. I didn't put anything else back in my trunk. Two weeks later, I opened the trunk and discovered that space was full of water again. I then took it Chevy Dealer I bought it from. The service associate was completely puzzled to why this would be happening. He sent me to a local body shop that they use because they don't do body work the at dealership. The owner of the body shopped looked at my problem and thought that it would be a simple fix, some minor leak around the tail light or something like that. Once he got to my car and tried to fix it, he discovered that it was coming from the moon roof. The actual roof its self was not leaking but the drainage system was not working properly. I was told that the drainage system on my car was a bad/faulty design. They are parts that are not long enough to adequately run the water off, the tubing is the same length that is used with sun roofs( my car has both sun and moon=doubling the size and space) and the flaps at the end of the tubes where the water comes out, don't always open. He also said that it had been leaking for a long time and was by far the worst leak he has every seen. There is significant amount of water damage to my car. He found large amounts of mold or calcium like deposits under the head liner, the rear floor, and in my trunk. Of course my car is no longer under warranty and the dealerships says there is nothing that they can do. I am beyond disgusted with this issue. I understand that issues arise with normal wear and tear on a vehicle, but this is not normal. I can count on one hand how many times the moon roof has been opened. What I don't understand is the fact that the drainage system has failed due to it's inadequate design and no one wants to accept responsibility for it. I am still paying on this car. I bought a Cadillac and I expected Cadillac service. This has not been the case in my situation. I just want someone to make this right or help me with the steps to take to get this taking care of.

  10. #9
    snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    318

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by jlmhester View Post
    I am having the same type issue with my 2008 CTS. About a month ago I opened the trunk of my car and noticed mildew on a leather jacket that had been stored in it. This prompted me to investigate further. As I removed the contents of my trunk I discovered that the entire floor of my trunk was wet and mildewed. I removed the panel that covers up the spare tire. That entire space under the panel was full of water. It appeared the water was evaporating upward into the trunk causing the trunk floor to be wet and mildewed. I used a shop-vac to remove the water and cleaned my trunk the best I could, thinking it was just a minor mishap. I didn't put anything else back in my trunk. Two weeks later, I opened the trunk and discovered that space was full of water again. I then took it Chevy Dealer I bought it from. The service associate was completely puzzled to why this would be happening. He sent me to a local body shop that they use because they don't do body work the at dealership. The owner of the body shopped looked at my problem and thought that it would be a simple fix, some minor leak around the tail light or something like that. Once he got to my car and tried to fix it, he discovered that it was coming from the moon roof. The actual roof its self was not leaking but the drainage system was not working properly. I was told that the drainage system on my car was a bad/faulty design. They are parts that are not long enough to adequately run the water off, the tubing is the same length that is used with sun roofs( my car has both sun and moon=doubling the size and space) and the flaps at the end of the tubes where the water comes out, don't always open. He also said that it had been leaking for a long time and was by far the worst leak he has every seen. There is significant amount of water damage to my car. He found large amounts of mold or calcium like deposits under the head liner, the rear floor, and in my trunk. Of course my car is no longer under warranty and the dealerships says there is nothing that they can do. I am beyond disgusted with this issue. I understand that issues arise with normal wear and tear on a vehicle, but this is not normal. I can count on one hand how many times the moon roof has been opened. What I don't understand is the fact that the drainage system has failed due to it's inadequate design and no one wants to accept responsibility for it. I am still paying on this car. I bought a Cadillac and I expected Cadillac service. This has not been the case in my situation. I just want someone to make this right or help me with the steps to take to get this taking care of.
    Gheesh, what's not to love about a monoparagraph?

    Anyway, check post #2. Dozens of threads about this, just a short search and you'll know everything you could possibly want.

  11. #10
    jlmhester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post

    Gheesh, what's not to love about a monoparagraph?

    Anyway, check post #2. Dozens of threads about this, just a short search and you'll know everything you could possibly want.

    Sorry if my monoparagraph offended you and thanks for the search tip. I did search the forum for threads and yes there is a lot of useful information but not a solution. I have been well educated on the design, function, and proper servicing of my sun/moon roof. This education is a little too late for me. The issue now is the cost of repairing the damage caused by inadequate drainage system. I posted in hopes of finding a recall or some assistance by Cadillac customer service.

  12. #11
    snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    318

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by jlmhester View Post
    Sorry if my monoparagraph offended you and thanks for the search tip. I did search the forum for threads and yes there is a lot of useful information but not a solution. I have been well educated on the design, function, and proper servicing of my sun/moon roof. This education is a little too late for me. The issue now is the cost of repairing the damage caused by inadequate drainage system. I posted in hopes of finding a recall or some assistance by Cadillac customer service.
    Cadillac customer service chimes in on most threads, (including this one). Why not send a PM?

  13. #12
    jlmhester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by snofun3 View Post

    Cadillac customer service chimes in on most threads, (including this one). Why not send a PM?
    Wow.....are you the forum police or what?? Give a break would ya? I did PM them, Thx for all your help and concern :-)

  14. #13
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    70
    Posts
    844

    Re: Moon roof leaks

    jlmhester,

    Snowfun3 is a negative troll, pay no attention to him.

    Now for you, Glad you joined the forum yesterday. But like many new members, you came here too late. Maybe if you had been here before now, you would have already known you need to clean your drain lines and not had the damage. This is a great forum, absolutely full of information.

    Cadillac Customer Service I a member just like you and me. They do monitor the forum and provide assistance when possible, but you could get the same assistance by calling them.

    Again Welcome!

  15. #14
    jlmhester is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    jlmhester,

    Snowfun3 is a negative troll, pay no attention to him.

    Now for you, Glad you joined the forum yesterday. But like many new members, you came here too late. Maybe if you had been here before now, you would have already known you need to clean your drain lines and not had the damage. This is a great forum, absolutely full of information.

    Cadillac Customer Service I a member just like you and me. They do monitor the forum and provide assistance when possible, but you could get the same assistance by calling them.

    Again Welcome!
    Thanks so much for your encouraging words. After reading some of the threads, I've bout figured that I am going to have to pay for this expensive lesson. Up until now I have really enjoyed my car with the exception of locking my self out from time to time, thank goodness for On star. I won't say that I will never own another Cadillac but I will say that I won't have another vehicle with a sun roof. Especially when it serves no purpose for me.

    I have been looking around at other vehicles but it's hard to get one with all the bells and whistles without a sun roof. A sun roof seems to be the standard of a luxury package.

    Thanks again for welcoming me and I truly appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from this forum.

  16. #15
    jeffc83's Avatar
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    1,347
    ^^Welcome to the forum! You're absolutely correct... it's hard to find fully loaded Cadillac without a sunroof let alone other brands. It sucks when you're a person that doesn't really want one too. Good luck with your repair!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting