First time buyer, any help is much appreciated - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which One Should I Buy?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • CTS-4

13 76.47%
  • 328xi/335xi

3 17.65%
  • C300 Benz

0 0%
  • Lexus IS

1 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, First time buyer, any help is much appreciated in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Interesting. I visited the Cars.com ad once again for that branded title '11 CTS4 Premium in Utah and when I ...
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: First time buyer, any help is much appreciated

Interesting. I visited the Cars.com ad once again for that branded title '11 CTS4 Premium in Utah and when I looked at all 32 photos I discovered the car is equipped with Recaro seats along with sport metal pedals. I don't recall Recaros being an option on the 2011 non-V CTS, but there was an option for seats having special seating surfaces with sueded inserts. Are these those seats? I'm guessing no. I'm guessing the Recaros in this car were transplanted from a CTS-V. The seats look very supportive and comfortable - but of course they are, they're Recaros!
    Any thoughts on what's gone on here? If this is some sort of salvaged car they've done a very good job on the interior! (based on these photos).

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    I thought it was an option on the non-v CTS. (I may have read it in one of the sales brochures)

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    I thought it was an option on the non-v CTS. (I may have read it in one of the sales brochures)
    Nope, not for the 2011 non-V CTS. The optional seats featured sueded inserts, but Recaro isn't mentioned in the description. Recaros were said to be only available on the CTS-V in 2011.

Links to 2011 sales brochures:
    2011 Cadillac CTS (Canada): http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2856...m-4-0-meg?da=y
    2011 Cadillac CTS (USA): http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2856...m-3-4-meg?da=y
    2011 Cadillac CTS Sedan Select Specifications: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2856...m-1-1-meg?da=y

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Thanks RAB...it must have just been the inserts then. He (or she) did a very nice job on those seats!

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    For the original poster

I use cargurus.com I get a daily email listing (why i do not know since i have enough of them ....) of all cts vehicles highlighting newly listed as well as price changes. I personally wouldn't give up as there are a bunch out there!

Steelers83186 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Looking for a CTS

I haven't given up just yet... I'm still looking. Haven't found a car I like better(or as much) in this price range yet.

So Would a 09 be alright? Or strictly 10+? Thanks.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    One if my cts vehicles is a premium cts4 with 37000 miles bought used last fall. It really does run well. I'm not staying up at night worrying about timing chains, oil consumption, or u joints, sunroof leaks etc. I am aware of the possibility of problems and will keep my eyes open as every other vehicle has issues too. Remember the Ford Pinto, I saw one today as I laid down 500 miles on the interstate. Right now I couldn't be more pleased! Let me leave it at this, how many times do you go online and post how well your car runs? Not much?? But most will go on line to rant. I did buy a GMPP major guard while still under factory warranty, which is the benefit buying a car still in factory warranty

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.