First time buyer, any help is much appreciated - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which One Should I Buy?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • CTS-4

13 76.47%
  • 328xi/335xi

3 17.65%
  • C300 Benz

0 0%
  • Lexus IS

1 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, First time buyer, any help is much appreciated in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by RAB Hi Jeffc83. Here's the link: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1 Thanks RAB. The shipping alone would kill me...I live in ...
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Thanks RAB. The shipping alone would kill me...I live in PA. Good deal though!

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: First time buyer, any help is much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    Thanks RAB. The shipping alone would kill me...I live in PA. Good deal though!
    Yes, it's a good deal. You could always inquire about the shipping. Who knows, they might help out with that and it could end up being cheaper than you think!

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Gentlemen, in regards to the car link that RAB posted it has a branded title. I would stay away.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by Citabria View Post
    Gentlemen, in regards to the car link that RAB posted it has a branded title. I would stay away.
    Citabria, I don't know what "branded title" means (is it perhaps a former rental car?), but I'm sure your advice to stay away from this one is very sound. That was just one example of several '11 CTS4 Premiums for sale on Cars.com. Most of the other identical model cars listed with low or lower mileage are priced in the high $20K's or more. As always, buyer beware! You've got to check absolutely everything out before buying.

Here us one definition RAB. I think it's probably pretty close but I'm not an expert.

Vehicle title branding is the use of a permanent designation on a vehicle's title, registration or permit documents to indicate that a vehicle has been written off due to collision, fire or flood damage or has been sold for scrap.

The designation or brand is mandatory in most provinces and states in North America when an insurer or vehicle owner writes off a vehicle as a "total loss". Typically this means the cost to repair the vehicle would equal or exceed the car's value, although legal definitions vary.

----------

We are seeing a bunch of superstorm Sandy cars showing up in Idaho and Washington. I also believe branded or salvage means no warranty!

VERY nice catch there! I knew that price was too low for a 2011 Premium...but as RAB said, there are a lot of them to go around right now.

Exactly, I ended up buying 2 for the price if one new! And RAB, are you back in North America?

Steelers83186 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Looking for a CTS

With something under $20,000 being an ideal payment, I mean I could stretch that, but always nice to have some extra spending $$. I'm starting to think I may have to lower my expectations. I guess 20k just doesn't buy as much nowadays....Or wait 6-8 mts and try and save up 5k.

Appreciate all the input on the CTS, probably saved me from buying the 08, it was a really good deal.
    Guess I'll look at a kia now................. (NOT lol)
    Probably look into infinity more, even though don't like as much.
    Thanks!

I would not give up yet. I picked up my 09 cts4 premium last fall off of Craigslist with 31k miles 8 months of factory warranty left for just a few thousand more than you want to pay. It was in an estate and they just wanted to get rid of it. Just keep looking!

RAB

Exactly, I ended up buying 2 for the price if one new! And RAB, are you back in North America?
    Hey there Citabria - good to hear from you. No, I'm not yet back in NA - still overseas. My lovely '11 CTS4 premium sedan is tucked safely away, in sanctuary. Its odometer is presently just over 9,000 KMs (5,592 miles) - probably one of the lowest mileage 2011 CTS4 Premiums in existence. It'll be great to drive it again. I've decided to keep the car for at least 2 more years, and plan to purchase an extended warranty for it sometime in Q2 2014. The factory B-to-B warranty expires in Oct 2014.
    With ALL possible alternatives considered I think a properly equipped 2nd gen CTS is a terrific car to own. Hope you're enjoying your 2 CTS's!!

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

How do you find out if a car has a branded title?

Quote Originally Posted by RAB

Hey there Citabria - good to hear from you. No, I'm not yet back in NA - still overseas. My lovely '11 CTS4 premium sedan is tucked safely away, in sanctuary. Its odometer is presently just over 9,000 KMs (5,592 miles) - probably one of the lowest mileage 2011 CTS4 Premiums in existence. It'll be great to drive it again. I've decided to keep the car for at least 2 more years, and plan to purchase an extended warranty for it sometime in Q2 2014. The factory B-to-B warranty expires in Oct 2014.
    With ALL possible alternatives considered I think a properly equipped 2nd gen CTS is a terrific car to own. Hope you're enjoying your 2 CTS's!!
    I hate to burst your bubble but I just found 6 with lower mileage with you Even found one with "1 mile" on auto trader....lol.

mobile version -http://m.autotrader.com/vdp.html?id=300268140

You are due back home soon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rchern
    How do you find out if a car has a branded title?
    VIN reporting companies such as carfax or autocheck should show vehicle history and title info such as branded, salvage, etc. and a good reputable car dealer should be up front about it too. In the case of the car in the link the dealer was up front and had it in the vehicle description As I said a bunch of flood damaged cars have made there way to the west coast and buyers just need to do their homework. I would stay away while others will embrace the deal they may or may not be getting.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but I just found 6 with lower mileage with you Even found one with "1 mile" on auto trader....lol.

mobile version -http://m.autotrader.com/vdp.html?id=300268140

You are due back home soon, right?
    Jeff, you bubble burster you! LOL! But wait a minute.. are all those 6 cars with lower miles actually CTS AWD Premium models like mine? And equipped with FE5? The Autotrader ID 300268140 car you've referenced that has 1 mile on it is a Performance RWD model. I wonder if that ad is still valid - it shows only MSRP pricing.

I was home recently on a visit (that was great), and I'm due back home for good before too long. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB

Jeff, you bubble burster you! LOL! But wait a minute.. are all those 6 cars with lower miles actually CTS AWD Premium models like mine? And equipped with FE5? The Autotrader ID 300268140 car you've referenced that has 1 mile on it is a Performance RWD model. I wonder if that ad is still valid - it shows only MSRP pricing.

I was home recently on a visit (that was great), and I'm due back home for good before too long. Can't wait!
    Good eye! The others weren't premium models either unless I misread twice on my 4.5" phone. (am upgrading to the note 2 just so I can see the stinking screen...lol) I believe you may in fact have the lowest mileage 2011 CTS including all the goodies I just couldn't resist when you said that.

I'll bet but do enjoy your time there!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.