2014 CTS Has a 7K Price Increase - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS Has a 7K Price Increase in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; And I just got my car back Friday after my French 6 speed tranny dumped twice in the last 30 ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: 2014 CTS Has a 7K Price Increase

And I just got my car back Friday after my French 6 speed tranny dumped twice in the last 30 days.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    And I just got my car back Friday after my French 6 speed tranny dumped twice in the last 30 days.
    how's she driving/feeling? (the car)

She's good so far. The dealer drove it 134 miles. Letter to dealer on Monday. Really. 134 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    She's good so far. The dealer drove it 134 miles. Letter to dealer on Monday. Really. 134 miles?
    For the love of god, find a new dealer if possible. I understand they need to test it but that seems like way too much testing was going on there. But, I'm glad things are well so far!

When I had the tie rod ends replaced on my old maxima, they drive it 68 miles. I complained and got a free oil change the next time I came in...big deal.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones
    One major thing that has bugged me about the article is the statement that the new CTS is 1.5 seconds quicker 0-60. Do they mean the new turbo four is that much faster in relation to the 3.0. I can accept that fact, but if they are talking about the 3.6 which is the majority of CTS models sold, then they are just blowing smoke. I've read numerous sources, and no I have not done an "official" test on my own vehicle, but the 2nd Gen CTS with the 3.6 is suppose to do 0-60 in anywhere from 6.0 seconds flat to 6.3 seconds, depending on the source.
    I noticed that too. I can't imagine the 3.0 was doing 0-60 in 7.5 seconds. The 3.6 is definitely in the low 6s.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

When I was researching CTS's the 3.0 AWD 0-60 was like 7.1 sec after having a loaner 3.0 I can believe it

Z71
    Z71 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD, 2012 Sierra Denali

I had my GMC Sierra into the dealer years ago for a transmission problem (TSB). The dealer owner/sales mgr says, I'll get you a car to use. 5 min later he hands me the keys to this Buick LaSarbe and said, Dave (SM) will call you when your truck is done. I got in and headed home. As I was driving I noticed a coat and some books in the back seat but thought nothing of it as I figured he might have been using it. Later in the day I went to run an errand and spotted the car had regular plates on it and then looked at the stuff in the back seat, checked the glove compartment and found a registration in there with someone's name on it. I figure, OK a recent trade-in.

To make a long story short, he gave me a customers car to use for a day and overnight. No BS, true. When I went to drop off the keys I mentioned to the SM that someone had left a coat and some books in that car. He laughs and says, no thats Joe Somebodys car and he is out of town and left it here to fix. How are the brakes? .

Quote Originally Posted by Z71
    I had my GMC Sierra into the dealer years ago for a transmission problem (TSB). The dealer owner/sales mgr says, I'll get you a car to use. 5 min later he hands me the keys to this Buick LaSarbe and said, Dave (SM) will call you when your truck is done. I got in and headed home. As I was driving I noticed a coat and some books in the back seat but thought nothing of it as I figured he might have been using it. Later in the day I went to run an errand and spotted the car had regular plates on it and then looked at the stuff in the back seat, checked the glove compartment and found a registration in there with someone's name on it. I figure, OK a recent trade-in.

To make a long story short, he gave me a customers car to use for a day and overnight. No BS, true. When I went to drop off the keys I mentioned to the SM that someone had left a coat and some books in that car. He laughs and says, no thats Joe Somebodys car and he is out of town and left it here to fix. How are the brakes? .
    Wow...what a dealer. I wonder how they'd handle it if you were somehow involved in an accident. "I'm sorry Joe Somebody but we loaned your car to someone and they effed it up...lol.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post

I don't know where I read that but I heard the same thing about the 8 speed being "rushed".
    The 2014s have 8 speeds sourced from Aisan 2015 will be from GM

Quote Originally Posted by blankster

The 2014s have 8 speeds sourced from Aisan 2015 will be from GM
    That isn't a good sign...

Bankruptcy forced a delay on the transmission. It was also due on the Corvette. 2014 cts will be unique with that transmission.

Here is info on the Aisin transmission - It is a temporary fix until the GM version is ready:

http://www.sae.org/mags/sve/11942/

It has to be much better than the French tranny. It sounds quite good and promising in the article.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    It has to be much better than the French tranny. It sounds quite good and promising in the article.
    With all the added complexity it improves fuel economy for a whoping 1.5%!

That show how far the manufacturers will go to eek out any type of mpg. Also, the other German luxobarges will have 8 speeds, so the have to follow this trend. But I also found this an amazing minute mpg.

Should be smoother and quieter at highway speeds.

And at 26 mpg, 1.5% amounts to .39 mpg. After you pointed that out, MoFex, like you I shake my head at the complexity and cost.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.