2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by MaxBuck The new CTS has a base price that puts it into direct competition with the BMW ...
    snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    The new CTS has a base price that puts it into direct competition with the BMW 5-series, Jaguar XF, and Audi A6. Unless it provides a truly quantum step up in refinement relative to the current model, it isn't going to do well. Those other automobiles are substantially more refined, comfortable and technologically advanced than the current CTS, in addition to offering much more usable passenger and trunk room.

I hope Cadillac knows what it's doing here, but I'm not optimistic. I look for massive rebates early in the initial model year in order to prop up sales.
    Careful saying this or the fan boys will go all apoplectic. But anyway, you're exactly right - trying to put a CTS into the top echelon is a non-starter, and I agree that you'll see BIG rebates soon after they get launched. The 2nd generation was positioned correctly in the market as far as size and price, but the 3rd generation is just (seemingly) wrong. If they put CUE in it, it'll probably be a huge failure. Apart from the Ford system (and the original idrive), I haven't seen any system so roundly criticized. Even the latest Motor Trend gave the ATS very good marks, but the CUE system got terrible comments.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by snofun3

Careful saying this or the fan boys will go all apoplectic. But anyway, you're exactly right - trying to put a CTS into the top echelon is a non-starter, and I agree that you'll see BIG rebates soon after they get launched. The 2nd generation was positioned correctly in the market as far as size and price, but the 3rd generation is just (seemingly) wrong. If they put CUE in it, it'll probably be a huge failure. Apart from the Ford system (and the original idrive), I haven't seen any system so roundly criticized. Even the latest Motor Trend gave the ATS very good marks, but the CUE system got terrible comments.
    It's pretty evident that you hated your CTS and have nothing positive to say about it or the brand in general, so I'm curious.

Why do you still come here and frequent these boards?

It's evident that you have little respect for the members here calling them fanboys. You rarely have anything positive to say and typically will only participate to pile on when a negative thread starts.

Now before you call me a fanboy, for the record I agree with the poster you quoted (Maxbuck).

Now I'm not saying that you have to be an owner to come back here. I left Acura after 20 years because I felt that they've lost their way from a design standpoint and I have been somewhat critical on Acurazine of the styling of the new RLX, but I still visit and while I do offer criticism, I do try and help and try not to cr@p on people's parade when they talk about their car. Occasionally I will even try to provide what I hope is some helpful input.

Trust me, like I said. I love my car so far but I'm not blind to the fact that I only have 20K miles on it, and I can give you a list of things that I felt they could have done better. I also am still waiting to see if my placing my trust in them after 20 years of Acuras was misplaced or not, but so far so good.

BTW. 20+ years ago I went to Acura after owning a Chevy Blazer that was the biggest turd on wheels. I left and didn't look back. I don't hang around the Chevy message boards implying that the members there are blind lemmings who are clueless for investing their money in such a piece of cr@p and how much more superior my car is.

I've moved on.

Not trying to get into a flame war with you as you and I have never tangled. Just providing another perspective.

Food for thought.
    RAB and Tbbt like this.

proximo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000

The article below highlights some of the concerns from members on this thread and while it discusses the ATS the same argument could be applied to the CTS when it is released:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2e4VPWGYI

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    I wonder if the 2014 CTS will have the "shakes" like some of the ATSs do now. It scared the living sh*t out of me when I test drove one recently...every stop felt like it was giving way and would stall but of course did not. (I'm surprised the dealer was saying they didn't feel it when I returned) Now the first one I test drove a few months back did not have the shaking issue. Both were the 2.0T. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm excited to see how the new CTS looks and feels!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.