2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The value of ours should go up anyways, because ours are clearly better looking than anything coming out in 2014. ...
    mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    The value of ours should go up anyways, because ours are clearly better looking than anything coming out in 2014. Haha! That includes the whole Cadillac lineup, except for possibly anything that has a V badge!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Laura - I am reaching out - as indicated in posts - since 08, the base price has risen $10K and I dont think there are too many folks who have had their paychecks equal that increase. As for me on a fixed budget, the Cadillacs are again out of reach.
    Hello jghiller,

CTS pricing will begin at $46,025, including $925 destination, offering more interior space, horsepower and technology with more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model. The CTS Vsport model starts at $59,995, including $925 destination, and comes equipped with an electronic limited slip differential and eight-speed automatic transmission in RWD only. The car is bigger, has three engine options, a new interior design and updated technology.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello jghiller,

CTS pricing will begin at $46,025, including $925 destination, offering more interior space, horsepower and technology with more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model. The CTS Vsport model starts at $59,995, including $925 destination, and comes equipped with an electronic limited slip differential and eight-speed automatic transmission in RWD only. The car is bigger, has three engine options, a new interior design and updated technology.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Some of the articles I read indicate that the new CTS interior dimensions are little changed from the current generation. Which if true would be a disapointment - Actually rear leg room is more on the 2013 than on the 2014 (36.03 Vs 35.4)

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    Some of the articles I read indicate that the new CTS interior dimensions are little changed from the current generation. Which if true would be a disappointment - Actually rear leg room is more on the 2013 than on the 2014 (36.03 Vs 35.4)
    It surprised me as well. Somehow GM cannot translate larger car outside to the interior space as European and Japaneses. Pity.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Hello jghiller,

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Cadillac Customer Care, I am "reaching out to you" (fyi, that's sarcasm - can you please stop saying that) to tell you that the 2014 CTS does not offer more interior space. If you're going to post Cadillac model information here, then you, of all people, should get your facts straight. The 2014 CTS absolutely does not offer increased interior space as compared to the 2008-2013 CTS, despite the fact the '14 is a larger (longer) car. Disappointing. And that's one of the main reasons I'm not interested in the new CTS. The other principle reasons are higher price (almost $7K higher for the base car) and inappropriate (read: ugly) rear end styling.
    I think I'll be hanging on to my great looking 2011 CTS for quite a while.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Cadillac Customer Care, I am "reaching out to you" (fyi, that's sarcasm - can you please stop saying that) to tell you that the 2014 CTS does not offer more interior space. If you're going to post Cadillac model information here, then you, of all people, should get your facts straight. The 2014 CTS absolutely does not offer increased interior space as compared to the 2008-2013 CTS, despite the fact the '14 is a larger (longer) car. Disappointing. And that's one of the main reasons I'm not interested in the new CTS. The other principle reasons are higher price (almost $7K higher for the base car) and inappropriate (read: ugly) rear end styling.
    I think I'll be hanging on to my great looking 2011 CTS for quite a while.
    Hello RAB,

The 2014 CTS does have more interior space, although the leg room in the rear of the 2014 is a little less. The front head room in the 2014 is 39.20 inches compared to the 2013 with 38.80 inches. The rear head room in the 14' is 37.50 inches compared to the 13' with 37.20 inches. The shoulder room in the front of the 14' is 56.90 inches compared to 56.73 inches. The shoulder room in the rear of the 2014 is 54.80 inches compared to 54.72 inches. The hip room in the front of the 14' is 53.80 inches compared to 53.74 inches. The hip room in the rear of the 14' is 53.30 inches compared to 52.99 inches. The leg room in the front of the 2014 is 42.60 inches and in the 2013 is 42.44 inches. The 2014 has 35.40 inches in the leg room rear and the 2013 has 36.06 inches in the rear leg room space, which is the only place the 2013 has a little extra space over the 2014 model. The 2014 is longer than the 2013 and also has a larger wheelbase.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I think the '14 CTS may get a bit dinged on rear legroom just like the '13 Chevy Malibu hence the '14 MY improvements (link below). You may see a similar improvements for the 2015 version of the CTS along with a GM sourced 8 speed for all powertrains including AWD (2014 transmission comes from AISIN):

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/06/...ns-its-rivals/

I too thought I could use a bit more rear leg room on my 2010 CTS so I watched with interest for the anticipated '14 "larger" version. I even mentioned to my wife I may get the 2014 CTS because it should offer a little more room in the back. So when I saw slightly less rear leg room plus a delay on the 8 speed transmission of the AWD I began to loose interest. Then when I saw the price increase, I was done. So instead of ordering a 2014, CTS I replaced my Jeep Wrangler for a 2014 version and I'm having a blast with it (when I can pry it out of my daughters hands) .

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Though your government tells you daily that there is no inflation or that it is minimal.
    They lie.
    And yes wages for the workers have been stagnant since 196? or was it 195?
    Hope you all have your alternate plans in place because this show is about over.

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

The lease on my 2011 CTS coupe is up in March and I was looking forward to a 2014 Sedan. Sticker on mine was $49.5K. Seeing that a loaded premium is going to be another 15K (mor or less), I'm out as well. Previously had a 2005, and thought the size of my 2008 sedan was perfect. A guy at work has an ATS, and while it is nice, it is not for me. Time to start planning my departure from Cadillac.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

The new CTS has a base price that puts it into direct competition with the BMW 5-series, Jaguar XF, and Audi A6. Unless it provides a truly quantum step up in refinement relative to the current model, it isn't going to do well. Those other automobiles are substantially more refined, comfortable and technologically advanced than the current CTS, in addition to offering much more usable passenger and trunk room.

I hope Cadillac knows what it's doing here, but I'm not optimistic. I look for massive rebates early in the initial model year in order to prop up sales.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Hello RAB,

The 2014 CTS does have more interior space, although the leg room in the rear of the 2014 is a little less. The front head room in the 2014 is 39.20 inches compared to the 2013 with 38.80 inches. The rear head room in the 14' is 37.50 inches compared to the 13' with 37.20 inches. The shoulder room in the front of the 14' is 56.90 inches compared to 56.73 inches. The shoulder room in the rear of the 2014 is 54.80 inches compared to 54.72 inches. The hip room in the front of the 14' is 53.80 inches compared to 53.74 inches. The hip room in the rear of the 14' is 53.30 inches compared to 52.99 inches. The leg room in the front of the 2014 is 42.60 inches and in the 2013 is 42.44 inches. The 2014 has 35.40 inches in the leg room rear and the 2013 has 36.06 inches in the rear leg room space, which is the only place the 2013 has a little extra space over the 2014 model. The 2014 is longer than the 2013 and also has a larger wheelbase.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hello Laura,

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken - the 2014 CTS does not have more interior space. Several interior dimensions you've listed for the '14 CTS do indicate fractional-inch gains as compared to the '08-'13 CTS Sedan, however the lack of any increase in rear leg room in the '14 car (actually a decrease) represents a problem /probable deal breaker for those looking for a significant increase in rear seat leg room normally afforded by going with a larger car.

According to GM's media website the EPA passenger volume on the 2014 CTS is 97 cu ft.
    >Link: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...fications.html
    The same website states that EPA passenger volume on the 2013 CTS Sedan is 98 cu ft.
    >Link: http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...2013.tab1.html

This means the 2008-2013 CTS Sedan actually has more interior space as compared to the 2014 CTS - albeit only 1 cu ft more, but, in fact, more.

The exterior length of the 2014 CTS is 195.5", and the width is 72.2". EPA trunk volume is 13.7 cu ft.
    The exterior length of the 2013 CTS is 191.3", and the width is 72.5". EPA trunk volume is 13.6 cu ft.
    So.. the exterior of the 2014 CTS is 4.2 inches longer, yet its interior volume is 1 cu ft less than the '08-'13 car and its trunk volume is virtually identical to the '08-'13 car. So where are the additional 4.2 inches put to use in the new longer 2014 CTS? Certainly not in the interior or the trunk.

The fact that the new 2014 CTS is simply longer than the '08-'13 car shouldn't be hyped by Cadillac (and Cadillac Customer Care) if no tangible benefits came out of that increase in length. GM/Cadillac up-sized the exterior of the '14 CTS to better position the vehicle to compete against the E Class, 5 Series, A6 and the like, but unfortunately they neglected to up-size the interior space along the way. That's a sad and puzzling mistake, imo.
    Tbbt likes this.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    RAB

Absolutely agree with you. I have no idea why GM could not design the 14' CTS with more interior space. For me this is a turn off. I will keep my current CTS and if I need a bigger car it for sure won't be the new CTS. Pity.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Apparently, the bean counters insisted on using the ATS alpha platform for the CTS as well and try to pass it off as a competitor to the 5 series, A6 and E-class. So rather than an all new CTS, they made a long wheelbase ATS and put the CTS name on it and $6k on the price tag. That's the same sort of short sighted thinking that took the old GM from 54% market share to bankruptcy. GM management needs to put the bean counters in their place and make a true competitor instead of a cheap imitation one as you can only dupe people for so long until they realize they've been had. I'll pay more for a new CTS but not for a LWB ATS.

Bill
    RAB and MoFex like this.

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS With Sport Perf Pkg

The base 2014 CTS content kinda starts where 2013 CTS Lux or Perf started, but it has the 2.0Turbo at 272HP. Some are not too happy with the 2.0 in the ATS, so it could be sluggish in the new CTS, If you can accept the content of the base 2014 CTS, the price is decent. It's when we want AWD, the 3.6 and some options, that the price goes Nuts. I see dealers stocking lots of Base 2014 CTS, with sales of higher models being low.

The V-Sport is a great idea, between CTS + the V, but the price is at the current V level, so it's out of reach for most.

With the ATS now at a 3-Series and the CTS upscaling to a 5-Series, Cadillac now is in need of a "4-Series" middle MTS, that is an update to the 2008-2013 CTS. Too many people are going to want something sized + priced between ATS + 14 CTS.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by artscadillac
    The base 2014 CTS content kinda starts where 2013 CTS Lux or Perf started, but it has the 2.0Turbo at 272HP. Some are not too happy with the 2.0 in the ATS, so it could be sluggish in the new CTS, If you can accept the content of the base 2014 CTS, the price is decent. It's when we want AWD, the 3.6 and some options, that the price goes Nuts. I see dealers stocking lots of Base 2014 CTS, with sales of higher models being low.

The V-Sport is a great idea, between CTS + the V, but the price is at the current V level, so it's out of reach for most.

With the ATS now at a 3-Series and the CTS upscaling to a 5-Series, Cadillac now is in need of a "4-Series" middle MTS, that is an update to the 2008-2013 CTS. Too many people are going to want something sized + priced between ATS + 14 CTS.
    I see mixed feelings on the 2.0T on the ATS forums.

Biggest complaint is that it idles rough. I think that the CTS with the 2.0T will be a dog even though it may weigh less than the current CTS. Heck, if I was in the market for an ATS The only way I would opt for the 2.0T is if I wanted a manual since a manual isn't offered on the 3.6.

People tried saying that the 3.6 ATS is nose heavy and the 2.0T is more balanced, but I found the specs from Cadillac and the is only .5% difference in weight distribution between the two.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.