08 CTS Engine Light.... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 08 CTS Engine Light.... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by lvdw55 Just brought my car home and happy as a pig in mud! THANK YOU Laura, Gregory, ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 08 CTS Engine Light....

Quote Originally Posted by lvdw55 View Post
    Just brought my car home and happy as a pig in mud! THANK YOU Laura, Gregory, and Reggie at Cadillac Customer Service and CADILLAC OF LAS VEGAS, WEST, notably Mr. Ellis. From start, with the loaner, to finish, COMPLETE satisfaction thus far. I must say I was mostly thinking this was going to be an expensive, very negative experience, but completely to the contrary. Oh, I forget to mention....it was the timing chain and NO out of pocket expense to me. THANKS to all that posted here with helpful information and, again, the above mentioned. CADILLAC ROCKS! The loaner has me thinking.....it was nice! Loved the Black Diamond color. Swore I'd never own another black car here in the desert. Had one previously and was difficult to keep clean (definitely not nice if they're not kept clean). Not only from the dust, but the water spots 'baking' in the paint from the extreme sun.
    Hello Don,

We are just as happy for you! Thanks for shouting out to our team who assisted you throughout this process. Very glad to hear you were so satisfied with the customer service at the dealership and everything worked out for you You know how to contact us if there are ever any other questions or concerns you may have.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Trailmug is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just got done with dealing with timing chain related issues on my 08 DI CTS. I noticed one day near the end of my commute that the engine was significantly down on power. I thought perhaps I was imagining things, but the next morning, P0008 set. I drove the car to work and on an errand or two, and by the time I got back home, the light had gone out. I read on the forum that a dealer had told another CTS owner that the light would have to be illuminated (hard code set) for warranty work. The code cleared itself from history, and I drove for roughly another week, with a few pending P0008 codes and associated loss-of-power events occurring.. but no light. I waited until the light came on again, and drove straight to the dealership on that key cycle. The service tech took down my description, and verified that the CEL was on.

The dealership called me the next day, and informed me that the timing chains needed replacement. I was asked for my aftermarket warranty information. I told the SA that I was reasonably sure that GM special warranty coverage applied to the repair. He said he would do research and call me back. Upon calling back, the SA confirmed my special warranty entitlement, and estimated 3 business days for the repair.

I got the car back in the time promised, and everything seemed normal. Pleasantly, the rather noticeable rough idle (warm, 550-600RPM) I had been dealing with since I bought it at 34k miles (and for which I'd taken the car in for service, resulting in a $99 no-fault-found diag charge) was completely cured. It now idles as well as any V6 I can remember driving, especially given its low idle speed. After taking it easy for a few miles, the car seemed somewhat sluggish off the line, and I wondered if this might be related to any reprogramming related to the timing chain fixes GM has been trying. (Another thread complained of lack of launch power after the recall reprogramming.) I think perhaps that was related to insufficient fuel and/or knock learn time, as with my next tank of gas, the car has never run better.

Based on my experience, cars with notably rough idle may need future timing chain replacement.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmug View Post
    I just got done with dealing with timing chain related issues on my 08 DI CTS. I noticed one day near the end of my commute that the engine was significantly down on power. I thought perhaps I was imagining things, but the next morning, P0008 set. I drove the car to work and on an errand or two, and by the time I got back home, the light had gone out. I read on the forum that a dealer had told another CTS owner that the light would have to be illuminated (hard code set) for warranty work. The code cleared itself from history, and I drove for roughly another week, with a few pending P0008 codes and associated loss-of-power events occurring.. but no light. I waited until the light came on again, and drove straight to the dealership on that key cycle. The service tech took down my description, and verified that the CEL was on.

The dealership called me the next day, and informed me that the timing chains needed replacement. I was asked for my aftermarket warranty information. I told the SA that I was reasonably sure that GM special warranty coverage applied to the repair. He said he would do research and call me back. Upon calling back, the SA confirmed my special warranty entitlement, and estimated 3 business days for the repair.

I got the car back in the time promised, and everything seemed normal. Pleasantly, the rather noticeable rough idle (warm, 550-600RPM) I had been dealing with since I bought it at 34k miles (and for which I'd taken the car in for service, resulting in a $99 no-fault-found diag charge) was completely cured. It now idles as well as any V6 I can remember driving, especially given its low idle speed. After taking it easy for a few miles, the car seemed somewhat sluggish off the line, and I wondered if this might be related to any reprogramming related to the timing chain fixes GM has been trying. (Another thread complained of lack of launch power after the recall reprogramming.) I think perhaps that was related to insufficient fuel and/or knock learn time, as with my next tank of gas, the car has never run better.

Based on my experience, cars with notably rough idle may need future timing chain replacement.
    Hello Trailmug,

Thank you very much for posting your experience with your timing chain issue with your CTS. I am glad to hear that this repair addressed your issues and that your issue was covered under the timing chain special coverage. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.