Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Stay Away from Cadillac

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2012 CTS Coupe and have had major engine issues that the dealer has been unable to fully repair. CEL comes on and engine misfires. Has already happened 4 times. Car has less than 8000 miles and GM will not buy the vehicle back. They gave me some BS offers that I wouldn't accept and now I have to wait for it to breakdown again to which their solution will be to replace the engine. The vehicle will never run the same and all residual value in it is gone and this is how I am treated. Stay away. Stay far away from Cadillac. They do not take care of their customers like they claim. Pretty poor for a "luxury" brand.

#2 ·
If they offer to replace the engine I would say that's a pretty good deal. Who knows how the previous owner drove the car. No it won't run the same--it will run better with a new engine. Was it a certified pre-owned Cadillac bought at a Cadillac dealer?

#3 ·
If they offered a buy-out and you refused, then it means that you were willing to accept the fact that you may have to deal with those issues rather than accept the offer made?

Buy backs typically occur when there are 3 attempted repairs on the EXACT same complaint. Codes could be different each trip?

It must be running OK now, otherwise you would not have taken it from dealership?

Perhaps try another facility if it happens again, or wait and see if a Cadillac Customer Service representative tries to contact and assist you here?

#4 ·
Sucks that you got a lemon. I guess it has to happen to somebody. But I won't stay away from Cadillac. I have 3 currently and plan on adding more!

Try different dealers. Look up the lemon law in your state. Have some optimism, you can't expect every single car off the assembly line to be perfect

#5 ·
I purchased the car new so a replacement engine is not a good deal. It runs ok but within 2 days it trips the CEL and starts bucking due to the misfire. They already replaced most of the left side of the engine. I qualify for Lemon law if it fails one more time. The only offer they gave me was to do a Lease swap which means they buy out my lease as long as I agree to get a new Cadillac lease. I would lose all my incentives that are no longer available, lose my down payment, and be forced to extend the lease. Pretty crappy customer service and I'm done with GM.

#9 ·
Money paid into buyout option at the end of the lease. I would be starting over from scratch and lose all that money paid.

----------

So because you are having problems, everyone should stay away from Cadillac. Ok I'm on it.

For sale 08 cts4, black cherry. Pm me for details
Just trying to educate future consumers. I have been very polite and patient with them but they don't care. Just hope none of you have to go through this type of ordeal.

#7 ·
Hello jbdrags,

I apologize that you are unsatisfied with your CTS since it has been having issues with its engine. I know how frustrating reoccurring issues can be on a vehicle. I would like to look into your case for you. Could you provide me with your case number and your VIN in a private message so I can do that? Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#11 · (Edited)
PM sent

----------

Try a different dealer. My car was purchased BRAND NEW as well. Not leased. So I'm deff wary of problems seeing as I will be keeping this car, not turning it in at the end of a lease. GM replaced my engine at 39k miles because of an oil consumption problem and everything is PERFECT. so there is no basis to your claim that the car will not run the same with a new engine. I now have 52k miles on the car and not a single problem. Plus I think you chose the wrong forum to tell to stay away from Cadillac. Prolly not gonna happen. Let them replace the engine.
Thanks. Glad everything worked out for you. Definitely don't trust the quality of repairs by my dealer. Took it in for an oil change and tire rotation and came out with two gouged rims. After they replaced the left side head, they forgot to attach the back engine bracket causing a loud knocking noise upon acceleration. Can't believe they didn't hear it while test driving. They also forgot the foam piece that goes between that bracket and the engine, and the heat shield at the back part of the cover.

This isn't my only Cadillac and I know my post will upset some of the Cadillac enthusiasts but don't think since you bought a luxury car from GM that they will treat you any different. I really did like the car and what upset me the most is that they weren’t' even willing to do a clean swap where they replaced the car and kept my lease deal the same. They pretty much wanted me to start over like some person walking in from off the street.

#12 ·
Look into your state's lemon laws. They might not want to buy the car back, but your state's law likely says you can dump that POS and force them to. In Michigan, if you have to take the vehicle in more than 3 times for the same problem and still unresolved, you can pursue lemon law.

#15 ·
Rag the hell outta that POS. Drive it like it was stolen. That should make the engine do something quicker. Get a new engine and then drive with a smile. And they should provide you with a loaner, a Cadillac loaner.

No question they should treat you better. I, too, have my own story about a bad transmission. My car has been in the shop for a month now because the transmission failed...twice (still there). Took it in the first time, they repaired it, drove it home and it was on a tow truck two days later. They will only repair it this second time, too. I want a new trans, but no. I personally can't trust my car whenever I get it back. I can't trust it with my 92 year old parents or my 92 year old mom-in-law (who lives in NC) with us and drive it only to have it breakdown in Bufu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.