How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :( in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The Battery is dead , I tried to open the driver door bu using hidden into the remote but doesn't ...
    Saeid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :(

The Battery is dead , I tried to open the driver door bu using hidden into the remote but doesn't work.So please tell me what I havta to do with my 2010 CTS ..... By the way, i found that I can use jump power points under the hood or the passenger door but I couldn't find them.... please help me I'm in trouble.

Thanks in advance,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :(

Which battery is dead -- the car's battery or the battery in your keyless access device?

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

You might post more info. about what's wrong, if you have keyless entry or not, and what you're trying to accomplish.

Have you tried using the emergency key to open the driver's door? Do you have folding seats to access the battery in the trunk or the emergency trunk release?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Saeid View Post
    The Battery is dead , I tried to open the driver door bu using hidden into the remote but doesn't work.So please tell me what I havta to do with my 2010 CTS ..... By the way, i found that I can use jump power points under the hood or the passenger door but I couldn't find them.... please help me I'm in trouble.

Thanks in advance,
    Hello Saeid,

I am sorry you are having an issue getting into your CTS because of the battery. Could you private message me some more info about your concern so I am able to do some more research on your behalf? Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Saeid View Post
    The Battery is dead , i found that I can use jump power points under the hood or the passenger door but I couldn't find them.... please help me I'm in trouble.

Thanks in advance,
    The remote terminals under the hood are located on the passenger side fender well, but since you have to open the door to open the hood< I don

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    The key is a good idea... It's inside the fob.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    The key is a good idea... It's inside the fob.
    And the key inside the keyless remote works mechanically, not electrically, to unlock the driver's door, so it shouldn't matter that either the car battery or remote is dead.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think the OP said that they key didn't work ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i think the OP said that they key didn't work ...
    Yeah, but we don't know what he means by "key" -- the FOB or the metal key in it? Also, I've found that the metal key can be a bit hard to turn, which might lead some to conclude that it doesn't work.

Jschmank is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Silver CTS AWD

I ended up with a run down battery after loading a new navigation disk. I used the key to unlock the door, but I use the key to start my car vs the keyless remote. The key in the keyless fob should work. The jumper cable connections are on the passenger side but you have to remove the black plastic engine cover on the fender side to get to the negative connection point. The positive one is under a red plastic cover. It took my car some time to get enough juice to start. Also have check engine light on now after jumping the car.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

.................................................. .................................................

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

You are probably getting the check engine light because you need to reset the throttle position sensor. Check your owners manual under dead battery.

Merge is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

Quote Originally Posted by Jschmank View Post
    I ended up with a run down battery after loading a new navigation disk. I used the key to unlock the door, but I use the key to start my car vs the keyless remote. The key in the keyless fob should work....
    If the battery in the keyless FOB is dead, the car won't recognize the FOB and it won't work. However, the metal key inside the FOB can still be used to open the driver's side door, to lock or unlock the glove compartment, and to unlock the optional pass-through door to the trunk, but it cannot be used to start the car -- there ain't no keyhole for that!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jschmank View Post
    I ended up with a run down battery after loading a new navigation disk. I used the key to unlock the door, but I use the key to start my car vs the keyless remote. The key in the keyless fob should work. The jumper cable connections are on the passenger side but you have to remove the black plastic engine cover on the fender side to get to the negative connection point. The positive one is under a red plastic cover. It took my car some time to get enough juice to start. Also have check engine light on now after jumping the car.
    Hello Jschmank,

I apologize for any inconveniences your vehicle is experiencing after loading the new navigation disc. I see other forum members have offered advice on your situation. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please reach out to me via private message and include your VIN.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.