How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :( - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :( in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by The_Judge Thank you for helping a senile (and apparently blind) old coot across the street (or in ...
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: How to Enter a CTS With a Dead Battery ? :(

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    Thank you for helping a senile (and apparently blind) old coot across the street (or in this case into his trunk)!

p.s. Getting into the trunk won't do you any good if the battery in your keyless remote FOB is dead -- still can't start the car without a working electrified FOB. Or can you?

p.p.s. In 5 years of owning CTSs, and several years of owing MBs with a similar feature, I've never had any reason to actually USE the fold-down rear seats. I'm sure some folks make use of them on occasion, but for most they're a waste of money.
    Judge, from one sort of old coot to another (who may consider having an eye test! LOL!), glad I could help you into your trunk!

Re p.s. - Hmm.. I'm not sure about that one. The owner's manual explains how to start the vehicle with a "low" transmitter battery, by placing the transmitter in the center console storage area transmitter pocket with the buttons facing to the front of the vehicle. Not sure if that same procedure would work if the transmitter had a completely dead battery. Having said that I can't imagine the transmitter battery suddenly going to zero without some door unlocking /door opening issues or engine starting issues happening days or weeks before that.

Re p.p.s - Actually my wife and I have used the fold-down rear seats several times in the '08, '09 & '11 CTS vehicles we've owned. It always involves shopping, and usually involves the longer items we've purchased. It seems whenever we visit IKEA the fold-down rear seats see action.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Good to be reminded about the low battery fix. I'm sure I've read that before but totally forgot about it as I've never been in that situation. Of course, if you can start the car, there's no reasons to try to get into the trunk through the back seat.

I was wrong about the 2008 having the button -- seats were in fact like in the 2011, that is a cloth tab to pull. I was thinking of my 2006 CLS, which I'm pretty certain has a button to push or a tab to pull on the top of the back seat or on the deck behind it.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    RAB. Down in the lower 48 we call it something different than shopping. From an old coot to another I can't recall the last time my wife and I went "shopping". But if something ever comes up I hope I remember the seats fold down.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

It would have been nice if the OP had let us know how he resolved the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.