New Owner Electrical Issue- Return car or not? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New Owner Electrical Issue- Return car or not? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by jbdrags Good luck trying to get them to buy it back. I have been fighting for them ...
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: New Owner Electrical Issue- Return car or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jbdrags View Post
    Good luck trying to get them to buy it back. I have been fighting for them to buy back my Lemon and the only offer they gave me was to do a Lease swap which means they buy out my lease as long as I agree to get a new Cadillac lease. I would lose all my incentives that are no longer available, lose my down payment, and be forced to extend the lease. Pretty crappy customer service.
    Great, another hoser!

jbdrags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Great, another hoser!
    Good luck when this happens to you.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

jbdrags, maybe nobody understands your frustration on this forum better than me. But to spew forth bad karma isn't going to get you anywhere. I do understand as my car is in the shop for a second transmission rebuild 2 days after I got it back from my first transmission rebuild. All we are saying is give peace a chance.

KnickKnackCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    FYI - Battery drain diagnostics info:

Service Information
    2009 Cadillac CTS | CTS VIN D Service Manual
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIC5454A: Additional Battery Drain Diagnostics - (Apr 19, 2012)

Subject: Additional Battery Drain Diagnostics

Models: 2008 - 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe Sedan And Wagon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This PI was superseded to update model and model years. Please discard PIC5454.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    A customer may comment that the battery goes dead intermittently.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    After further diagnostics it may be found that the battery draw cannot be duplicated. There are several known areas that may cause a battery draw on a CTS. Please check the following areas for any concerns.

 1. Overhead console light switch
     2. Door Handle Micro Switches/Touchpads
     3. Radio
     4. Trunk/Liftgate Touch Pad corroded from water intrusion
     5. Inadvertent power ckt (wires pinched by sunvisors)
     6. Seat Switches sticking
     7. Window Switches sticking (Drivers Door Switch, Passenger Door Switch)
     8. Memory Seat switch circuit board solder splatter
     9. Aftermarket accessories installed (or were installed at time of the battery drain - be sure to ask customer if a phone, MP3 player, etc. may have been installed when the issue occurred)
    10. Check engine wiring harness located on the right side cylinder head from front to back for possible multiple short locations
    11. Gen 8 OnStar module (see bulletin #09-08-46-004B)
    12. Review latest version of PI0412 (No Crank No Start Dead Battery Due to Parasitic Drain Discharge) *** 2011 Model Years Only ***
    13. Review latest version of PIC4935 (OnStar Power Consumption)
    If all recommendations above do not indicate a possible concern then check the afterblow option using the Tech 2 to see if it is turned on, If customer agrees please turn the afterblow off and let the customer evaluate the vehicle for a draw.
    I will also put this in my file. Thanks!

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Me too! I keep a CTS Knowledgebase.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

It sounds like the number one thing I would check is the Radar Detector hard wire connection. If you didn't tap into a switched power source (power is only present when the engine is running or controlled by the key) You are getting a parasitic drain right there. The hot wire must lose power when the car is turned off. Perhaps your problem predated the installation. For awhile when I was active on the Corvette forum, I manufactured an in-line connector that got it's from a switched source. I hope this is the simple answer that solves your problem. If not the previous post before yours covering the same topic turned out to be a chafed wire to the BCM, and another said a defective power seat motor was their cause.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.