I think I will Wait a Year on the 2014 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, I think I will Wait a Year on the 2014 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I was looking at replacing my 2010 CTS (company car) for a 2014 this fall but I think I will ...
    blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I think I will Wait a Year on the 2014 CTS

I was looking at replacing my 2010 CTS (company car) for a 2014 this fall but I think I will wait a year for what I believe will be a 2015 model with an improved powertrain (plus other bug fixes). When I read that the 2014 AWD version of the 3.6 will be a carryover with a 6 speed trans. is a bit of a disapointment. I believe the 8 speed will be offered on the AWD in 2015 and maybe if we are lucky the twin turbo will also be offered in a AWD. Also, I fear that the first year of this model will be buggy like the 2008's. My 2010 has been a great vehicle with minimal issues and I would hate to replace that one with something that may have some teething issues. Now one vehicle that does interest me is the 2014 MB E Class which could win me over earlier. The MB zone office happend to occupy the same office building I'm in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

Re: I think I will Wait a Year on the 2014 CTS

If past predicts the future, you'd be smart to wait. I waited for a 2009 model and mine has been in the shop as much as some of the most buggy 2008s, so it might be smart to wait for 2016.

If the 2014s are that buggy, a MB may then be in my future (assuming they are less buggy). Again there are several items in the 2014 that are a bit disapointing. I will be interested in the interior room (back seat). If the car is 5 inches longer why is the interior volume the same as the 2013? (or is the 2014 slightly less). Looks like GM learned their lesson on the 2013 Malibu and changed the 2014 to offer a bit more rear leg room. We may see the same issue with the 2014 CTS.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by blankster
    If the 2014s are that buggy, a MB may then be in my future (assuming they are less buggy). Again there are several items in the 2014 that are a bit disapointing. I will be interested in the interior room (back seat). If the car is 5 inches longer why is the interior volume the same as the 2013? (or is the 2014 slightly less). Looks like GM learned their lesson on the 2013 Malibu and changed the 2014 to offer a bit more rear leg room. We may see the same issue with the 2014 CTS.
    It's still early, but the ATS and XTS seem to be holding up well in the early showing. That may bode well for the CTS.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

This is just my opinion, but I don't think that Cadillac will have the same problems with the 2014 as the 08s and 09s did. I base that on several factors. First and foremost, I think Cadillac learned its lesson, and while I think ALL first model years from every manufacturer is going to have issues, I don't think they will do the same thing. In fact, no company is immune from first generation models: just ask initial Iphone users. Second, that time period was an unusual circumstance for the auto industry as the beginning of the recession and before UAW contract changes. GM got bailed out, and from a quality standpoint, that seemed to help, as most all GM brand quality is up from that time period. Gohawks makes a great point with the ATS and XTS. I say if you like the style go for it now and don't worry about any potential bugs that may never happen. (There are forum members on here with 08 models that haven't had problems, after all). However, I can certainly understand waiting for the 8-speed as I think that will be an improvement worth waiting for.

The first model year can be buggy but other changes may be in the 2015 due to customer input and a year's worth of service history. The main change I would prefer is the 8 speed transmission and maybe then the TT will be offered in AWD also. But as an example ,I believe there will be a couple of upgrades for the XTS for 2014 based on 1 year of field and customer input. Besides I really like my 2010.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.